Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun (567 Views)

"Nigeria’s Recession Will Begin To End ‘Slowly’ But ‘Painfully’ In July 2017" / Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians / I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by cuteboy2: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has declared that she does not know when the economic recession in Nigeria will end.

Her statement is coming barely one week after the Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Godwin Emefiele stated that the country would come out of recession before December (2016).

Emefiele had said, “We are already in the valley, the only direction is to go up the hill and the government is doing everything possible to ensure that we move up the hill. I am optimistic that based on the actions being taken by the monetary and fiscal authorities, the fourth quarter results will show evidence that we have started to move out of recession".

Apart from the obvious contradictions in the pronouncements of these 2 key government officials, why is that Finance Minister Kemi Adesoun is never sure of anything?

She finds it difficult to clearly articulate government economic policies apart from simply parroting whatever pronouncements Lai Mohammed makes. E.g., "we shall spend our way out of recession". This statement in itself was plagiarized from the speech made by the American President during the Great Depression in the 1930's.

She cannot add simple figures.

She cannot accurately explain how the N2.2 trillion debt incurred in just one year. She says, she "guesses it must have been spent on what government usually spends money on". What a great oxy-slowpoke answer!!! shocked shocked shocked

She never looks as if she is in-charge. Always looks lost.

Always seems to expect guidance or help from someone else

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
But why?

Re: I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by cuteboy2: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
Who inflicted this lady on us at the national scale? Why didn't they allow her to mature as Commissioner in Ogun State?

Just see how she put that ugly purple sweater on her head with the President looking totally embarrassed during signing of international agreement in Qatar. Is that how we tile gele in Nigeria?

Re: I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by Kc3000: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adeosun, we know you don't know chit.
Re: I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by selch(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
I think in ranking, after Lai Muhammad, she is next in line that need to respect themselves and resign,, please she never knows anything so why is she there
Re: I Don’t Know When Recession Will End - Finance Minister Adeosun by Mynd44: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2016

(1)

Buhari Lastest Appointment / #EDODECIDE2016. Adams Oshiomhole And INEC Planning To Rig At Collation Centres. / Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Presidential Aides’ Earnings .{unbelievable}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.