Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? (1038 Views)

African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? by Perfectscribe(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Selection of candidates for the 7th Batch Training of the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC)

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 21 September 2016: An AUC panel met to shortlist the candidates for the 7th Batch Training of the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps. The panel consisted of representatives of AUC departments and units. A total of 5600 applications were received from call for applications between the 2nd and 22nd of August 2016 and 100 candidates were selected from all 54 AU Members States representing the five regions of Africa; for the training which will take place in October 2016. To ensure transparency and accountability in the selection process, a panel comprised of representatives from AUC Departments and Units was instituted. The selection meeting took place from the 20 – 21st September at the AUC Headquarters.

His Excellency the Commissioner of HRST, Dr Martial De-Paul Ikounga met with the selection team to encourage them. In his brief address he called upon the members of the team to exercise a high level of transparency and integrity and wished them as they finalize the selection. Selected candidates will be notified in due course.

The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) is African Union’s Initiatives for youth capacity building, empowerment and meaningful participation through volunteer work at a continental level and by virtue contribute towards an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa. The program is in line with the African Youth Charter and Assembly Decision by AU Heads of State and Government (Assembly/AU/Dec.274 (XVI) January 2010) “to launch and implement an African Union Youth Volunteer Corps”. AU-YVC was officially launched on the 3rd of December 2010 in Abuja, Nigeria.

AU-YVC recruits and works with young professionals age 18-35 from across the Continent and the Diaspora, to serve for a period of 12 months in their respective fields of expertise in an AU Member State other than their own. Priority areas of deployment of the AU-YVC include: Education; Entrepreneurship; Health; Institutional capacity building; Information and Communication Technology; Peace building and Post Conflict Reconstruction.

It is expected that shortlisting of successful candidate should have been done by now. We understand that the September is the expected date. Please who has been shortlisted or who has any NEWS for this batch?
Re: 7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? by Babacele: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
hmmm.......don't hope on it bro. in 2011 I applied and I was damn sure I was more qualified because I had more skill sets to volunteer in rural communities having just finished a similar assignment with a high profile international NGO ,but to my shock, a friend presently a big boy in Action Aid got wind of my application and told me to forget it because corruption don enter! wish you luck though.

1 Like

Re: 7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? by cloud9usher: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
I applied as well. From their Faceboook page they haven't confirmed if a list of successful candidates has be released neither has successful candidates been contacted. They just stated the fact that selection was made on the 21st of September. Lots of people asked questions on the post on Facebook but no reply was given from AU, I presume they haven't concluded yet.

They stated that training for the successful candidates starts in October, they didn't state a date though.

@ Babacele, I can't rule out corruption but I beg to defer from your assertion, I know someone who applied 2 years ago, he didn't know anyone in The African Union, he was just a fresh NYSC graduate who had done basic developmental work during his NYSC days and he got selected, just like that!

Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
Re: 7th Batch African Union Youth Volunteer Corp (AU-YVC) 2017 News? by Babacele: 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
cloud9usher:
I applied as well. From their Faceboook page they haven't confirmed if a list of successful candidates has be released neither has successful candidates been contacted. They just stated the fact that selection was made on the 21st of September. Lots of people asked questions on the post on Facebook but no reply was given from AU, I presume they haven't concluded yet.

They stated that training for the successful candidates starts in October, they didn't state a date though.

@ Babacele, I can't rule out corruption but I beg to defer from your assertion, I know someone who applied 2 years ago, he didn't know anyone in The African Union, he was just a fresh NYSC graduate who had done basic developmental work during his NYSC days and he got selected, just like that!

Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
OK sir.

(1) (Reply)

Soteria Eye Clinic Limited 2017 Latest Recruitment (3 Positions) / Job Vacancy To Apply After N-POWER Training Programme / Independent National Electoral Commission Recruitment 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.