Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? (468 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? by LordOfNaira: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
It seems like churches only care about their worshippers because of the benefits of contributions and offerings. No matter how big the church is and the cars the pastors drive or the houses they live in, they do not know how to give to a cause of the church. There was this particular church that I attended recently on the invitation of a friend. A very big church yet the pastor brought a matter of a 100,000 Naira to the church. I believed that with the number of exotic cars I saw in the church ground and pastors' garage that Sunday, one man would be able to give more than 100,000 Naira. I think pastors are just heartless and insensitive that even if somebody brought the whole 100,000 naira to them, they would still find a way to make everyone (including the needy) contribute.

I think a church should get to a stage where she wouldn't have to ask contributions or offerings anymore. But with the greed in that sector, the church would continue to take from the poor instead of feeding the poor.
Re: Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? by psucc(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
No! There is nothing wrong on collections and offerings but the application.

The church ought to have used the offerings and collections to help the poor as well as those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake.

But today Christianity, only the pastor goes in classic cars leaving members without a bicycle.
Re: Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? by TulsaOklahoma: 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
Any day satan stops using sexual immorality and violence as his two main tools, dat day churches will stop d collection of offerings,tithe and contribution
Re: Can Churches Ever Stop Collecting Offerings And Contributions? by LordOfNaira: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
TulsaOklahoma:
Any day satan stops using sexual immorality and violence as his two main tools, dat day churches will stop d collection of offerings,tithe and contribution

But what has Satan got to do with contributions, offerings and tithes?

(1) (Reply)

Imagine Yourself In The Midst Of This Crowd / Are The Dead Really Alive? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/11/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.