Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! (3200 Views)

9mobile's Poor Network Is Gradually Being Resolved In Some Areas / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Mtn 4g Lte Is Now Live Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by chineduace(m): 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Visafone Subscribers
If you own a Visafone line that has been migrated to MTN, you can use MTN 4G. But note that you are restricted to Visafone’s data plans. You cannot subscribe to any regular MTN data plan. To subscribe, dial *444#.
MTN Subscribers
If you are a regular MTN subscriber, you will need to swap your SIM card for a 4G-compatible SIM card. If you have a compatible 4G smartphone, just dial *131# to subscribe to any regular MTN data plan and enjoy 4G service.
Requirements To Use An MTN 4G data Plan
Whether you have a 4G-compatible Visafone or MTN SIM card, you will need a 4G LTE smartphone that is compatible with LTE Band 7(2600). That is the information to look for when going through smartphone specifications .
MTN has made it easy for you to confirm whether both your smartphone and SIM card are compatible with their 4G service. Text “4G” to 131 and you will receive a text message in response telling you if either of both are compatible with the network.

mobilityarena
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by nazeefsco(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good for them but for now i will stick with glo cos they have cheaper data.....and yeah glo is pretty strong where i am

3 Likes

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by acenazt: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Correct talk.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by guydangerous(m): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
chineduace:
Visafone Subscribers
If you own a Visafone line that has been migrated to MTN, you can use MTN 4G. But note that you are restricted to Visafone’s data plans. You cannot subscribe to any regular MTN data plan. To subscribe, dial *444#.
MTN Subscribers
If you are a regular MTN subscriber, you will need to swap your SIM card for a 4G-compatible SIM card. If you have a compatible 4G smartphone, just dial *131# to subscribe to any regular MTN data plan and enjoy 4G service.
Requirements To Use An MTN 4G data Plan
Whether you have a 4G-compatible Visafone or MTN SIM card, you will need a 4G LTE smartphone that is compatible with LTE Band 7(2600). That is the information to look for when going through smartphone specifications .
MTN has made it easy for you to confirm whether both your smartphone and SIM card are compatible with their 4G service. Text “4G” to 131 and you will receive a text message in response telling you if either of both are compatible with the network.

mobilityarena
how much will it cost to swap the sim or can i can DO IT MYSELF.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
Their plans are too damn expensive. 37k for unlimited? For lte? Wtf. I'll stick with Ntel until they review their plans.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by FunkyMetahuman: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
Has anyone used the damn 4G?
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Babysnow1: 3:03am On Sep 28, 2016
scam network
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by mikron(m): 3:09am On Sep 28, 2016
for now nothing beats NTEL
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Dclique(m): 3:26am On Sep 28, 2016
Can't wait to try it out.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by acenazt: 6:24am On Sep 28, 2016
Ntel na idiot sha. Dem no gree enter kd.

And my sim is 4G baybee

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by chineduace(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2016
guydangerous:
how much will it cost to swap the sim or can i can DO IT MYSELF.
you have to do that at there office
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by chineduace(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2016
greenhulk:
Their plans are too damn expensive. 37k for unlimited? For lte? Wtf. I'll stick with Ntel until they review their plans.
what do you mean by expensive,
except you are talking of the MTN visafone aspect.
the MTN aspect is same as normal data subscription you do by dialling *131#
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by chineduace(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2016
mikron:
for now nothing beats NTEL
what of coverage...!!!
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Mario1989(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2016
with 4G on, ur ba3 will last for just 5minutes except these phone(chin.co) makers improve their ba3 capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by sweeterman(m): 7:41am On Sep 28, 2016
Mario1989:
with 4G on, ur ba3 will last for just 5minutes except these phone(chin.co) makers improve their ba3 capacity.

na now una go start to appreciate brands like LG, Samsung, Apple and oda top OEMs cos why??

dey optimise dia phones to last on 4G, its not rili about ba3 capacity but optimisation..

i believe many people will start causing their chinko phone batteries soon grin grin
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Femiii: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2016
Mario1989:
my samsung note 4 ba3 don't drainage much on 4G. at least 4 jst 2hrs on 4G 30% gone.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by nazeefsco(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2016
greenhulk:
bros how much is the Ntel unlimited?
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by nazeefsco(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2016
Mario1989:
no the amount of battery it consumes when its on 4g is the same with 3g
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 28, 2016
nazeefsco:
bros how much is the Ntel unlimited?

10k. The best for now if u are in coverage area
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2016
nazeefsco:
no the amount of battery it consumes when its on 4g is the same with 3g

Says who? U obviously have not tried a 4g network on ur phone. It drains battery especially when u are in a place with poor signal. But the poster that said ur battery will last 5 minutes is being sarcastic. U use up to 30% more battery on LTE than on 3g. On my s6 I use up to 50% more battery when using ntel but that is partly due to the poor reception when the phone keeps searching for signal.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by guydangerous(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2016
chineduace:

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by guydangerous(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2016
chineduace:

but it will cost me something or will they do it free of charge,if I successfully upgrade to the 4g will their normal subscription still work on it like the one of 1.5gb and midnight plan of #25 for 500mb.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Jethrolite(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2016
I just can't wait for Facebook's satellite to get to space and start beaming cheap, high speed internet to the world.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by FunkyMetahuman: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2016
What is the idm speed on mtn 4g?
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by chineduace(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
guydangerous:
but it will cost me something or will they do it free of charge,if I successfully upgrade to the 4g will their normal subscription still work on it like the one of 1.5gb and midnight plan of #25 for 500mb.
it's just a sim swap with an upgraded sim.. every other thing remains same.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by guydangerous(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
chineduace:

it's just a sim swap with an upgraded sim.. every other thing remains same.
ok thanks.
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by mikron(m): 12:36am On Sep 29, 2016
chineduace:

what of coverage...!!!
im talking about the speed not the coverage wink
Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by Olasco93: 3:11am On Sep 29, 2016
I will miss you guys so much. I will finally be moving to the US next month, thanks guys for being there for me. Got a job offer with an NGO. I'll be taking Off for chicago on the 4th of October. Keep up doing great things on this Forum guys.
Sorry for the short notice, I just got the confirmation early this morning. We'll keep in touch with my already existing friends on facebook, WhatsApp and Skype.
This is what I dreamt about this morning.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn’s 4G Network Is Now Live Across Nigeria! by seunlayi(m): 5:59am On Sep 29, 2016
Olasco93:
I will miss you guys so much. I will finally be moving to the US next month, thanks guys for being there for me. Got a job offer with an NGO. I'll be taking Off for chicago on the 4th of October. Keep up doing great things on this Forum guys.
Sorry for the short notice, I just got the confirmation early this morning. We'll keep in touch with my already existing friends on facebook, WhatsApp and Skype.
This is what I dreamt about this morning.
God will turn your dream to reality

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Freebasic: How To Enjoy Free Browsing On Etisalat / Nice Phone, But Rare And Not Popular. / Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.