Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River (1291 Views)

Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe, Disguised As Mourners (Graphic Pics) / Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Ipobdevil: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River

Two soldiers were killed in an early Saturday morning attack on Army troops by suspected militants in Efut Esighi Waterfront in Bakassi Local Government Area of Cross River State. According to a statement by Colonel Sabi K Usman, acting Director of Army Public Relations, the attack was led by wanted criminal kingpin, Benjamin Simplee (AKA G1), leader of the Bakassi Strike Force.

The militants were said to have arrived the Efut Esighi Waterfront in speedboats. Two other soldiers went missing but were later found through the reinforcement sent by the Army. The militants also burnt an Army Buffalo pick-up vehicle. The troops killed two gunmen, while the rest escaped with gunshot wounds.

In addition, said the statement, the troops' location has been reinforced with more gunboats and air component. The clearance and pursuit operation, it added, is also in progress on going.

The Army vowed that the perpetrators of the act would be found and brought to justice, warning criminal elements against attacking any of its locations.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/09/24/bakassi-militants-kill-2-soldiers-cross-river

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by sarrki(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baba is back they will be dealt with accordingly

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
RIP Gallant Soldiers.....
True Patriots cool

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by ificatchmodeh: 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Insecurity everywhere.. undecided
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by basilo101: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

Bubu is a deaf coward

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Militants everywhere cry
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Agimor(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
The rate of militancy in the Niger Delta is very alarming. Why the government is finding ways to get rid of the the existing ones a new set is springing up it goes to show that the issue they are agitating for is not been tackled.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Only?
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by chat2deen(m): 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Benjamin Simplee aka Gulf-1 u days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by payosehtor(m): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
criminals will pay for it . baba is back.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by jesse8048(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Restructure the damn country now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by ElCount: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
jesse8048:
Restructure the damn country now.
You dey mind them? Restructuring is the only option they have but their mumu too much so its only a matter of time b4 the yeye country explode and disintegrate.

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by BuariCopyPaste: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
mtcheeew....
Only two soldiers were killed.
I don't pity the genocidal Nigerian army
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
Agimor:
The rate of militancy in the Niger Delta is very alarming. Why the government is finding ways to get rid of the the existing ones a new set is springing up it goes to show that the issue they are agitating for is not been tackled.

Shattap there. First of all, Cross River is not a Niger Delta state and neither does it have oil in commercial quantity. This Bakassi militants as I have read are not fighting for oil but for their Bakassi land to be cedded back to them.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by ChilledPill: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

Why can't you say something reasonable in life?
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Agimor(m): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Real2020:

Shattap there. First of all, Cross River is not a Niger Delta state and neither does it have oil in commercial quantity. This Bakassi militants as I have read are not fighting for oil but for their Bakassi land to be cedded back to them.
So must you dignify yourself in sure manner be you make your own contribution? I don't even have time for your type hence swerve.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Chimezie250(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
another war front,more scarce resources and military men been wasted by that certificateles dullardino
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Agimor:
[s]So must you dignify yourself in sure manner be you make your own contribution? I don't even have time for your type hence swerve.[/s]

Get away from here Afonja before I release my anger of your divisive nature on you.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by Simeonnwabeks: 1:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Real2020:

Get away from here Afonja before I release my anger of your divisive nature on you.

Accursed Osu Ibo.
Re: Bakassi Militants Kill 2 Soldiers In Cross River by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:14am On Sep 26, 2016
sarrki:

Hmmmmmmm

They will hear

(1) (Reply)

Edo Guber: I Saw Ballot Papers In Police Van – Soldier / Kitchen,living Room And The Other Room(picx) / Nigerians Who Voted Buhari You Played Yourselves. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.