Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki (26621 Views)

Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA / Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Princelegacylemoha(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by seunlayi(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Nigeria seems to be going down

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by miqos02(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2016
hmmm
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by gist4kidsblog: 6:50am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Ibeju Lekki is different from Lekki tho..

Becos water no dey enter lekki? Even lekki phase 1 water worst pass this one....
Instead of dem to do the bad roads na jeep dem go dey buy...
Very heartless ppl waiting for govt..
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by SycophanticGoat: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

Becos water no dey enter lekki? Even lekki phase 1 water worst pass this one....
Instead of dem to do the bad roads na jeep dem go dey buy...
Very heartless ppl waiting for govt..

LoL.. me don't really know much about that area. I just pass through them at times..
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Kobicove(m): 6:57am On Sep 28, 2016
Are these recent pics?
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by buchilino(m): 7:00am On Sep 28, 2016
I DON'T WANT 2 SOUND CRUEL BUT SOME HOW THEY HAD IT COMING. IT'S OBVIOUS WE DON'T HAVE A GOVT IN THESE LANDS ANY MORE. SO Y SHOULD PPLE SHOW LACK OF WISDOM N SENSITIVITY BY BLOCKING THEIR DRAINAGES N EXPECT MIRACLE 2 HAPPEN. MOST TIMES ORDINARY NIGERIANS R DER OWN WORST ENEMIES.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by gist4kidsblog: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

LoL.. me don't really know much about that area. I just pass through them at times..

Okay I see... Na just hype area oooo.. That is how Yoruba ppl we say shey OK fe kole si ori omi ni...
Seem like na juju dem dey take sell land for dem.. Why a group man will open his two eyes down and go dey pure water ( back of elegushi lekki phase 2 ) I mean ocean ooo and e go dey sandfill it with pure cement is datvnot waste of money I weep for this generation...
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by gist4kidsblog: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2016
Kobicove:
Are these recent pics?

Yes pics took yesterday by a friend of. Mine DAT stay in da area
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by buchilino(m): 7:04am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

SERIOUSLY D GUY IS RIGHT. EVEN WITH ALL DER EDUCATION N MILLIONS, MOST PPLE DAT LIVE THERE, R D MOST STUPIDEST PPLE ON EARTH.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by OBAGADAFFI: 7:07am On Sep 28, 2016
sukkot:
bros forget all dat one. lekki na real prime estate bros. location location location. dats like having gold. grin grin wink

Lol, Surulere and IKEJA is far better than Lekki.

That Ibeju Lekki is one of the worst places to live, from Abraham Adesanya to LAKOWE is so bad, most of them don't have electricity supply.

Ibeju Lekki is a growing slum.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by cheekyleggy: 7:09am On Sep 28, 2016
the people in that community can't come together to clear the drainage. who blocked it in the first place? government abi. keep waiting o
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by SycophanticGoat: 7:10am On Sep 28, 2016
gist4kidsblog:

Okay I see... Na just hype area oooo.. That is how Yoruba ppl we say shey OK fe kole si ori omi ni...
Seem like na juju dem dey take sell land for dem.. Why a group man will open his two eyes down and go dey pure water ( back of elegushi lekki phase 2 ) I mean ocean ooo and e go dey sandfill it with pure cement is datvnot waste of money I weep for this generation...

LoL, the Lekki craze dey contagious, infectious and intoxicating.. Even the government and some private organizations are not left out of the craze. Remember there's a big structure being erected around that Lekki/Ocean area and the land is being sand filled. Truth is, all these sand filling are in one way or the other causing flooding in other parts of Lekki. They know it but don't care.

A typical example is my area, Waterside, Satellite Town. When we moved into this area in 2001, we were only few people living in the area. Therefore during the times river and ocean overflows, the water usually sees lands to occupy back then, so we experienced less flooding on the major roads; which were normally filled higher than lands. But now, when it floods, due to the fact that many houses have been erected and there isn't much space for water to occupy, it fills up the whole road..
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by SycophanticGoat: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2016
buchilino:

SERIOUSLY D GUY IS RIGHT. EVEN WITH ALL DER EDUCATION N MILLIONS, MOST PPLE DAT LIVE THERE, R D MOST STUPIDEST PPLE ON EARTH.

The Lekki craze is contagious, infectious and intoxicating..
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Person wey dey stay for eti osa, agunji or idado self go claim sey na lekki he dey.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by buchilino(m): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

The Lekki craze is contagious, infectious and intoxicating..

TRUE
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by dionma: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Even if the drainage is cleared, the SME thing would happen again because we have failed to answer the quesion- what caused the blocked drainage in the first place. Look into any drainage in Lagos and what you will see will amaze you. Heaps of rubbish, plastic containers and what not dumped in the drainage by people. There are drainages in Lekki but they are blocked. The lasting solution issue is a change of attitude. I empathise with the residents hope the authorities do something soon.

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by SycophanticGoat: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Person wey dey stay for eti osa, agunji or idado self go claim sey na lekki he dey.

