Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) (1471 Views)

Peter Okoye Aka Mr P Covers October Edition Of Vibe.ng Magazine / OC Ukeje Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today / OC Ukeje Cheating On His Wife With Lala Akindoju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
The name Mr. Raw was unarguably a household name a few years ago, and perhaps still is, especially for lovers of rap music. Formerly known as NIGA RAW, Mr. Raw took charge of the Nigerian music firmament and indeed all around the world with his peculiar type of code mixing lyrics which captivated the hearts of music lovers both locally and internationally.
From his debut album "Right and Wrong" released in 2005 through his subsequent albums "Everything Remains Raw" and "End of Discussion" down to "The Greatest" which featured Nigeria's music superstar 2baba, Mr Raw's music has always had a unique touch of class and unfettered identity.

Here's a brief biography of Mr Raw:

Okechukwu Edwards Ukeje, better known by his stage name Mr Raw (formerly Dat N.I.G.G.A. Raw), is a rapper from Southeastern Nigeria. He is often regarded as one of the pioneers of Igbo rap, a genre that now appeals to a broad, mainstream audience. Born and raised in Enugu, he gained prominence during the early 2000s rapping in the Igbo language and Pidgin English.

Raw's debut studio album, Right & Wrong, was released on 7 August 2005; it experienced commercial success and helped propel him to the next level in his career. A second album Everything Remains Raw followed in 2007, paving the way for future performers in the genre. His third studio album End of Discussion was released in October 2010. The album yielded the hit song "O Chukwu" whose music video won Best Afro Hip Hop Video at the NMVA Awards that year.

Despite his fame as a solo artist, Raw has collaborated with numerous other musical artists including Flavour N'abania, Duncan Mighty, Phyno, Illbliss, 2Face, M-Josh and Slow Dog.

I'm particularly in an unending love with his track "Obodo".
If anyone knows where Mr. Raw is, please tell him to come out ASAP and thrill us once again with his specialties.
I MISS YOU SO MUCH, MR RAW NWA NNE.

Re: Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
my favourite rapper ever, Ko Gbadun Dat Nigga Raw feat. Duncan Mighty

1 Like

Re: Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) by chydii(f): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
And Styl plus
I miss those guys
Re: Where Is Okechukwu E. Ukeje Aka MR RAW? (photos) by Lexusgs430: 3:29am On Sep 26, 2016
chydii:
And Styl plus
I miss those guys

TurnBYTurn.................. Wizkid too would soon be relegated, once new kids start hitting the block..............

(1) (Reply)

Davido & His Dmw Gang Battle With Cookin Indomie As Girlfriend Twerks (pics,vid) / Feyisara Causes Commotion By Posting Her Bum On Her Instagram Page / I Have Visited Heaven 15 Times, I Met Michael Jackson & Gadhafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.