Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Desperate Iphone 7 Owners Drill Holes On Their Devices To Create 3.5mm Jack - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Desperate Iphone 7 Owners Drill Holes On Their Devices To Create 3.5mm Jack (607 Views)

Vincent Jack Is Dead! (Ondo FRSC Boss) / US Fighter Jets Stage Mock Bombing Drill Over Korean Peninsula / US Fighter Jets Stage Mock Bombing Drill Over Korean Peninsula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Desperate Iphone 7 Owners Drill Holes On Their Devices To Create 3.5mm Jack by obidaddy: 6:26am On Sep 27, 2016
This is exactly what happens when people mistake a prank for a real DIY guide. A lot of iPhone 7 of owners are now drilling holes to create the non-existent 3.5mm audio jack on the newly released iPhone 7.

The iPhone 7 made headlines due to the removal of the headphone jack in favor of wireless AirPods a lot of people are not really willing to buy. Apple believes the future of audio is wireless but quite a number of customers do not share this dream with the company. Ever since the device was released, this has been received with mixed reactions. While some think it’s a step in the right direction, others are of the opinion that Apple is out of ideas.

TechRax posted a video on YouTube explaining how easy it is to get the missing 3.5mm audio jack on the iPhone 7. The video shows an iPhone 7 held down with a clamp and drilled with what looks like a 3.5mm drill. The video description reads, “This video is for those who don’t want to get $159 wireless airpods or have to insert your headphones into an adapter every time you listen to music.” Watch the video below:

TechRax is known to publish serious tech related stuffs and it’s unfortunate that a lot of people have already damaged their new iPhones try to replicate this. An angry user said:

WTF F*ck you! my screen turned black the moment I started drilling and now I can’t even open it.

Another person who tried this commented:

A friend of mine told me it worked for him, but my iPhone won’t turn on after I drilled the hole for the jack.

While some are busy trying to follow this guide, others completely get the joke. Alli wrote,

I drilled 4 holes, all are working fine, now I can use 4 headphones. Thanks.
The video has got almost 10 million views.

https://geek.ng/2016/09/desperate-owners-drill-holes-iphone-create-3-5mm-jack.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+doncaprio+%28Geek+NG+RSS+Feed%29
Re: Desperate Iphone 7 Owners Drill Holes On Their Devices To Create 3.5mm Jack by klassykute(m): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2016
i drilled on mine too o. its way brtter .lol

(1) (Reply)

See The Snake We Killed Today / Is Our Sport Minister Well? (see What He Said) / 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.