Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Becoming A Desirable Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Becoming A Desirable Wife (1206 Views)

7 Signs Of A Desirable Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Desirable Wife by VirtueDigest: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
Do you desire to be that superb wife your husband constantly finds irresistible and refuses to “look elsewhere”? Here are some useful points to help you achieve that.

Nagging never works

There is a difference between asking and nagging. It is nagging when you constantly complain about something, this makes men bored and withdrawn. Once you have complained to your husband about something once or twice, you should not make it a habit of reminding him and rubbing it in. For example, maybe he has a particular habit that is not so comely, you could have a tete-a-tete with him on the matter, after which you leave him to adjust. Even if he does not, you should pray for him, because nagging him about it would not necessarily change him, rather, prayer works wonders. Remember, your husband is an authority and a covering over you, you should not reprimand him the way you do your child. In addition, respect his way of doing things. Indeed, for any relationship to thrive, you need to let go and not expect things to be always done to your standards.

Find Your Balance

You and your husband have peculiar areas of strength. Capitalise on his areas of strength and complement him. For example, you could be better at saving and financial management, encourage him in that area. Let your strengths make up for his weaknesses and let his strengths make up for your weaknesses as well; this is what makes marriage beautiful and makes you a stronger team. If you are better at cooking, then take the initiative. Once you’re able to identify your strengths, as a couple you’ll be able to find a balance.

Give him his dues

A man that is sexually satisfied is psychologically balanced, happier and has a higher productivity rate. Try out new styles, let there be variety in your sex life. Try different places; the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room. Even if you have people staying with you, you can take advantage of when they are not around. Give him early morning doses before he goes to work or his business, that way, you’ve made his day! A man that is sexually satisfied would less likely to cheat on his wife.

Communicate

Your husband is not a mind reader, neither are you. Do not keep emotions and issues bottled up within. If there is an issue, discuss it. If he offends you or you are unhappy about something, bring it to his attention. The solution is to communicate effectively without getting upset and frustrated.

Make Time for Him

Make your husband a priority in your life. It is easy to forget to tend your marriage when kids start coming and the demands of career, chores and family life increase. Create time for your husband, say, “I love you” to him constantly. Give him pleasant surprises like his favourite meal, plan a surprise date night or go to the movies; just be creative in making time for him.

Confide in him

Before making important decisions ask for your husband’s opinions and contributions. Carry him along before taking steps; include him in the decision making process. It could be major things like parenting issues, maybe choice of school for your children, or it could be domestic things like household purchase or groceries, involve him, carry him along. Defer to him, follow his choices and decisions on behalf of your family and home, allow him to take the lead. That is why he is the leader and head of the home; there cannot be two drivers in a vehicle, there would be a crash. Pray for him continually that God will give him wisdom to lead your home and make the right decisions for the family.

Keep up your glam

You remember how you used to look glamorous for him on your outings and dates; your beauty probably attracted you to him. You should not stop this after marriage. In fact, you should ask for his opinion on your choice of wears and wardrobe because your purpose is to attract him, look good for him and none other. After a few years of marriage, it’s easy to get comfortable and not try as hard as you once did. Obviously, you don’t have to get dressed up every day but once in a while it’s nice to take an extra five minutes to beautify yourself. Your husband will notice your efforts and it will help to reignite the flame. There is a popular saying that ko si arugbo ni Ghana, there is no old person in Ghana. In other words, you are not too old to make yourself attractive for your husband.

Don’t Step On His Pride

Does it help his ego if he is the one who does the dishes, bathes the children, or does some other chores? Perhaps he takes pride in doing laundry. Allow him to do them if doing the tasks makes him feel good; besides you don’t have to overburden yourself. If accomplishing a certain task helps him feel more “manly”, then allow him to do it.

