Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate (3632 Views)

2019: Why Atiku Is Our Preferred Choice - Igbo Youths / 2019: Why Tinubu Shouldn’t Depend Heavily On Buhari / 2019: Why PDP Is Yet To Endorse Fayose For President – Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by mordsith: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Please this thread is for persons of Yoruba origin only. I sincerely request that all Igbos, Hausas and my fellow Niger Deltans stay away from this thread.

I believe the Igbo people are really good people, they have done nothing to deserve the political opposition that are poured on them by Nigerians especially those of the Yoruba origin.

So let me throw this question to the Yorubas in the House. Give us a good reason why you wont vote an Igbo candidate come 2019.

NEWS FLASH

Obasanjo was fully supported by the south East and those of Igbo origin in the South South both in 1999 and 2003.

Read Proof
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2645805.stm

They voted your son why wont you support theirs. Please speak your mind.

NEWS FLASH

Okonjo Iweala used her Position and influence to give a yoruba son Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina the African Development Bank (AfDB) presidency job.

PLEASE READ

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/31/afdb-okonjo-iweala-behind-my-success-says-adesina/
https://www.nairaland.com/2348230/afdb-okonjo-iweala-behind-success-says

I BELIEVE ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.........IF THE PHRASE I JUST TYPED DOES NOT EXIST IN YORUBA LANGUAGE. THEN AM SORRY FOR CREATING THIS THREAD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by mordsith: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
striker9:
An average Yoruba man prefers Igbo as friend over an Hausa, this is known fact.Yoruba will gladly vote for an Igbo candidate but our voice must be heard. During GEJ term,it was as if Yoruba was not part of Nigeria.I can remember vividly how Yoruba troop out en mass to vote for Goodluck,but we got nothing in return, then he made the statement of Igbo being the backbone of his government yet the likes of Soyinka took to the street when Turai was holding power. Lastly, the issue of leave “our sister" or “our brother" syndrome when any politician from SS or SE is being alleged of fraud is so annoying. We all saw what Obj did to Tafa Balogun and Bode George yet no one from sw supported them.

I've gotten our most important post of the thread yet. It is true that the yorubas and igbos are best friends. However we could translate that to electoral victory come 2019. This would be a plus for Nigeria to only be led by the best brains which are found mostly among the Igbos, Yorubas and the Niger Delta.

devilson:
I would gladly vote an igbo over an hausa/fulani come 2019 I urge all yoruba to do to send a warming to the north that Nigeria doesn't belong to any tribe
God bless Nigeria

Ladies and gentlemen here we go again. A true yoruba son has spoken. Ndigbo take note.

orimsamsam:
I don't knw were the OP have dis ideal dat the yorubas hate igbos and won't vote for them. I will vote for a patriotic Igbo man.

Beautiful, very beautiful .........keep it coming. 2019 Ndigbo. Here we go.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Marcelini(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ndiigbo had supported all Nigerian groups to produce presidents since the return of democracy in 1999.

We supported OBJ, a Yoruba man in 1999 and 2003.

We supported Yaradua a Fulani Northerner in 2007

We Supported GEJ, an Ijaw SSner in 2011 and 2015.

Only stupid Igbos believe that supporting Buhari or any other Nigerian will make them return the favour to Ndiigbo when the time comes.

Only mischievous elements speak of Igbos not building bridges in Nigeria.

All Nigerian groups had benefited from the Igbo man objective nature that enabled us Vote their sons en mass at one point or another, even though their sons all turned out to be failures who couldn't do much for Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Thewrath(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
They are all ingrates,if it were up to me,since some unrepentant Yorubas are not interested in voting an Igbo because of their political interest,instead of voting the treacherous Yoruba,it's either we all keep giving the power to north or we don't vote at all.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by mordsith: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
Marcelini:
Ndiigbo had supported all Nigerian groups to produce presidents since the return of democracy in 1999.

