Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku (6091 Views)

More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud / Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Omooba77: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2016
According to a survey carried out by FKO Investments and Research Limited, 75 per cent of Nigerians are worried about the economy while 15 per cent are worried about terrorism and insecurity. Ten per cent of Nigerians are worried about crime.

The economic decline of the Nigerian state has affected the lives of the populace negatively. Prices of goods and services are rising daily while the income of the populace remains stagnant. Nigeria is an import-dependent country and the scarcity of foreign exchange will adversely affect the importation of commodities.

Nigeria can move from being an import-dependent country to an export-driven economy. This can be achieved through proper policy and planning. Before ban can be laid on the importation of products, there needs to be an alternative. That means production of that said commodity and in proper circulation which will serve as an alternative on the banned import products.

The need to develop the rural part of Nigeria is crucial in the development of the Nigerian economy. Industries should also be situated in rural communities and not urban centres such as Lagos, Abeokuta, Port Harcourt among others. The term NANO-ECONOMY comes to play when an industry is situated in a rural economy. For example, if an industry is situated in a village in Osun State, the food sellers, “pure water” sellers, recharge card vendors and so on, will invade that site and set up shops in order to sell their commodities. After the opening of the industry and they are ready for operations, those petty traders remain because a ready market has been established. Over time, guest houses will be built in that community so as to house employees of that industry thereby fostering the establishment of schools and health centres for the children of the employees. All this, over time develops that village, and there will be a movement of goods and services from that village to the rest of the world and the economy of that community uplifted forever thereby fostering development and curtailing rural-urban migration.

The fight against corruption is necessary because corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of our existence, corruption cases should be fought to a reasonable conclusion, giving room for speedy trials. This will send a signal to the international community that we Nigerians are serious about the fight against corruption.

Foreign investors follow trends of the happenings of various economies of the world which form their basis of investing in such economies. Foreign investors will invest in a stable, less corrupt economy.

Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku,

PhD, Lagos State

http://punchng.com/nigerians-worried-economy/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Omooba77: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2016
lalasticlala are you worried?
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by kehindetawede: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2016
We can only pray that things get better.
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Emasky4real(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2016
I smell front page.
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by emmyw(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
They will pretend as if they don't know!
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by columbus007(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
The cartoonist is funny grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by darocha1: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
All this economist and columnist trying to get popular over nigeria's economic situation.
Quit telling us what we know, give us alternative solutions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Felixtuta(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
We will survive no matter what they do or say!
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by logadims: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good will serverly punish all those people making this nation unbearable for the poor.
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by ItsawrapOutfit: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Over worry dey worry Nigerians oh cry
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
......FRONT PAGE...

END OF THE MONTH TRAFFIC ATTRACTION FOR REVENUE GENERATION
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Boyooosa(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
If I am Buhari, I will shut down gate to ALL imports except drugs and technology. I will then Haul the system as it concerns corruption. I know people will wail more but the legacy will continue for the next 20 years!
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by vikkeee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
Car in front of me had a bumper sticker on it that reads: "PRAY FOR BUHARI" psalm 109:8

When I got home I opened my Bible to the scripture, read it and started laughing.

Psalm 109:8-" Let his days be few and brief and let another take his office.

~ Nigerians are thoughtful

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by juman(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
APC was overrated.

If they fail to get it right nigeria would consider other options.

A slogan: vote out the recession in your life, vote out the clueless government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Vicadonis(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
APC is not even good for a community talk more a country. Its getting worse by the minute

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Omooba77: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
Vicadonis:
APC is not even good for a community talk more a country. Its getting worse by the minute

just read about payment of level in Imo state..God help is in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by jaymejate: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
It's getting worse even cry
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by daryoor03(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
The country needs more of leaders and not mediocre.

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by mccoy47(m): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol @ psalms 109.8
Chai!!! Nigerians sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Omooba77: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsawrapOutfit:
Over worry dey worry Nigerians oh cry

Na person wey don chop finish dey buy suit and coat.
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Adesege(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by refreshrate: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
My own is how they successfully roped Christians into all this now even they can't come out to pray out this sorry excuse of a government.

The biggest church in Nigeria supported when they asked them to donate a "commissioner" in order to gather plenty votes.
Today na they can't get up to pray against the nonsense.

Anyway Ojuyobo the slayer of PDP is getting hard in his rear end now.

How people who call themselves intelligent & sons of God will go and queue behind someone who can relate with cattle will forever remain a mystery to me.

I fear the walking dead.
Re: Nigerians Are Worried About Economy - Dr. Folawiyo Kareem Olajoku by Omooba77: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2016
vikkeee:
Car in front of me had a bumper sticker on it that reads: "PRAY FOR BUHARI" psalm 109:8

When I got home I opened my Bible to the scripture, read it and started laughing.

Psalm 109:8-" Let his days be few and brief and let another take his office.

~ Nigerians are thoughtful

I had to check to double sure.God please help us

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Who Owns The Biggest Plastic Factory In Nigeria / Breaking: Nigeria Stock Market Hits 9year High As Investors Gain N1.7tr In 8days / MTN Unlimited Calls And SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.