Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings (2561 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

The speed of the camera matches the vibrational speed of the ghost( a soul without a body). This is why cameras are banned from certain events. Certain 3Dimensional cameras and speakers can pick up sounds and fait pictures of "Ghosts". If you watch Ghoast Hunters programme on ITV4 orPick TV on SKy you will see how this works.

Even the so called "gods" can be caught on such camera if they strolled by
grin bro sometimes u day surprise me o Have u ever heard of Infrared Rays b4?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

You are right that strictly speaking atheism is about denying the existence of any deities but the other superstitious elements belong in the same category.

That which you cannot prove should be questioned and disbelieved.

So you mean whatever science cannot explain is superstition? One cannot expect a 3310 Nokia phone to do the work of an iPhone 7. The difference is huge.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

Those village people that you speak of are the same ones dying of cholera and maleria in the 21st century.

They are the same people who watch their children die of preventable illnesses in 2016.

The same people with high rates of maternal and infant death.

If you cannot understand that people lie and that gods, mermaids, ghosts and talking trees are lies until shown to be true.

When you are ill do you visit the doctor or do yo u go to see babalawo?

When people are allowed to wallow in ignorance they revert to superstitious nonsense.

There have always been Africans who have argued against religion, superstition and other forms of wilful ignorance. In the past they would have been killed for speaking out, thankfully that no longer happens in much of the continent. Only the most backwards places, such as northern Nigeria insist on persecuting (and killing) those who question the existence of mythical beings.

Talking about Malaria is far away from what I am talking about. As someone who is exposed,have you taken time to study and find out about African Voodoo. Not to worship but to re-examine the divination our ancestor made,how Charms and other stuff work and maybe they ain't real after all. Have you verified before concluding they are fake?

I will take time to visit Nigeria and Ile Ife next year. I want to see the ancient city of the Yoruba etc

Have you read the book called "The Matrix"?

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

Talking about Malaria is far away from what I am talking about. As someone who is exposed,have you taken time to study and find out about African Voodoo. Not to worship but to re-examine the divination our ancestor made,how Charms and other stuff work and maybe they ain't real after all. Have you verified before concluding they are fake?

I will take time to visit Nigeria and Ile Ife next year. I want to see the ancient city of the Yoruba etc

Have you read the book called "The Matrix"?

Which African Voodoo works and how?

Which charms work?

The places with the lowest life expectancy rates are also the places with the highest rates of superstitious/religious beliefs.

Have you asked yourself why superstitions thrive so well in remote villages but die in cities and towns where people have access to hospitals, clinics, doctors and information?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

Which African Voodoo works and how?

Which charms work?

The places with the lowest life expectancy rates are also the places with the highest rates of superstitious/religious beliefs.

Have you asked yourself why superstitions thrive so well in remote villages but die in cities and towns where people have access to hospitals, clinics, doctors and information?

I don't think you understand what I'm talking. I'm talking about science being unable to explain mermaids and Jins not about village people inability to cure malaria.

I think we should let this discussion slide.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:

grin bro sometimes u day surprise me o Have u ever heard of Infrared Rays b4?

I'm not sure about Infrared rays,but I do watch some related programs sometimes.

But question for you....Why can't mermaids exist?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

I don't think you understand what I'm talking. I'm talking about science being unable to explain mermaids and Jins not about village people inability to cure malaria.

I think we should let this discussion slide.

Have you ever seen a mermaid?

Why have no rational people seen them?

How is that we can find dinosaur remains but not those belonging to mermaids?

Why would anyone waste time explain jinn when they don't exist? Have you ever encountered one?

Again I ask you, why is it that it is only in places with high mortality rates and generally poor standards of living where such things are 'found'?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

Have you ever seen a mermaid?

Did you read my first comment on this topic?

Why have no rational people seen them?
Who exactly is a rational person?
How is that we can find dinosaur remains but not those belonging to mermaids?

Who are the "we"

Why would anyone waste time explain jinn when they don't exist? Have you ever encountered one?

The OP simply asked a question you do not know the answer. There is nothing wrong in saying you do not know.

Again I ask you, why is it that it is only in places with high mortality rates and generally poor standards of living where such things are 'found'?
Isn't there high mortality rate in Nigeria as a whole, not only the villages. Besides the people in the villages are more immune to certain diseases. I think we should be carful to say the people in the city are better than those in the rural area because of a university degree.

