Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? (1102 Views)

How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / WhatsApp Ending Support For BlackBerry, Nokia Symbian S60, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Jonwesley(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello peeps, I need urgent help. Tell me any phone type particularly those Symbian types designed in the form of smart phones. I don't want it for internet or for such things that the latest phone types do. Kindly respond and show me pictures.
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by khalhokage(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
symbian is a smartphone OS. what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
Symbians are smartphones.
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by hyuga(m): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
Symbians are smartphones but if i get u, u mean like the touchscreen bar-form your android or iphone has abi.. U can get n8, x7,samsung omnia HD wink

1 Like

Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by ddjay: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2016
Sony Ericssons' satio and vivas are symbian phones
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2016
Nokia N8. The undisputed king of symbian phones.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
greenhulk:
Nokia N8. The undisputed king of symbian phones.
What a joke where will you put
Nokia N96
Nokia N900
Nokia 9500 communicator and my favorite but not last
Nokia N97
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
nurey:

Nokia N96
Nokia N900
Nokia N97

Relax ur nerves and pay attention to the topic. It says Symbian phone designed like a smartphone, not some chunky Symbian series 60 phone that u mentioned. Is Nokia n900 even a Symbian phone? That thing runs on Maemo which is a failed os.

Nokia n8 is still one of the best Symbian phones designed like a modern smartphone with a very good camera and amoled display. Nokia n96 and n97 run on the older Symbian series 60 while n8 runs on Symbian belle (upgraded from Symbian 3) which is very superior to Symbian series 60. Now who's the joker here?

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by nurey(m): 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Relax ur nerves and pay attention to the topic. It says Symbian phone designed like a smartphone, not some chunky Symbian series 60 phone that u mentioned. Is Nokia n900 even a Symbian phone? That thing runs on Maemo which is a failed os.

Nokia n8 is still one of the best Symbian phones designed like a modern smartphone with a very good camera and amoled display. Nokia n96 and n97 run on the older Symbian series 60 while n8 runs on Symbian belle (upgraded from Symbian 3) which is very superior to Symbian series 60. Now who's the joker here?

I was referring to calling n8 the king of symbian phones. Which I dispute. Besides n97 was designed like an android phone it's where the n8 was derived from
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Jonwesley(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
hyuga:
Symbians are smartphones but if i get u, u mean like the touchscreen bar-form your android or iphone has abi.. U can get n8, x7,samsung omnia HD wink

Sorry, I'm not too good about phones. And you seemed to understand me. Apart from n8, x7 and the Samsung omnia U mentioned, which are old phones, is there models of these that are designed with touchscreen features like iPhone and other android phones?
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Jonwesley(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
khalhokage:
symbian is a smartphone OS. what are you talking about?

So sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable about the make of phones. I'm talking about old phones that we used before these smart phones like Samsung galaxy, iPhones, and others. Take for instance Nokia n, c series, sony, old Samsung blue eye etc.

Now is there any of these old phones designed like a smart phones, to have touchscreen features but may not be internet enabled?
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Jonwesley(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
greenhulk:

You definitely understood me. Now is there models of the phones U itemized that have been remodel or restyled with touchscreen features and may not necessarily be internet compliant? Take a look at the new BlackBerry Q series. They are old blackberry with new features, can't the other old phones we used be made new as those?
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by hyuga(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Jonwesley:

Sorry, I'm not too good about phones. And you seemed to understand me. Apart from n8, x7 and the Samsung omnia U mentioned, which are old phones, is there models of these that are designed with touchscreen features like iPhone and other android phones?
Theuy are touch screens and thats the best symbian got to
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by hyuga(m): 7:01am On Sep 28, 2016
nurey:

Nokia N96
Nokia N900
Nokia N97
Lmao... N8 and 808 are the best ever symbians sir
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2016
hyuga:

Lmao... N8 and 808 are the best ever symbians sir

Yea. How can I forget the 808 pureview
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by hyuga(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Yea. How can I forget the 808 pureview
Was surprised to see greenhulk not mentioning that beast grin
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2016
hyuga:

Was surprised to see greenhulk not mentioning that beast grin

I actually had it in mind, but I didn't mention it because it is more of a camera with smartphone features than a phone with a camera. That's why I chose the n8 which is more of a smartphone.
Re: Is There A Symbian Phone Designed Like A Smart Phone? by hyuga(m): 8:58am On Sep 28, 2016
greenhulk:

I actually had it in mind, but I didn't mention it because it is more of a camera with smartphone features than a phone with a camera. That's why I chose the n8 which is more of a smartphone.
I miss my n8 cry still looking to buy 808 if i see am

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduce New Version 2.16.306 With New Bigger Emoji Styles / Infinix Zero 4 X555 With Real Specifications / Is Airtel 1GB Weekend Plan Stil Working?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.