Be a prayerful woman

This is one of the most useful advices I got just before and shortly after I got married. If you pray more, you will have less arguments and struggles. You should continually pray for your husband that God will give him wisdom to steer the course of the family in the right direction. God says that if anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask from Him who gives generously without finding fault. Ask God to give your husband wisdom. Even when he is about to make a wrong decision or move, and you have talked over it, yet he does not budge; pray about it, committing his heart to God in prayer. You would be surprised that he would change his mind faster than you think. It is also helpful that you have mentors that you both submit to. They could help to wade in if things become critical, God forbid.Do you desire to be that superb wife your husband constantly finds irresistible and refuses to “look elsewhere”? Here are some useful points to help you achieve that.

Nagging never works

There is a difference between asking and nagging. It is nagging when you constantly complain about something, this makes men bored and withdrawn. Once you have complained to your husband about something once or twice, you should not make it a habit of reminding him and rubbing it in. For example, maybe he has a particular habit that is not so comely, you could have a tete-a-tete with him on the matter, after which you leave him to adjust. Even if he does not, you should pray for him, because nagging him about it would not necessarily change him, rather, prayer works wonders. Remember, your husband is an authority and a covering over you, you should not reprimand him the way you do your child. In addition, respect his way of doing things. Indeed, for any relationship to thrive, you need to let go and not expect things to be always done to your standards.

Find Your Balance

You and your husband have peculiar areas of strength. Capitalise on his areas of strength and complement him. For example, you could be better at saving and financial management, encourage him in that area. Let your strengths make up for his weaknesses and let his strengths make up for your weaknesses as well; this is what makes marriage beautiful and makes you a stronger team. If you are better at cooking, then take the initiative. Once you’re able to identify your strengths, as a couple you’ll be able to find a balance.

Give him his dues

A man that is sexually satisfied is psychologically balanced, happier and has a higher productivity rate. Try out new styles, let there be variety in your sex life. Try different places; the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room. Even if you have people staying with you, you can take advantage of when they are not around. Give him early morning doses before he goes to work or his business, that way, you’ve made his day! A man that is sexually satisfied would less likely to cheat on his wife.

Communicate

Your husband is not a mind reader, neither are you. Do not keep emotions and issues bottled up within. If there is an issue, discuss it. If he offends you or you are unhappy about something, bring it to his attention. The solution is to communicate effectively without getting upset and frustrated.

Make Time for Him

Make your husband a priority in your life. It is easy to forget to tend your marriage when kids start coming and the demands of career, chores and family life increase. Create time for your husband, say, “I love you” to him constantly. Give him pleasant surprises like his favourite meal, plan a surprise date night or go to the movies; just be creative in making time for him.

Confide in him

Before making important decisions ask for your husband’s opinions and contributions. Carry him along before taking steps; include him in the decision making process. It could be major things like parenting issues, maybe choice of school for your children, or it could be domestic things like household purchase or groceries, involve him, carry him along. Defer to him, follow his choices and decisions on behalf of your family and home, allow him to take the lead. That is why he is the leader and head of the home; there cannot be two drivers in a vehicle, there would be a crash. Pray for him continually that God will give him wisdom to lead your home and make the right decisions for the family.

Keep up your glam

You remember how you used to look glamorous for him on your outings and dates; your beauty probably attracted you to him. You should not stop this after marriage. In fact, you should ask for his opinion on your choice of wears and wardrobe because your purpose is to attract him, look good for him and none other. After a few years of marriage, it’s easy to get comfortable and not try as hard as you once did. Obviously, you don’t have to get dressed up every day but once in a while it’s nice to take an extra five minutes to beautify yourself. Your husband will notice your efforts and it will help to reignite the flame. There is a popular saying that ko si arugbo ni Ghana, there is no old person in Ghana. In other words, you are not too old to make yourself attractive for your husband.

Don’t Step On His Pride

Does it help his ego if he is the one who does the dishes, bathes the children, or does some other chores? Perhaps he takes pride in doing laundry. Allow him to do them if doing the tasks makes him feel good; besides you don’t have to overburden yourself. If accomplishing a certain task helps him feel more “manly”, then allow him to do it.