Only stupid Igbos believe that supporting Buhari or any other Nigerian will make them return the favour to Ndiigbo and the time comes.

All Nigerian groups had benefited from the Igbo man objective nature that enabled us Vote their sons en mass at one point or another, even though their sons all turned out to be failures who couldn't do much for Nigeria.

O BOY I SAID MAKE YOU NO DISTURB THIS THREAD......ABI YOU BE OMO YORUBA..........

I SINCERELY WANT TO GET THEIR MINDSET THAT IS WHY I CREATED THIS THREAD.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by limeta(f): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Because our muslim brother won.t like it
Igbo,s are unbeliever,s but great.

hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by mordsith: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thewrath:
They are all ingrates,if it were up to me,since some unrepentant Yorubas are not interested in voting an Igbo because of their political interest,instead of voting the treacherous Yoruba,it's either we all keep giving the power to north or we don't vote at all.

Mods please take note of this user.......I asked for only Yorubas to comment and he is insulting an entirerace of people.

I believe you need to hear them out first before your volley of insults.
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by dremide: 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please present a good candidate and am sure Yorubas will support. But being good is not enough, it's just a fraction of the whole thing, being electable and attractive to the electorate goes a long way but it's not even a four year exercise, you must have built up a reputation over a period of time.. Lastly, you seem to think this thing is by turn by turn, which is a wrong notion, you can't say because it's your turn you will now present a candidate that is not qualified and not attractive to other tribes.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by mordsith: 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
dremide:
Please present a good candidate and am sure Yorubas will support. But being good is not enough, it's just a fraction of the whole thing, being electable and attractive to the electorate goes a long way but it's not even a four year exercise, you must have built up a reputation over a period of time.. Lastly, you seem to think this thing is by turn by turn, which is a wrong notion, you can't say because it's your turn you will now present a candidate that is not qualified and not attractive to other tribes.

Thanks for your comment .....Ndigbo take note. An attractive Igbo candidate is what the Yorubas want. Please No insult only matured response to the user.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Thewrath(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
mordsith:

Mods please take note of this user.......I asked for only Yorubas to comment and he is insulting an entirerace of people.

I believe you need to hear them out first before your volley of insults.
Again,if it were up to me....
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by BiafranPrince: 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
mordsith:

Thanks for your comment .....Ndigbo take note. An attractive Igbo candidate is what the Yorubas want. Please No insult only matured response to the user.

Attractive candidate and our suffersticated brothers lined up behind cow rearing illiterate dullardd from Daura.

Hehehe, attractive indeed.

Long live L of the R Sun

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Goke7: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
PDP testing the waters as usual grin No wonder Barcanista wants Jagaban in PDP. I see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by striker9(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
An average Yoruba man prefers Igbo as friend over an Hausa, this is known fact.Yoruba will gladly vote for an Igbo candidate but our voice must be heard. During GEJ term,it was as if Yoruba was not part of Nigeria.I can remember vividly how Yoruba troop out en mass to vote for Goodluck,but we got nothing in return, then he made the statement of Igbo being the backbone of his government yet the likes of Soyinka took to the street when Turai was holding power. Lastly, the issue of leave “our sister" or “our brother" syndrome when any politician from SS or SE is being alleged of fraud is so annoying. We all saw what Obj did to Tafa Balogun and Bode George yet no one from sw supported them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by devilson(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
I would gladly vote an igbo over an hausa/fulani come 2019 I urge all yoruba to do to send a warming to the north that Nigeria doesn't belong to any tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by devilson(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016

God bless Nigeria
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by striker9(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
mordsith:

I've gotten our most important post of the thread yet. It is true that the yorubas and igbos are best friends. However we could translate that to electoral victory come 2019. This would be a plus for Nigeria to only be led by the best brains which are found mostly among the Igbos, Yorubas and the Niger Delta.
Politically things might not have worked out between us but in real life we are friends.I look forward to a political party of intellects like Charles Soludo,Adesina ,Pat Utomi,Ambode ,Amina Mohammed etc....as long we have crooks who are power hungry,I don't see a common man enjoying naija

