Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? (703 Views)

Apostation In Xtianity / Xtianity Is No Threat; It Is Persuation To Life! / Why I Became A Satanist!( Must Read) Exposing Xtianity The Deceptiveness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by mmsen: 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
I'm sure you are all aware of how obsessed Nigerian women are with the church and activities pertaining to the church. This connection seems to remain steadfast despite many of them labelling themselves 'feminists' or at least being advocates for a more equitable society.

How does one claim to be an advocate for equality whilst being a member of the Catholic Church whose entire elite ranks consist of men? Why is a book that states "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says." (1 Cor 14:34) still taken seriously by anyone, least of all women?

And lest anyone think this is a one off message it is repeated:

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

Misogyny is a common theme throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelations, and yet somehow we have presumably sane people claiming that this book of hatred and division was inspired by an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful deity. Despite the hatred that the authors of this book had for women it is often they who are the most enthusiastic proponents of the Bible and the various churches, in fact women are the majority of church members globally.

My question is therefore is thus, how do we get young women to see sense so that they do not poison another generation with the curse of misinformation and willful ignorance?

P.S.
It goes without saying that Islam is even worse but their wahalah is something else. Many mosques won't even allow women entry during prayers.
Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
mmsen:

P.S.
It goes without saying that Islam is even worse but their wahalah is something else. Many mosques won't even allow women entry during prayers.

BRUH.. I CONSIDER ISLAM A LOT MORE SHITTIER THAN CHRISTIANITY.
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THE NORTH?
THE FEMALES OVER THERE ARE MADE TO DRESS LIKE NINJAS UNDER THE SCORCHING SUN FOR NO REASON, WHILE THE MEN WEAR WHAT THEY WANT.
IN SOME ISLAMIC COUNTRIES WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE, OR DRINK, OR DO STUFF WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF HER HUSBAND OR FATHER.
IN NIGERIA HERE MUSLIM GIRLS DO NOT GIVE HANDSHAKES OR HUGS. I WONDER THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS ONE EVEN THOUGH THE GIRLS HAVE BOYFIES THEY HAVE SEX WITH CONSTANTLY. IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME.

THE SOCIETY HAS AFFECTED WOMEN IN SO MANY WAYS, JUST AS RELIGION IS AFFECTING THE SOCIETY IN EVERY WAY.

AS AN AFRICAN WOMAN IF YOU'RE SINGLE OR BARREN OR INFERTILE OR JOBLESS OR ALWAYS FALLING ILL OR GETTING HEARTBROKEN BY MEN OR SOMETHING, THEY ATTRIBUTE YOUR CONDITIONS TO THE DEVIL OR A MARINE HUSBAND OR SOMETHING, OR A "SPIRIT OF DISAPPOINTMENT.

PEOPLE THINK YOU HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO GET GOOD THINGS IN LIFE, IF YOU'RE GETTING BAD THINGS THEN YOU LACK FAITH, OR YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR GODS TIME WHICH IS THE BEST.

EVEN IF EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD AGREES TO INSTANTLY DUMP RELIGION ALL AT ONCE, BELIEVE ME YOU'LL STILL HAVE WOMEN SECRETLY PRAYING TO GOD FOR MIRACLES.

THE INDOCTRINATION IS STRONGER ON THEM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by analice107: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
mmsen:
I'm sure you are all aware of how obsessed Nigerian women are with the church and activities pertaining to the church. This connection seems to remain steadfast despite many of them labelling themselves 'feminists' or at least being advocates for a more equitable society.

How does one claim to be an advocate for equality whilst being a member of the Catholic Church whose entire elite ranks consist of men? Why is a book that states "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says." (1 Cor 14:34) still taken seriously by anyone, least of all women?

And lest anyone think this is a one off message it is repeated:

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

Misogyny is a common theme throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelations, and yet somehow we have presumably sane people claiming that this book of hatred and division was inspired by an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful deity. Despite the hatred that the authors of this book had for women it is often they who are the most enthusiastic proponents of the Bible and the various churches, in fact women are the majority of church members globally.

My question is therefore is thus, how do we get young women to see sense so that they do not poison another generation with the curse of misinformation and willful ignorance?

P.S.

Must you display your gross ignorance in public like this?

1 Like

Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by mmsen: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
analice107:

Must you display your gross ignorance in public like this?

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'ignorance'?
Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by analice107: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
mmsen:

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'ignorance'?
Do you?
Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by mmsen: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
analice107:

Do you?

It is what you are displaying now - a lack of knowledge.

Stop waylaying the thread.
Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by Babacele: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
hmmm where does one start from? But we thank God truth is defending itself despite falsehood 's seeming global acceptance. Let me quickly console you that the Adam and Eve story ,an allegory in man's Evolution, is clearly talking about Eve being a more reformed Adam ,and isnt the serpent the wisest of all animals from the word serpientum ? In Gen 1 : 27 , God created man male and female like himself ......long before creation of Eden.
Remember Christ said we should be as wise as the serpent .isn't it God, all knowing, that created the forbidden tree ?

True seekers and proponents of knowledge know that women are the real soul of the world; women are even more advanced spiritually because it is so planned divinely.

It is the female influence that bring forth growth ,or fruits in the organic world or else the world would atrophy and die. She carries the divine heritage to birth and nurture lives hence continual life on earth can be sustained . Check any environment where there is no female influence ,you would see a situation where there is no ambition- a development standstill - which leads to degeneration.
Re: How Do We End The Stranglehold That Xtianity Has On Nigerian Women? by LaDolceVita: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
I don't think religion, at least in its current form, will survive widespread education.

One can already see this process happening in developed countries that have had a head start. Generally the more educated a country is, the more secular it's population.

Even the ones who do claim to religious are not biblical or quranic literalists and they generally are believers only in name or as a form of cultural categorisation.

(1) (Reply)

Supernatural Powers/ Prophetic Abilities Exist! / See The Post And Picture Trending On Facebook Concerning Pastor Chris / My Body Is A Temple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.