Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) (28099 Views)

FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project / Chinese Man Holds Umbrella For Masari, Katsina Governor, In China.PICS / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Blue3k:

All points are true but for convenience sake the company's that do business in Lagos with proper incentives will patronise Ibom port for cheaper shipping, faster clearing since lagos congestion, especially if final destination is to SS and eastern region besides our roads move north as well.
Some of them will but most won't and those incentives cost money. In particular is the evacuation infrastructure i.e roads and rail. The entire NE section of the country will benefit if it works but there must be massive investment in road networks also the port itself must be massive in anticipation of future growth. Having said that,there is no reason why we must focus on sea ports alone. Why are there no functional cargo ports in the SE or SS. Certainly atleast one could have been built with all the money stolen by the likes of Ibori and Odili. I think Cargo airports while expensive are probably better in the long run for some parts of the country
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Was it not FG that developed lagos ports?

As for your earlier utterances, Yea, serves you right. Next time, don't talk trash

Lagos ports were developed by the British before Independence. Those village manners cling on tenaciously.....

You folk are always unruly and uncouth especially when losing an argument

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

Your last paragraph is a very wrong assertion.
Who told you most Igbo people don't live in Igbo Land

You obviously have not been to the SE/SS
Igbos like to claim a very large population in Nigeria. Based on census figures of the SE The only way those claims can have any meaning is if we assume that there are a lot more Igbos elsewhere .Having been to the SS/SE is totally irrelevant. If going there is enough why conduct censuses. Please try and talk logically. If you are right that the majority live in the SE then Igbos are another minority in Nigeria and should not have more than 3 states
So everyone who goes there has the same opinion?
And why are you folk so determined to rub araldite to yourselves and SS. SS is Edo State among others. What is the connection?

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by gidgiddy: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Igbos like to claim a very large population in Nigeria. Based on census figures of the SE The only way those claims can have any meaning is if we assume that there are a lot more Igbos elsewhere .Having been to the SS/SE is totally irrelevant. If going there is enough why conduct censuses. Please try and talk logically. If you are right that the majority live in the SE then Igbos are another minority in Nigeria and should not have more than 3 states
And why are you folk so determined to rub araldite to yourselves and SS. SS is Edo State among others. What is the connection?

In reality, there are no people called 'SS' or 'SE'. These are just mere geopolitical zones that have no real meaning. Nothing connects a Bini man and Efik man. But Igbo's have land border with Efik and have interacted with them long before the creation of Nigeria.

Today, someone will say that Delta and Edo states are 'SS' but these 2 states were never in the Eastern Region, so how did they become SS? Are the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu also SE?

All these terms have no meaning, what matters is the interaction between ethnic groups, not invented words like SE and SS.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

What is your own in the matter now? grin grin

I'll just say this to be clear.....
Even Yoruba people are PLENTY in the North, and in PH, and Aboki people are also plenty in the South too, they are the ones selling fruits, Suya and many other things they do here.

But many here make it look like it's only Igbo people who migrate, and they are deserting their "homeland"

Let's be clear on that

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

In reality, there are no people called 'SS' or 'SE'. These are just mere geopolitical zones that have no real meaning. Nothing connects a Bini man and Efik man. But Igbo's have land border with Efik and have interacted with them long before the creation of Nigeria.

Today, someone will say that Delta and Edo states are 'SS' but these 2 states were never in the Eastern Region, so how did they become SS? Are the Igalas of Anambra and the Idomas of Enugu also SE?

All these terms have no meaning, what matters is the interaction between ethnic groups, not invented words like SE and SS.

You have a good point...
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

What is your own in the matter now? grin grin

I'll just say this to be clear.....
Even Yoruba people are PLENTY in the North, and in PH, and Aboki people are also plenty in the South too, they are the ones selling fruits, Suya and many other things they do here.

But many here make it look like it's only Igbo people who migrate, and they are deserting their "homeland"

Let's be clear on that
My point is Igbos like to claim equality with Hausa and Igbo when in reality they are a minority tribe from an enclave less than Oyo State in size

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

No!!!

Lately Igbos have been very clingy to the so called SS. some parts of the SS have links with every other part of Nigeria
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

My point is Igbos like to claim equality with Hausa and Igbo when in reality they are a minority tribe from an enclave less than Oyo State in size

Minority shocked shocked

Apartt from the Hausa people, how many tribes have more people than Igbo people
Besides, it's not even about the numbers, pet se, but the quality of the numbers

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

Lagos ports were developed by the British before Independence. Those village manners cling on tenaciously.....

You folk are always unruly and uncouth especially when losing an argument

So, why are you having bragging rights over it?
The British started it and FG has been enhancing it.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

Minority shocked shocked

Besides, it's not even about the numbers, pet se, but the quality of the numbers
Ijaw,Yoruba ...........where were you during the last census
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

Minority shocked shocked

Both quality and quantity, Igbos are more.
Not all seemingly hausas are Hausa

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by gidgiddy: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
No!!!

Lately Igbos have been very clingy to the so called SS. some parts of the SS have links with every other part of Nigeria

There is no South-South, if there is, then I would like to know where North-North is.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Hundredhundredd: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

Your last paragraph is a very wrong assertion.
Who told you most Igbo people don't live in Igbo Land

You obviously have not been to the SE/SS

Must you add SS to everything. I have never seen SS people write SS/SE, its you Ibos that are fond of doing this attachee by force.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 12:00am On Sep 28, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So, why are you having bragging rights over it?
The British started it and FG has been enhancing it.
Where is the bragging. It is a business based on location that is why it is not in Abakaliki. or Nsukka. I know this makes some people very bilious but it is what it is. If it was that easy the entire Nigerian coastline would be a port but Lagos has the best terrain for relatively low cost port development and that is why we are building several more ports in Lekki and Apapa. In saner climes the ports are even private but the locals are entitled to brag . It is on their land and when Nigeria breaks as we all know it will one day the port stays where it is
Man City and Chelsea may be owned by foreigners but they remain English clubs

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 12:37am On Sep 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

Ijaws are more than Igbos?
That's a big joke!!!!