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by orimsamsam(m): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
I don't knw were the OP have dis ideal dat the yorubas hate igbos and won't vote for them. I will vote for a patriotic Igbo man.
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by tollyboy5(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
an average yoruba man is closely related to the igbos and would give the igbos every political support as far as it does not affect the yoruba polical interest now the problem is for the igbos to regard the yoruba people when ever they get into government instead of trying to please the northerners considering them as the major nigerians which would only back fire when an hausa leader gets into power. they are closer to the yorubas than igbos so they would always include yorubas in their government than they would to igbos, so support those that would support you

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by devilson(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
mordsith:

Ladies and gentlemen here we go again. A true yoruba son has spoken. Ndigbo take note.
yoruba's don't hate igbo most of all this e-war are done by Northerners using yoruba nd igbo moniker.
come 2019 if pdp nd apc field a northerners i'll just sit at home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by DabuIIIT: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
devilson:
sorry I don't argue with kids,yoruba would never suffer nd we would keep thriving.Yoruba gave gej 82% in 2019 nd buhari 55% in 2015 despite his vice being from s.west.it was also yoruba like obj,falana,tinubu Nd soyinka dat fought the northern cabal before gej could be president where were igbo's then.it's because of people like u(we find ur type in both tribe though) the south would remain divided.learn to move on gej already moved on nd most people who vote buhari are regretting forget all this zombies u see on nairaland.
one love bro
@devilson,sorry i don't argue with afonja buh....
gej have moved on but are you aware of the catastrophic damage that single act of stupidity and hate has caused everyone and innocent lives that've been lost? Afonja owe the south a sacrificial apology. I sincerely wish you guys would co-habit with arewa forever..
Op,sorry o,i am a benin boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by devilson(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
DabuIIIT:

eg TIMEMANAGER/TIMEMAN

really,what about the people that voted for buhari in the south west,are they hausas? Yoruba must be punished,they must suffer for their agelong foolishness and stupidity,since they dont wanna learn from history.

To hell with them if they dont wanna support igbo candidate,they are free to co-habit with arewa forever.
sorry I don't argue with kids,yoruba would never suffer nd we would keep thriving.Yoruba gave gej 82% in 2019 nd buhari 55% in 2015 despite his vice being from s.west.it was also yoruba like obj,falana,tinubu Nd soyinka dat fought the northern cabal before gej could be president where were igbo's then.it's because of people like u(we find ur type in both tribe though) the south would remain divided.learn to move on gej already moved on nd most people who vote buhari are regretting forget all this zombies u see on nairaland.

one love bro

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by akinszz: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
I would love to vote igbo as president but the treatment we would get in return would be worst than the way jonathan did... Igbos are very predictable. How i wish Akuyili is alive. She is the only igbo i can vote for from that region. I'm yet to see credible candidate who can fit in her shoe. #Akuyili na person...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Vicadonis(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Even if he is the best? Thats why we will never develop as a nation
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by akinszz: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
One thing people should know about 2015 presidential election is that most yorubas sit down @ home... Like me, i don't think i will ever vote... Until i see a credible candidate. Not all these apc, pdp jargons...
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by CandyDiamond(f): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
Majority of Yorubas voted for AD Tinubu candidate Nihu Ribadu and not GEJ, SE/SS,NC gave Gej his victory in 2011,the core north always vote for Buhari CPC.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by anigbajumo(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2016

Hmmm,the fact is that both Yoruba and Igbo are friends outside here.I don't do tribalism ON nd OFF NL.We all knw they are power hungry demon,they can go all way ballistic to rig the election without any alteration to stop them coz they owns the presidency.

Let wait and see but is not an easy task .....

