Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,394 members, 7,850,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful (600 Views)

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / Is Being Successful Truly By Working Hard Or A Destiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
We all know success takes hardwork and perseverance.But there are some factors that keeps us from succeeding in whatever we plan to achieve.
Here are nine of the biggest obstacles people put in thier own path-the things you need to clear out first if you find them in your way.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
1-Envy
Sometimes described as the art of counting another persons blessings instead of your own.Envy destroys success.The more you can focus on what you have rather than what you dont have,the happier and more successful you can become.Envy is an illusion,someone else's good fortune takes nothing away from you.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
2-Perfectionism
Self abuse of the highest order,perfectionism is not a quest for for the best but allowing yourself to be governed by the harshest voice in your head-the one that tells you you'll never be good enough.Perfectionism doesnt just hamper success but can also lead to anxiety.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
3-Comparison
Successful people dont compare themselves to others.They know its a waste of time and energy because as you may already have noticed no one else is like you.Compare yourself only to where you are from and where you aspire to be.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
4-Blaming
Our lives,our success,our achievements are what we make of ourselves.So blaming others when things do not go right just wrong.Spend your time and energy fixing the problem instesd of blaming others.Blame is just a lazy way of making sense of failures and mistakes.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
5-Self Doubt
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you go,just remember how far you have come-everything you have faced,all the battles you have won and all the fears you overcame.Dont allow self doubt to keep down,because nothing is more effective at keeping you anchored in one place and unable to move forward.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
6-Fear
If You are afraid of failing,you are most likely fearful to act.Fear is only the minds way of saying that theres something important for you to overcome.So dont allow it to stand in the way of your success.Risks and dangers are real but fear is a choice.Overcome it and you can move forward stronger,wiser and smarter.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
7-Distraction
Distraction is an ever present temptation waiting just few steps or clicks away but if you want to succeed,you must starve our distraction and feed your focus.Instead of momentary enjoyment.Dont let the noise of the world distract you from hearing the voice of your own success.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
8-Safety
Most people will say they dont regret the things they have done but the thing they didnt do when they had the chance."Oops"comes and goes but "if only....."does lasting damage.Life is too short to wake up in the morning regretting.If you want to succeed,take chances and be bold.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
9-Procrastination
Handsdown procrastination is our favorite form of self sabotage.Every day you spend procrastinating is another day spent worrying about what you need to get done so that as the saying goes you end up putting off until the day after tomorrow,what should have been done the day before yesterday.Discipline yourself to banish procrastination and you will have taken a massive step towards success.
Feel free to add yours.
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
Didnt hit front page?
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by xolomonstrides(m): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
I wonder ooo ..maybe cos there is no snake,blood or perceived nudity
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
nairaland self,if i posted thst tiwa savage exposed cleavage now it would be in front page
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Mensma: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2016
Good work op. But why are you bothered about the front-page? I read people overtly expressing their joy on making front, please let me in on this-- are there any benefits? Just curious

PS More of self development topic pls
Re: 9 Things That Will Keep You From Being Successful by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 13, 2016
Mensma:
Good work op. But why are you bothered about the front-page? I read people overtly expressing their joy on making front, please let me in on this-- are there any benefits? Just curious

PS More of self development topic pls
Sometimes,its pleasing to see your post in front page because it gets more views,it pissed me off when non of my posts hit fp,for self devs you can find them by clicking https:///daily_mustreads or https:///superbnerd to contact me directly

(1) (Reply)

..... / Seven Year Old Nigerian Girl Win,i Phone 7 Gift At The Palms Mall. / (New Music) Ghost Girlfriend By Cupti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.