It's Obasanjo I still blame for this though

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 12:38am On Sep 28, 2016
Hundredhundredd:

Must you add SS to everything. I have never seen SS people write SS/SE, its you Ibos that are fond of doing this attachee by force.

Lol @Attache by force...
I have nothing to say to you
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Senorprinz(m): 1:24am On Sep 28, 2016
Freedom2016:

Get out of your Afonja Brown republic and visit Obuaku. After the civil war, the federal government carved all coastal Igbo communities in Abia into Rivers state but as God will have it they didn't realize that Obuaku existed. Today they are shocked, just like you are shocked that it existed.
which obuaku are you talking about? is it the one along enugu-ph express way, after ihie junction?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2016
Ugosample:

Ijaws are more than Igbos?
That's a big joke!!!!

It's Obasanjo I still blame for this though
No Joke this is the reality
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 8:14am On Sep 28, 2016
Ugosample:

Lol @Attache by force...
I have nothing to say to you
Do you not attach . Yes or No? does the SS attach to SE?? Yes or no ? do not deceive yourself. Stop ssaying SS/SE. say Igbo. Urhobos and Ijaws cannot stand you. Edo do not know you and Itsekiri disown you. Why then invite yourselves by force.Have you no shame?

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by davidif: 8:33am On Sep 28, 2016
who is the attention seeker taking the selfie?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by olads56(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2016
Freedom2016:
I can't wait to use this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.
You see how your hatred makes you stupid, when you build seaport, you own the ship too abi.. Lagos will always be shippers no1 choice area.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Freedom2016:
I can't wait to use this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.

Mind how you talk..

The tongue is powerful like fire..

Some things are reserved for thoughts..

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by ificatchmodeh: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

Are you sure..you are a citizen of this country..
I ve read your post..and assertion,v come to understand that either your been mischievous or not a nigerian.
In nigeria people facts are verifiable,so will advise you do that..
Thhis a public forum and it will be unfair making a fool of your self.
Most people read and don't comment.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by ificatchmodeh: 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Where is the bragging. It is a business based on location that is why it is not in Abakaliki. or Nsukka. I know this makes some people very bilious but it is what it is. If it was that easy the entire Nigerian coastline would be a port but Lagos has the best terrain for relatively low cost port development and that is why we are building several more ports in Lekki and Apapa. In saner climes the ports are even private but the locals are entitled to brag . It is on their land and when Nigeria breaks as we all know it will one day the port stays where it is
Man City and Chelsea may be owned by foreigners but they remain English clubs

Please..have even visited any of rivers,Akwa-Ibom,bayelsa,asaba..coastal lines?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by saintkeppy(m): 12:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Edunwa302:

Don't mind that guy
Instead of him concentrating on translator job he is there for, he choose camera man instead
. Picture Gov. Udom discussing with Chinese men or idontbeliveit
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ballmer: 1:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Freedom2016:

A good friend(Senior Assistant ) was involved in this project under Akpabio with the surveying aspect, so when I speak of people frustrating it I know because I witnessed it. Akpabio was threatened to abandon it or he will be dealt with. I still suspect Udom will be warned to leave it soon or else. There is a reason why none of the ports in SS and SE are fully functional...Calabar, Warri, Port Harcourt, Onitsha and Onne. And Port Harcourt, Warri, Onne, and Calabar are all owned and controlled by Dangote and Atiku....is it a coincidence? It's not by accident, it is by design. All of of SS and SE have no clue what they are doing to us. Same with airports...Only Lagos and Abuja are fully functional in terms of direct international flights.

I laugh at your Igbotic STUPIDITY. You mean if a yoruba is out to derail your progress you will sit n watch him do that ?! Which year you wan get sense for this forum ? It's okay to be a yoruba hater but at least try to be a sensible one. Amadioha strike dead anyone advising you not to go to your grave with the hate.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by signz: 8:02am On Feb 14, 2017
What about this project sef
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
signz:
What about this project sef

No updates from what I found. Akwa Ibom government not serious about it currently. It's on states website as long term project. Which amounts to nothing if work isn't being done.

They ought to make it twice the size of both ports in Lagos. That way they can offer faster clearing times and take over eastern portion of country.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by kuuljay(m): 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Freedom2016:
that project has been on for decades so tell me who has been frustrating it,because your brother spent 6years at the reins
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
kuuljay:
that project has been on for decades so tell me who has been frustrating it,because your brother spent 6years at the reins

Dont listen to excuse makers. Akwa Ibom has been a state for Decade. They should have built port in 80's not 2010's going 2020's.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by oyatz(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sir, who is supposed to develop P/Harcourt to international standard?

Freedom2016:

You won't understand since you are yoruba. There is what is called systematic marginalization. Very difficult to understand unless you are the marginalized. There is a reason Abuja is developed to international standard and Port Harcourt is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sani Bello Wears NYSC Uniform At NYSC Camp (Photos) / Anambra Election: Yul Edochie Denies Stepping Down, Threatens Legal Action / Soldiers In Hot Chase Of Remnant Of Boko Haram Terrorists – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.