Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings (2523 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2016
Plus, it seems I developed a special hatred and mockery for atheists, so am gonna put forward to u guys another question.. grin grin

DO ATHEIST BELIEVE IN JINNS AND OTHER SUPERNATURAL BEINGS

Cc lalasticalala, seun
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Seun(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
The answer is no. Most atheists don't believe in anything that is not supported by good evidence, including Jinns, ghosts, mermaids, & witches.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
This is a tricky question. I will be honest....I have seen a Mar-maid in year 1996 during my late grand-dad initiation. Yes I saw it in Ijebu,Nigeria during his initiation. I was very young and was there when they put a cow in the river and I knew exactly what I saw. I still have memories till this day.

We are Africans for crying out loud. I have pondered on this thing for a long time,it is part of what turned me into researching the so-called Ancient gods and what they really were. I have my views about what they really are but may not share due to huge ignorance of these creatures to most readers these days.

As for Jins,that's another big topic. I doubt this is the right forum to share whatever I know due to many mixed beliefs. But not know anything about them won't hurt anyone. Modern science only have 10% knowledge of what have happened(is happening) on this planet.

I have seen a Witch and this is just not the place to say these things

Being an Atheist is not the pinnacle of civilization,it is only the first step into other realities

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by LeJeun3: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Seun:
The answer is no. Most atheists don't believe in anything that is not supported by good evidence, including Jinns, ghosts, mermaids, & witches.

So you just float around without believing in anything or anybody..... You wake yourself and put yourself to sleep.

Even robots have creators..............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
ifenes:
This is a tricky question. I will be honest....I have seen a Mar-maid in year 1996 during my late grand-dad initiation. Yes I saw it in Ijebu,Nigeria during his initiation. I was very young and was there when they put a cow in the river and I knew exactly what I saw. I still have memories till this day.
Pls describe what you saw precisely. How do you know that what you saw was a 'real' mermaid and not someone pretending to be a mermaid?

We are Africans for crying out loud.
Indeed! We are proudly and unapologetically superstitious, irrational, and under-educated.

I have seen a Witch and this is just not the place to say these things
Please describe exactly what you saw, when, and where. How did you know that the entity you saw was a 'real' witch and not a hallucination?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Rilwayne001: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
ifenes:
s

Why is it that one is not allowed to use a camera objects in other to capture the image of the mermaid —at such events? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by CAPSLOCKED: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
LeJeun3:

So you just float around without believing in anything or anybody..... You wake yourself and put yourself to sleep.

Even robots have creators..............

THE ILLITERATES OF THIS AGE ARE NOT THE ONES WHO CANNOT READ NOR WRITE OR LEARN.

BUT THE ONES WHO CANNOT UNLEARN ALL THE FALSE THINGS THEY'VE BEEN TAUGHT AS TRUE.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by onetrack(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
olaade714:
Plus, it seems I developed a special hatred and mockery for atheists, so am gonna put forward to u guys another question.. grin grin

DO ATHEIST BELIEVE IN JINNS AND OTHER SUPERNATURAL BEINGS

No, at least until they can be shown to exist using empirical, replicable, scientifically valid data or evidence.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Why is it that one is not allowed to use a camera objects in other to capture the image of the mermaid —at such events? Why?

Apparently the electric gadgets disturb psychic reading and telepathic communication. This is what I was told by a psychic.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
Seun:

Pls describe what you saw precisely. How do you know that what you saw was a 'real' mermaid and not someone pretending to be a mermaid?

A strange creature that caused a huge ripple in that particular river. The location was Ijebu- Ikija with about 12 Ifa priests all on braided hair,imitating this lady with long fish tail. I do plan to go to this place in future. They had no reason to play trick. Why would they? It was my grand-dad's(who himself was one of them,wore white cloths)promotion to a higher rank. I have no clue why they took me there till today.Maybe I was meant to because he said I was the most curious person he has ever met. You are a Yoruba and I'm sure you are aware of secret knowledge with deeply initiated Yorubas. This has got nothing to do with Superstition. After all they even try to keep them secret.

Indeed! We are proudly and unapologetically superstitious, irrational, and under-educated.

I have seen my grand dad do divination with Cowries. He spoke to these stone and they shift into formations without him touching them. I think what we sometimes call superstition is Natural Science. We have left this knowledge in the hands of the illiterates. We may be against religion,but we must be careful not to sweep everything under the Carpet. I think religion has managed to distort real knowledge. For example,when you look at the Bible and Quran,study them well,you will find Natural Science hidden in pain sight.

Please describe exactly what you saw, when, and where. How did you know that the entity you saw was a 'real' witch and not a hallucination?