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

Who are the "we"

The OP simply asked a question you do not know the answer. There is nothing wrong in saying you do not know.

Isn't there high mortality rate in Nigeria as a whole, not only the villages. Besides the people in the villages are more immune to certain diseases. I think we should be carful to say the people in the city are better than those in the rural area because of a university degree.

A rational person is one who asks appropriate questions and doesn't buy into foolish superstitions.

'We' are the rational human beings amongst us - we find animal remains, human remains, dinosaur remains but never mermaid remains - why is that? We have that which can be supported by evidence.

Nowhere did I mention university. I simply asked why certain beliefs are more prevalent in more remote areas - that question isn't even particular to Nigeria. In America most of the nutcases who claim to see UFOs, ghosts and other nonsense live out in the boondocks.

Cholera is worse in the more rural north than it is in the south - http://www.informationng.com/2013/11/cholera-outbreak-in-nigeria.html.

The same is true of infant mortality.

Which diseases are people in villages more immune to?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

I'm not sure about Infrared rays,but I do watch some related programs sometimes.

If u wanna see one take ur remote and place the front of it to ur phone camera and use ur camera app... They are thousand of lights that the human eyes can't see right now so many waves with beautiful color are flying past u

But question for you....Why can't mermaids exist?
In a biological context or a spiritual one?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

'We' are the rational human beings amongst us - we find animal remains, human remains, dinosaur remains but never mermaid remains - why is that? We have that which can be supported by evidence.
Maybe because science doesn't know much about the aqua world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Oceanography doesn't exist?

Marine biology isn't a science?

Human beings have discovered human remains at the bottom of the see bed. Likewise ship wrecks, gold, silver, weapons and other artifacts.

Your comments are loaded with ignorance.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

Oceanography doesn't exist?

Marine biology isn't a science?

Human beings have discovered human remains at the bottom of the see bed. Likewise ship wrecks, gold, silver, weapons and other artifacts.

Your comments are loaded with ignorance.

U think am joking? I say science doesn't know much about the Aqua word and pls don't insult me if u ain't sure about what u saying the internet is there for u to ask
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U think am joking? I say science doesn't know much about the Aqua word and pls don't insult me if u ain't sure about what u saying the internet is there for u to ask

I think that you're very confused and not particularly well read.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

I think that you're very confused and not particularly well read.

I said the internet is their for u to ask and i don't say this much but if u are wrong then u are a Fool
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:

If u wanna see one take ur remote and place the front of it to ur phone camera and use ur camera app... They are thousand of lights that the human eyes can't see right now so many waves with beautiful color are flying past u

In a biological context or a spiritual one?

Anyone you prefer

And yes you are right. But I think the mystery of spirits/ghost can be solve by cameras,even gods and more colors will be discovered that are alien to us now.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:

That's part of it. Humans( not science) know only 5% of the aqua world. That's exactly what I meant by primitive probably knowing more than today's humans who think they know everything.

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

Anyone you prefer

in a biological context i don't think it exist and even if it does why don't we know anything about it?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:
in a biological context i don't think it exist and even if it does why don't we know anything about it?

In biological context you mean mermaid cannot exist.....why is that,please explain.

And because "we" haven't heard about it? Who are the"we" please? I just need you to clarify this...I will explain why I asked.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

In biological context you mean mermaid cannot exist.....why is that,please explain.

Because a goat can't have a lions head! If it could happen with fish & humans we should be able to find it in other animals that's how science works in that aspect

And because "we" haven't heard about it? Who are the"we" please? I just need you to clarify this...I will explain why I asked.
We don't have any evidence that they do exist if u have one bring it out let's see
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by winner01(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
ifenes:

Who are the "we"

Lol... grin

With all these things you're saying Seun, cloudgoddess, frank317, dalaman, johnydon22, weah96 and co. will evict you from their camp oo grin

Sometimes you see somethings you need not say cos no one would believe.

Plus where in Ijebu are you from.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
winner01:
Lol... grin

With all these things you're saying Seun, cloudgoddess, frank317, dalaman, johnydon22, weah96 and co. will evict you from their camp oo grin

Sometimes you see somethings you need not say cos no one would believe.

