Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? (534 Views)

Outsource Your Job. / Quitting Nairaland For Good..... / Accident Caused By Police Collecting Bribe In Onitsha Cause Death Of 4(Pics,Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by satowind(m): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
I am a corper serving with a private school dat pays me 18k. The owner of the school is a pastor at one of redeem branches. I am a stunt catholic and he invited me to his church. He said it was thanks giving. I told him I don't go to other churches and he said if I don't come he will remove 5k from my salary.

So I quit the job. I have asked people some said what I did was right while others said I shouldn't use cause of church and loose my job.

I want to ask what you guys think in this issue? Do u think church is reason enough to quit a job ? Do u think an employer have the right to tamper with an upright employee salary cause of church?
Re: Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
So because you didn't go for Thanksgiving, he removed 5k from your salary?.. Which kind blackmail be that one? undecided

You did the right thing... Nobody should use religion to blackmail anybody... You were hired to do a Job and not to be going to any stupid Thanksgiving.... He should have respected your decision... Pastor my ass!. Mchew
Re: Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
The kind hunger wey go beat ehnn, even your pastor no go fit cure am
Re: Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by menxer: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
You said he is a pastor, does removing 5k from your salary for not attending a thanksgiving sound like good Christian ethics?

That is blackmail, extortion and manipulation.

You are better off not working for such a person lest you take on his attributes.
Re: Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by satowind(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
Blakjewelry:
The kind hunger wey go beat ehnn, even your pastor no go fit cure am
I didn't say I was hungry man. The lord has been faithful to me. De recession no fit. Reach feeding
Re: Is It Wise Quitting Your Job Cause Of Church? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2016
satowind:

I didn't say I was hungry man. The lord has been faithful to me. De recession no fit. Reach feeding
Sorry op make I no lie I no read the story before hehehe, I thought you wanted to leave your job because your church wanted you to. In a serious note let the pastor take his 18k and shove it in his ass

(1) (Reply)

Land Disputes At Ibada-amukpe Community Resolved. / Check Out This Woman's Awesome Acrobatic Skills In Wrapper / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.