Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers (1019 Views)

How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / If You've Ever Traveled By Air . Check This / Akeredolu Launches Lagos-Akure Route By Air Peace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Frankraj: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
This will be my first time of traveling by Airport and that will be murtala mohamed international airport Lagos . I will be traveling to Kigali Rwanda ( East Africa) . Please tell me the process in the airport how to locate where my Co passenger are seated, the kind of interrogation I'm supposed to encounter by the immigration officers and any other useful process I will have to under go in the airport before we depart . Honest answer needed
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Juz ready all ur papers/supporting docs if u have...

Once ur checking in, tatz the only time they gonna give u ur seat number..u can ask/request them if u prefer to seat on window or aisle area

Juz chill and enjoy the travel smiley
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by kolajoo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
#Walk in the departure wink. (40mins b4 departure time)

#Locate your airline service desk

#Tender your passport and ticket.

#Give them your luggage for check in

#Process further to board

Enjoy your flight and you will be user to your seat no or indicated by the flight attendant.
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Frankraj: 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
@TrapQueen77 Kigali is a visa free to Nigerians. You pay for visa on arrival.. But have you Been to Kigali Rwanda before ?

@kolajoo must it be 40 minutes before my departure time. Can't I go early or after 40 minutes
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Frankraj:
@TrapQueen77 Kigali is a visa free to Nigerians. You pay for visa on arrival.. But have you Been to Kigali Rwanda before ?

Even if its free visa, the immigration will surely ask u some questions like what is ur reason why u going there.. Are u going there for holiday? School? Business? And so on..
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by DIKEnaWAR: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Juz ready all ur papers/supporting docs if u have...

Once ur checking in, tatz the only time they gonna give u ur seat number..u can ask/request them if u prefer to seat on window or aisle area

Juz chill and enjoy the travel smiley

I usually take the window. It makes it easier for me to enjoy fresh air when I open it and pee incase I am pressed.

OP should not take the aisle. Those on attachment will be dragging seat with him.

Incase they stop to eat on the way, he shouldn't drink too much water.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by kolajoo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Frankraj:

@kolajoo must it be 40 minutes before my departure time. Can't I go early or after 40 minutes
You can go early but make sure you are in the airport before the counter closed else you will miss your flight.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by joinnow: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
....... Hope you are not carrying hard drugs.
....... And you are not running away from RECESSION.
If yes all clear
1. First you have all your traveling documents Handy.
a.passport
b.hotel reservation
c. Travelling health insurance

2.Go to the airlines you bought your airticket counter to find checking IN time.
3. Check in time approach the airlines counter and check in ( your big luggage) it will by tag and your seat number ,boarding gate etc will be allocated to you if you have not done so Online.
3.custom will have check your luggage before the airline tag it.
4.proceed to boarding gate. To get their you will pass on through immigration check point. After some questioning (eg where are you traveling to what is your mission there and how long will you stay there) they will stamp on your passport department date.
Settle near your boarding gate area.
5.waiting for the boarding time.meanwhile make new acquaintance by asking if they are also traveling to Rawander,etc
6.when it time it will be announced then proceed to the boarding gate through which you board the plane.
When in the plane check the seat number on the overhead cabin or ask any beautiful air hostess to assist.
Hope this help grin
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Frankraj: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
OK thanks my man. @TrapQueen77 don't worry . there emabsey have given me visa. I have the document but I will pay for there visa on arrival in Kigali .check I sent email to you

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Frankraj:
OK thanks my man. @TrapQueen77 don't worry . there emabsey have given me visa. I have the document but I will pay for there visa on arrival in Kigali .check I sent email to you
make sure you deliver that package....be smart grin grin
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Frankraj: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
@wailing you funny well well ooh. Which package
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Frankraj:
@wailing you funny well well ooh. Which package
just kidding grin grin....joinnow have said it all wink cool
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by Frankraj: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
@joinnow must I have a hotel reservation even to a Visa free country ?
And what do you mean by Travelling health insurance
Re: I Have Not Traveled By Air Before . I Need Your Honest Answers by ajirapsy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Do you have some where else to stay? If yes, that's fine. Otherwise, you need hotel reservation.

Who goes to a place they have never been to without provision for a place to stay.

Visa free does not grant you automatic entry. You still have to convince them at the point of entry, where your visa is issued, before you are allowed in. Also, remember to have your return ticket handy if you are going for a visit.

Frankraj:
@joinnow must I have a hotel reservation even to a Visa free country ?
And what do you mean by Travelling health insurance

(1) (Reply)

This What The Fire At Festac Town Looked Like / World Top 10 Exporting Countries / Serious Accident Along Sapele Road Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.