UrennaNkolitus cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know say you ma dey live for all those highbrow areas for Lekki... smiley smiley smiley

We way still dey hustle, make we remain for ghetto. When we hammer, we come buy your neighbor's house and say hello to you err morning..
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Btruth: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Have always known that living on the mainland is better than living in Lekki or Ajah. Those are area are just over hyped nii ooo.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Fweezy(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2016
IMO, residents of Ibeju Lekki are in over their head on this one and entirely on their own on this one. Lagos state govt went ahead to hastily approve estate development plans from real estate developers without properly scrutinizing the details to identify drainage network system in place and in many cases no water drainage network at all. Greedy land buyers equally also failed to ask questions about water drainage system but were happy buying several plots and cruising their cars in and out of their homes without thinking of the rainy day. Well now those days have come and now they are asking these questions too late. This is only just the beginning. As the atlantic water continues to surge, the water table levels will continue to rise and the land will slowly, gradually and eventually go down and under. In the near future, flooded properties will be the least of their worries but loss of life will be their biggest worry. All kinds of water borne diseases, typh/malaria, mosquito breeding are just around the corner waiting to take over. They shud continue!
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2016
for a water logged area, drainage shud have been designed before pple started building on it. there is not solution to dis menace .na like dis e go dey dey. pple stay around der cos its was near VI nd ikoyi, but now d traffic nobe here. even estates around chevron ikota vgc dat cost 50-70m get flooded with reckless abandon. it is now normal
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by back2sender: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

What is this one saying!
Even the lekki PHASE 1 how is the drainage even worse than Ibeju lekki.
Do you know what lekki starts and end? Or you think lekki ends at the lekki phase 1?lekki starts from the well known lekki phase 1 and ends at the bridge linking between Ibeju lekki and Epe. That lagoon the the crosses over is the same lagoon from that bonny camp axis even though it has different name as the water progresses towards Epe axis.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by back2sender: 7:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Fweezy:
IMO, residents of Ibeju Lekki are in over their head on this one and entirely on their own on this one. Lagos state govt went ahead to hastily approve estate development plans from real estate developers without properly scrutinizing the details to identify drainage network system in place and in many cases no water drainage network at all. Greedy land buyers equally also failed to ask questions about water drainage system but were happy buying several plots and cruising their cars in and out of their homes without thinking of the rainy day. Well now those days have come and now they are asking these questions too late. This is only just the beginning. As the atlantic water continues to surge, the water table levels will continue to rise and the land will slowly, gradually and eventually go down and under. In the near future, flooded properties will be the least of their worries but loss of life will be their biggest worry. All kinds of water borne diseases, typh/malaria, mosquito breeding are just around the corner waiting to take over. They shud continue!
Even the swamps that are nature water holding ground and channels are been solda off as estates and omonile too dey sell water channels. Why wont the be flood after a small rain?
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by labienyce(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2016
Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are different though.. While Lekki is under Legos island division, Ibeju Lekki is under Epe division.. Awoyaya is not really Lekki
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by AIRTELsteals: 7:55am On Sep 28, 2016
olahero:
cry me a river.

You are wicked o. The man said his mansion dey sink and you want make he come add river join the flood. pity am small now
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by hardbody: 8:10am On Sep 28, 2016
Larryfest:
It has always been like this for a long time,Lekki and flood are like bread and butter.... I still don't understand why people pay heavily to acquire land over there when they know all this.

It's a fad, more like joining the joneses. Lekki and VI that they have since informed us will submerge at some point in time, as if the threats are not real, government keeps reclaiming water with sand. Sometime someday water will always come back to retake it's space. I hope it happens on a weekend so i am in no way cut up in it. Lekki and VI don't cut it for me, except to go and make money
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by timunstopable: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2016
It has nothing to do with drainage

those areas are heavily swampy

but una go sandfill am forgetting water no get enemy

Those areas can barely have one feet drainage without finding water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by frankopit: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2016
bangging:
where is olamide? Remember is song? If you don go awoyaya my guy you go kw lagos ooo...

it damage my tire sensor ,silencer, bumper and flood half of my engine that's 2 years ago.
lakwe and awoyaya area is nightmare.driving along that area with your 2008> car model is a no no.electrical complication upandan.... Lagos

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Chukazu: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2016
undecided Nigerian architects should use the opportunity to experiment on designing underwater buildings

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by LorDBolton(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Lekki without make-up = ikorodu. Lol

1 Like

Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by Tony4400: 8:34am On Sep 28, 2016
At least una no una problm, blocked drainage. What are all the businesses in that location doing about it, abi una dey wait for the govt, it affects u ppl more oh.
Re: Businesses And Houses Underwater In Lekki by achieverme(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2016
legendgalas:
Lekki of all places, hmm its really an over hyped pawpaw grin

Well, I'm happy to inform u dat u just can't stop....loving me. wink

And u know what? I love u too! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Properties To Let In Ibadan / Sarafoam Building Is Currently Burning In Lagos (Photos) / Landlord Orders Soldiers To Beat Tenants for Telling him to Refund Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.