A thread was opened about a pastor who got struck by Ogun shrine...and I have across a story that claimed Leonardo Da Vinci,the same great painter,mathematician,sculpture etc passed through a port-hole(according to him) to another world where he learned and saw future war machine in the 16th century,which he designed and this designs are part of the sophisticated war machines we have today. Perhaps Nostradamus was also involved in the same thing.

Like I said Ancient stories are not told exactly the way they were. We have allowed religion to hijack them. If a person who is knowledgeable in Science read the bible,like the book of Revelation,he will discover they were vision(Time-travel)into the future about war machines,Sub-marines etc . A story like that of a certain Abimelech draws curiosity. He claimed he slept for 66 years,woke up to find out his village was destroyed 66 years back.

Often time when people are accused of hallucination,it is actually a temporary shift to another dimension/density. Maybe science is taking man backward to dependence on machines rather than forward to natural abilities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by LeJeun3: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THE ILLITERATES OF THIS AGE ARE NOT THE ONES WHO CANNOT READ NOR WRITE OR LEARN.

BUT THE ONES WHO CANNOT UNLEARN ALL THE FALSE THINGS THEY'VE BEEN TAUGHT AS TRUE.

Unlearn as much as you like!

The bitter truth is a stream has a source......

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Jackossky(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
Seun:

Pls describe what you saw precisely. How do you know that what you saw was a *'real'* mermaid and not someone pretending to be a mermaid?

I accede with you on that

candidly speaking,you asked
if he was sure if it is a real mermaid or not,but the question is that,how do we get the idea of it being *real* or * fake*
so how do you get the perception of it as fake?You got the idea because there is definitely a real one ,that was why fake exist.....
Hope you are getting what am insinuating?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Seun(m): 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jackossky:
I accede with you on that candidly speaking,you asked if he was sure if it is a real mermaid or not,but the question is that,how do we get the idea of it being *real* or * fake* so how do you get the perception of it as fake?You got the idea because there is definitely a real one ,that was why fake exist.....Hope you are getting what am insinuating?
That's a flawed but common argument. I thought putting the word "real" in quotes would spare me from having to debunk it again:
Seun:
By your logic, since the Superman in Hollywood movies is fake, there must be a real Superman somewhere in the real world. This is not so.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Jackossky(m): 2:47am On Sep 28, 2016
Seun:

That's a flawed but common argument. I thought putting the word "real" in quotes would spare me from having to debunk it again:

Okay,the lurgy about Superman is...there are beings with supernatural powers...........
Someone can't just come to you and tell you that
Hey man! I can fly....
I believe you will abstain from that person,and having different thought about him.....
So therefore,it is hard to see the real thing and make him or her a cast in a TV series.....it is next to impossible

me having seen a ghost,can decide to write about ghosts,and say it is fictional because people won't believe me if I say it is real....

What they are just trying to explain in those comical TV shows were,there are beings with supernatural powers
Some are good while some are bad..........
Hope you are flowing in the same current with me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by jmichlins(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2016
Personally I don't believe ghost or whatever but I believe that for earth to be at the right place in the right time and moon strategicaly positioned to allow water and other stuff to be stable. With all the asteroids having a near miss from earth and the after effect of nucleas star not affecting us my man, I choose to believe it that someone out there made it possible and so I call that person my God. For nairaland bot to ban me and turn every threesone into party, it has a creator and that's Suen and it didn't happen out of sheer act of luck but intelligence and takes an intelligent person to do such. Make una continue una arguement

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by dblackninja: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2016
Chai Ifenes, you're really operating in another level shocked grin
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by dblackninja: 10:21am On Sep 28, 2016
olaade714 there's nothing like jinns, spiritual beings, ghosts, witches with supernatural powers or whatever.
If they begin to appear tomorrow then good for them. The things that make them still exit now are people's claims nothing else.
Wisen up bro & stop harbouring hatred towards atheists for being rational. No baady gives a hoot cool
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 28, 2016
People should just take a look at the entire creation, a day, just sit down, start thinking about what is in the universe.. ..the sands, water, moon, sun, planets, galaxy, stars, setting and rising of the sun, rivers, seas, ocean, how the planets orbit, the structure of those elements, rain, cloud, human beings, animals, insect, human races, males and females, animals and their different types, their habitats, insects and their different types, the human soul, human structures, the nose,hand,eyes,,penis,vagina,head, brain, skull, bones ,muscles, arteries, veins, and all their functions with them working with cohesion, without one disturbing or inhibiting another, the animals and their different types and strnght and functions, the foods we eat, the plants, their types and functions, insects and their types and functions too.... Nature beauty and cohesion, the grasses, the earth well said like a mat, the sky hanging with hold, the sleeps and dreams, how our souls wander during sleep, our thing faculty, sense faculty, seeing faculty, and the likes, and so so so many, that I cant mention, science is supposed to make us appreciate the Creator and designer of all these things.. The quran explains these things in details and yet Orientalist keep distorting and forming and belieing the meaning of the quran and hadith.. Hmm
#then u guys use the concept of big bang theory to explain all these things, a theory that's self contradictory, read my earlier long postsposts to see angry angry
#them some one would now start saying, THERE IS NO GOD.. undecided undecided.. To me, that's ignorance and stupidity of the highest order mheen.. Pls u people, before delving into religion, sit down. Thing about the designation of the creation.. angry sad angryhmm... Pls have sense
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 10:39am On Sep 28, 2016
Superstitious nonsense belong in the same category.