Plus where in Ijebu are you from.

I'm not in anyone's camp.

Besides we are talking about stuff many indigenous people of the planet have claimed to see. We cannot put it under the carpet because some organization we call "scientists" haven't found it. How do we really know there are only 9 planet out there? It is safe to say that is what their limited knowledge knows. Lets not forget science of today is from the West.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Because a goat can't have a lions head! If it could happen with fish & humans we should be able to find it in other animals that's how science works in that aspect

We don't have any evidence that they do exist if u have one bring it out let's see

You use the word "WE" who are the "We"?

If an atmosphere is favorable for a mermaid to exist it/they will exist. If the conditions for a human to fly are favorable,humans will fly

You can say humans "the western world" do not know yet,not because it cannot exist.

And also,when you say science,which science? Is it your own personal research or an organization who's research you trust?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by winner01(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
ifenes:

I'm not in anyone's camp.

Besides we are talking about stuff many indigenous people of the planet have claimed to see. We cannot put it under the carpet because some organization we call "scientists" haven't found it. How do we really know there are only 9 planet out there? It is safe to say that is what their limited knowledge knows. Lets not forget science of today is from the West.
Where in Ijebu are you from?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
ifenes:

You use the word "WE" who are the "We"?

If an atmosphere is favorable for a mermaid to exist it/they will exist. If the conditions for a human to fly are favorable,humans will fly

Scientifically this are impossible since we still haven't had a condition where humans fly or mermaid existing i won't buy into it

You can say humans "the western world" do not know yet,not because it cannot exist.

And also,when you say science,which science? Is it your own personal research or an organization who's research you trust?

If u have evidence from ur own personal research pls show us the scientific community would like to learn about it!
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Jackossky(m): 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
I believe in the existence of demons,gods , talisman and I believe In God.....
if you don't,that is your own cup of tea....If you don't believe what people of ancient said about creation but believe the rubbish some scientist of the 19th century said....then ..I don't know who is more deprave between me and you....

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Scientifically this are impossible since we still haven't had a condition where humans fly or mermaid existing i won't buy into it

If the atmospheric condition is dense enough man will fly. But you certainly do not know if mermaids exist or not. I'm not asking you to buy into the idea. I simply told the OP there are mermaids because I have seen one. You don't have to believe but that is my reply to the OP. Science is still a baby when it comes to the knowledge of the Universe.

If u have evidence from ur own personal research pls show us the scientific community would like to learn about it!

You are not part of the scientific community.Otherwise I will ask you about your organization's name and how and where you made your research. But so far,you probably haven't provided the evidence that you have been into the sea to find if there are Yemejas(marmaids) or not.

It is fair to say you trust scientific reports,but you ain't sure if certain creatures exist or not.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
ifenes:

You are not part of the scientific community.Otherwise I will ask you about your organization's name and how and where you made your research. But so far,you probably haven't provided the evidence that you have been into the sea to find if there are Yemejas(marmaids) or not.

It is fair to say you trust scientific reports,but you ain't sure if certain creatures exist or not.

I never claimed to be part of any scientific community or did i? Yes u that have seen one pls can u provide evidence for it?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I never claimed to be part of any scientific community or did i? Yes u that have seen one pls can u provide evidence for it?

Since you are not a part of any scientific organisation, you cannot speak for them, neither can anyone who who hasn't seen a marmaid before. How does a person provide evidence of a gorgeous creature he saw at the age of 14? Do you think you have seen 10% of creatures on this planet

You are right to ask for evidence tho. That's how it should be. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
ifenes:

Since you are not a part of any scientific organisation, you cannot speak for them, neither can anyone who who hasn't seen a marmaid before. How does a person provide evidence of a gorgeous creature he saw at the age of 14? Do you think you have seen 10% of creatures on this planet

You are right to ask for evidence tho. That's how it should be. All the best!
Lol u said something about "they where initiating it" pls can this process be repeated? if they where marmaid on earth we would know about it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will A Donald Trump Loss Lead To The Rise Of The Kingdom Of Antichrist? / Many Adult Educated Atheists will find this simple task Impossible! / The Real Meaning Of Easter Or Eostre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.