Be a prayerful woman

This is one of the most useful advices I got just before and shortly after I got married. If you pray more, you will have less arguments and struggles. You should continually pray for your husband that God will give him wisdom to steer the course of the family in the right direction. God says that if anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask from Him who gives generously without finding fault. Ask God to give your husband wisdom. Even when he is about to make a wrong decision or move, and you have talked over it, yet he does not budge; pray about it, committing his heart to God in prayer. You would be surprised that he would change his mind faster than you think. It is also helpful that you have mentors that you both submit to. They could help to wade in if things become critical, God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by fumisko(f): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
And he should do what in return
It's always women sacrificing what they want, how the want things to be done to please a man
So unfair
We came out from the same sperm
I have feelings am suppressing too to please him
While he sits as the boss

3 Likes

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Chai! All this ehn!

A woman can be your friend, your enemy, your worst nightmare, your source of Joy and sadness , your best friend and the woman who makes life interesting for you

It all boils down to HOW YOU TREAT HER wink.
Treat us right and trust me, you will get what you want in return.

3 Likes

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by kindworld(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
fumisko:
It's always women sacrificing what they want, how the want things to be done to please a man
So unfair

Why don't you create a counter thread? Maybe you don't know that most times marriages fail or prosper because the woman didn't or did her bits.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by SirVintageCock: 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
embarassedReally
kindworld:

Why don't you create a counter thread? Maybe you don't know that most times marriages fail or prosper because the woman didn't or did her bits.
Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by DollyParton1(f): 12:41am On Sep 27, 2016
kindworld:

Someone give this person a medal....
This is a groundbreaking discovery.
It is always the woman. Of course the man hardly does any wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by kindworld(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2016
DollyParton1:

Reread my post, I didn't exonerate the man. Whenever a marriage fails check very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2016
DollyParton1:

medal ko, gold ni grin

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by ElsonMorali: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
fumisko:
So unfair

Lol. You sound like a feminist or a feminazi.

Have you ever wondered why the Bible presented and made very prominent the image of a virtuous woman and not a virtuous man?

2 Likes

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by ElsonMorali: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
A lot is expected of our girls these days to maintain a stable home and a perfect home to raise children in.

But with all these anomalies(apologies) walking around in micro-mini see through gowns on our streets, faces painted like everyday is halloween, chasing after money and the"snake in our trousers"like their lives depended on them, I can only pity those of us yet to get married.

If only one can find a woman with just half the qualities raised by op, then a man will be rest assured that he has a partner who's got his back.

Watch as most of our ladies here will protest this image of a virtuous woman in favor of a hard-ass, trouble-seeking, man-hating profile.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by fumisko(f): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
All I keep asking is what should d man do in return?
Am not sayin I won't play my part
I just hate it when it's like we are the one to do all the work
Sacrifice our feelings and all
Am a human, I have got emotions too
I feel pain, I feel happiness etc
Speak to a man also to do Wat he is to do
A man cheats n a woman is still to talk to him calmly wen its biting her hard on d inside
But wen his trouser n rod can't stay in one place he can run around with any lady and the would still blame the woman for not remaining with him
I know this is how Africa is
Am not trying to change it
All am saying is that it's not fair
Simple

2 Likes

Re: Becoming A Desirable Wife by Jdazzle: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
And the man brings what to the table after the woman has gone the whole hundred? sad

Men, you guys should step up and man up, stop leaving the bulk of the onus to fall on the women folk alone! Both parties have a greater responsibility to make the relationship work...

Let's take it a woman decides to do the above posted by OP is she appreciated? No! Instead she's seen as weak and is got no choice but to treat a man as some demi god, while she is taken for granted and not even appreciated for her many efforts!!!

Please abeg ehen next time you make such a list @OP, do well to make a corresponding list for the men, it should be both ways and not one sided...

Some ladies spend their hearts out tryna be all that they should for a man, but he sees her as desperate, deranged and psychotic all cos she tries to make some chauvinist realize she is just the one for him! Enough of all this rules and regs/dos n don'ts! Women too know what they want in relationships not just you men so u can start by treating them right for better results...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uncommon PHOTO: See Top Parenting Mistakes Mom With Newborn Babies Make / I Made A Terrible Mistake With Her,now She Is Suicidal / He Broke My Heart But He Wants Me To Dump My Fiance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.