If you are a rational atheist then it does not make sense to subscribe to theories such as ghosts, spirits or jinns.

Atheism is about not believing in nonsense for which there is no proof - be it deities, wizards, witches or other forces that provide comfort to the emotionally disturbed.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2016
dblackninja:
olaade714 there's nothing like jinns, spiritual beings, ghosts, witches with supernatural powers or whatever.
If they begin to appear tomorrow then good for them. The things that make them still exit now are people's claims nothing else.
Wisen up bro & stop harbouring hatred towards atheists for being rational. No baady gives a hoot cool

Have personally witnessed a person being exorcised from a jinn with quran .. And I heard the jinn talking...
#may be, if u witness one you will believe.. angry angry
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

We are Africans for crying out loud.

What does that mean?

Why is this phrase always used to justify childish behavior and beliefs?

Are you saying that you cannot think rationally because you are African?

Because there are many Africans who are capable of using their brain to come to logical conclusions. Please do you not use you being 'African' as an excuse for being foolish. That is your burden, carry it on your own.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:

What does that mean?

Why is this phrase always used to justify childish behavior and beliefs?

Are you saying that you cannot think rationally because you are African?

Because there are many Africans who are capable of using their brain to come to logical conclusions. Please do you not use you being 'African' as an excuse for being foolish. That is your burden, carry it on your own.

Are we fighting ?

Africans are closer to nature than any other race on the planet,and if the educated( I mean so called intrlligent) ones take time to study the their ancestry "witchcraft" they will realise they are missing out on Natural Science.

The science you learn in school is Material science and less on mental science. I don't want to go too deep because you probably won't understand me. We have let religion hijack these stuff that should be natural to us.

Our ancestors may not be enlightened but they had knowledge our society lack. An African debating weather Marmaids are real or not is a shame. This is how far we have lost our identities

Christoper Columbus himself wrote about seeingmermaids but critics did what they do best by sweeping it under the carpet as usual. No wonder we see the Pyramid of Giza and wonder how the ancient built them. They weren't as daft as today's science label them.

Are mermaid real? The village people in rural communities in Africa will probably be the best to answer that, not people of science who haven't seen it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2016
mmsen:
Superstitious nonsense belong in the same category.

If you are a rational atheist then it does not make sense to subscribe to theories such as ghosts, spirits or jinns.

Atheism is about not believing in nonsense for which there is no proof - be it deities, wizards, witches or other forces that provide comfort to the emotionally disturbed.

Atheism is only a disbelief in a supreme creator, apart from that people hold different opinions due to levels of knowledge. The god ideology once conquered opens up questions and boundaries of thinking. The disbelief in god is probably the only thing most " atheists" have in common.

Life is not based on Material( physical) only, so you are wrong by concluding there aren't wizards etc. But what is Wizardry? That should be the question! Not concluding there isn't, cos that's ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by dblackninja: 11:08am On Sep 28, 2016
olaade714:

Have personally witnessed a person being exorcised from a jinn with quran .. And I heard the jinn talking...
#may be, if u witness one you will believe.. angry angry
Wow what was the voice like? "Bleh bleh bleh"? cheesy
& what did it say?? > "Person no fit follow una play again"? grin

The "jinn" you heard is the person talking bro, there's nothing behind or in him talking. The person might have suffered some mental depravation and better health care could have done him real good.

Btw why is it that in Islam, demons & jinns answer to the quran?
-Among hindu worshippers, they (demons & the likes) obey the commands of various items used in worship and
-Among the Christians, they answer to the bible, crying that the fire burning them is worse than the one burning where they come from?? shocked
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by promise10: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Even if it is captured with camera, you atheists will STILL have some "what if" questions to ask, just to make you look brilliant to yourself.

