Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Shattered Dreams - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shattered Dreams (333 Views)

My Life Was Shattered On My Wedding Day. Was I A Side Chick?. / Seeing My Late Mom In My Dreams Most Times. ( What Does It Mean) / I Have Been Singing Gospel Songs In My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shattered Dreams by Justoc: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
There were times that you set your mind to achieve something. You perfected your plan. You put in all necessary resources. You put in time, effort and probably money. All was set. You were sure it would work. You had already started dreaming of success. Suddenly something happened. The table is turned. You could not believe it. Your dream is shattered. It did not work as planned. Why? Why? You cried.

It was not your fault. You did everything right. You just did not know what happened and why it did not work out. Others did same, even putting less effort, and it worked for them.

Some call it luck. They said you were not lucky. They were more lucky than you. But…wait. Don’t you think it is more than that?
Could it be that God is trying to get your attention? That disappointment might be a way He is trying to draw you to Him. Why not get closer to Him and find out?

Is your purpose in life not bigger and better than that dream? Are you not trying to be something lesser than what He created you for? If your dream had worked, you may have ended up being successful in your own standard, whereas He has bigger plans for you.
I think we should count it a privilege when our desires did not work, but on the other hand, it brought us closer to our maker. Greater things await you, if you believe so.

Some have talked about it. Others sang it. And it remains true. Your life without Christ is shattered dreams. It might seem to be working right now, but never will you find that full satisfaction, except in Christ.

Title taken from the song, Shattered Dreams by Mary McKee and the Genesis.

www.floatingingrace.com

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Addictions (introduced) / Nigerian Deportees Receive Cash Gift At Synagogue / Does Our Sins Really Affect God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.