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by striker9(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
CandyDiamond:
Majority of Yorubas voted for AD Tinubu candidate Nihu Ribadu and not GEJ, SE/SS,NC gave Gej his victory in 2011,the core north always vote for Buhari CPC.
I strongly disagree with this.... Yoruba supported GEJ in south west ,Ribadu got no vote in sw at all..the deal in sw then was ACN state level and PDP federal level chikena.... if u remember, ACN swept whole of sw except Ondo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by daveP(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
Personally I disapprove of them not getting a chance at Aso Villa. why? why shut out?

Seems from observation, the female candidate is the best from them. I'll like to see a man as well to spice this up. Irrespective, time to forfeit these old bags( peeps that put us where we are today cos of selfishness) and their imposing ideas and change the scope and make them retire to a retirement home far in a rural area, with only a newspaper and a glass to read. Time to shock them and their bellies with True Progress.
Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by midol: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Marcelini:

Only stupid Igbos believe that supporting Buhari or any other Nigerian will make them return the favour to Ndiigbo when the time comes.

Exactly my thought. Igbos are the only group of people who have voted Hausa, yoruba, Ijaw but some cantankerous dolts still call them 'clannish', asking them 'build bridges'. What bridges exactly?

I know Igbos who have voted Hausa; fulani and yoruba, Does anyone here know any Fulani or yoruba dead or alive who have ever vote an Igbo.

Anyway it's too late. Igbos will take the bull by the horn and decide their future outside the dog-eat-baboon wicked contraption. Shikena!

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Ojiofor: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
akinszz:
I would love to vote igbo as president but the treatment we would get in return would be worst than the way jonathan did... Igbos are very predictable. How i wish Akuyili is alive. She is the only igbo i can vote for from that region. I'm yet to see credible candidate who can fit in her shoe. #Akuyili na person...

What a hypocritical way of reasoning,The Yoruba Ape called Obasanjo was good enough to rule over us and the present fulani certificateless cow rearing vindictive bigot called Kpuhari is also good enough to rule over us but the only Igbo man or woman good enough is late and so therefore no Igbo man is qualified or good enough to rule this country except late Akunyili.
Be very careful!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by akinszz: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
My opinion not ur problem... mr flat head
Ojiofor:

What a hypocritical way of reasoning,The Yoruba Ape called Obasanjo was good enough to rule over us and the present fulani certificateless cow rearing vindictive bigot called Kpuhari is also good enough to rule over us but the only Igbo man or woman good enough is late and so therefore no Igbo man is qualified or good enough to rule this country except late Akunyili.
Be very careful!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why The Yorubas Wont Support An Igbo Presidential Candidate by Kosy79(f): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
mordsith:
Please this thread is for persons of Yoruba origin only. I sincerely request that all Igbos, Hausas and my fellow Niger Deltans stay away from this thread.

I believe the Igbo people are really good people, they have done nothing to deserve the political opposition that are poured on them by Nigerians especially those of the Yoruba origin.

So let me throw this question to the Yorubas in the House. Give us a good reason why you wont vote an Igbo candidate come 2019.

NEWS FLASH

Obasanjo was fully supported by the south East and those of Igbo origin in the South South both in 1999 and 2003.

Read Proof
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2645805.stm

They voted your son why wont you support theirs. Please speak your mind.

NEWS FLASH

Okonjo Iweala used her Position and influence to give a yoruba son Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina the African Development Bank (AfDB) presidency job.

PLEASE READ

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/31/afdb-okonjo-iweala-behind-my-success-says-adesina/
https://www.nairaland.com/2348230/afdb-okonjo-iweala-behind-success-says

I BELIEVE ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.........IF THE PHRASE I JUST TYPED DOES NOT EXIST IN YORUBA LANGUAGE. THEN AM SORRY FOR CREATING THIS THREAD.

Racism at its peak. u have violated d rule number 9

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of "The Other Room" Snapshots Of Conversation With A US Nurse / Why Do Igbos Think Yoruba Will Leave Osinbajo For Fayose In 2019? / Now That Sanwo-olu Has Been Declared The Winner, Let's Laugh At These Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.