Example: what if it is PHOTOSHOPED?
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2016
dblackninja:

Wow what was the voice like? "Bleh bleh bleh"? cheesy
& what did it say?? > "Person no fit follow una play again"? grin

The "jinn" you heard is the person talking bro, there's nothing behind or in him talking. The person might have suffered some mental depravation and better health care could have done him real good.

Btw why is it that in Islam, demons & jinns answer to the quran?
-Among hindu worshippers, they (demons & the likes) obey the commands of various items used in worship and
-Among the Christians, they answer to the bible, crying that the fire burning them is worse than the one burning where they come from?? shocked

I wouldn't blame u too much, u know, coz, the problem of many religions, if only u guys really understand islam, u may not be soo daft.... Islam is not a religion of decept, u know.. But sha... it seems the problem of Christianity, Hinduism, Jews deception is clouding ur thought... We'll, I rest my case...
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by ifenes(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2016
promise10:

Even if it is captured with camera, you atheists will STILL have some "what if" questions to ask, just to make you look brilliant to yourself.

The speed of the camera matches the vibrational speed of the ghost( a soul without a body). This is why cameras are banned from certain events. Certain 3Dimensional cameras and speakers can pick up sounds and fait pictures of "Ghosts". If you watch Ghoast Hunters programme on ITV4 orPick TV on SKy you will see how this works.

Even the so called "gods" can be caught on such camera if they strolled by

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 11:47am On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

Are we fighting ?

Africans are closer to nature than any other race on the planet,and if the educated( I mean so called intrlligent) ones take time to study the their ancestry "witchcraft" they will realise they are missing out on Natural Science.

The science you learn in school is Material science and less on mental science. I don't want to go too deep because you probably won't understand me. We have let religion hijack these stuff that should be natural to us.

Our ancestors may not be enlightened but they had knowledge our society lack. An African debating weather Marmaids are real or not is a shame. This is how far we have lost our identities

Christoper Columbus himself wrote about seeingmermaids but critics did what they do best by sweeping it under the carpet as usual. No wonder we see the Pyramid of Giza and wonder how the ancient built them. They weren't as daft as today's science label them.

Are mermaid real? The village people in rural communities in Africa will probably be the best to answer that, not people of science who haven't seen it.

Those village people that you speak of are the same ones dying of cholera and maleria in the 21st century.

They are the same people who watch their children die of preventable illnesses in 2016.

The same people with high rates of maternal and infant death.

If you cannot understand that people lie and that gods, mermaids, ghosts and talking trees are lies until shown to be true.

When you are ill do you visit the doctor or do yo u go to see babalawo?

When people are allowed to wallow in ignorance they revert to superstitious nonsense.

There have always been Africans who have argued against religion, superstition and other forms of wilful ignorance. In the past they would have been killed for speaking out, thankfully that no longer happens in much of the continent. Only the most backwards places, such as northern Nigeria insist on persecuting (and killing) those who question the existence of mythical beings.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by mmsen: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2016
ifenes:

Atheism is only a disbelief in a supreme creator, apart from that people hold different opinions due to levels of knowledge. The god ideology once conquered opens up questions and boundaries of thinking. The disbelief in god is probably the only thing most " atheists" have in common.

Life is not based on Material( physical) only, so you are wrong by concluding there aren't wizards etc. But what is Wizardry? That should be the question! Not concluding there isn't, cos that's ignorance.

You are right that strictly speaking atheism is about denying the existence of any deities but the other superstitious elements belong in the same category.

That which you cannot prove should be questioned and disbelieved.
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by dblackninja: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
olaade714:

I wouldn't blame u too much, u know, coz, the problem of many religions, if only u guys really understand islam, u may not be soo daft.... Islam is not a religion of decept, u know.. But sha... it seems the problem of Christianity, Hinduism, Jews deception is clouding ur thought... We'll, I rest my case...
Lol everyone is claiming their religion is not a deception. Who are we now to believe? Come to Christianity and the pot will be calling the kettle black. In Islam, the kettle will be calling the pot black grin. High degree of delusion flying everywhere.

I like Moslems better chaa. If they want to kill you, it will be quick & painless cheesy
Christians will kill you slowly and once done, they will hand the knife over to you to complete the job angry
**I no say anythingoooo lipsrsealed
Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by Rilwayne001: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
promise10:
[s]
Even if it is captured with camera, you atheists will STILL have some "what if" questions to ask, just to make you look brilliant to yourself. [/s]

I'm not an atheist undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings by EyeHateGod: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
WE BELIEVE IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disappointments/Difficulties Every Atheist Can Relate With / I will keep using the name, 'Yahushua'; you can keep 'Jesus'. No compulsion! / South African Pastor, Lesego Daniel Makes Church Members Eat GRASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.