Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets (13071 Views)

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG / Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / Governors Endorse Sale Of National Assets Over Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by sleemfesh: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Imagine what this old man is saying, assume you sold off 48% during your tenure, GEJ sold another 48% I bet PMB will now sell the remaining 4% and also sell Part of Nigeria and it's citizens abi?

I just don't understand this country and how the elites reason, there're people against this and also offering advice of things to do other than sell off assets but instead of bringing them close and put them to work Buhari will form deaf and dumb like he isn't hearing their shouts.All he hears are the evil men calling for the sale of National assets. This administration hasn't even thought of reducing cost of governance, diversify the economy(what ever happened to the large deposit of nickel?) undecided

Don't reason from your anus pls. Selling is not for selling sake. You sell, use the proceeds to recover, break even and possibly get even more assets where applicable. Let's reason like we have a brain.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Degratex: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2016
Whatever mehn. I gave up on this country long time ago. I'm leaving here as if I'm a foreigner.

I've something for everyone here. [https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfWQIiounYS35MomTJ6B12OEoUILuVkq6] is good,have a look at it!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by HomeOfMe(f): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2016
realglob:

http://punchng.com/obasanjo-backs-sale-national-assets/
The way he sold the people of bakassi to Cameroon. I'm sure he would have a share in the sale of that peninsula. Who doesn't he include Ogun state as part of the asset to be sold;I'm sure The Republic of Benin would be interested. Enemies of Nigeria are indeed within. Won ni kokoro t'nje efo ara efo lo wa.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by bangging(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Deepfreezer(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2016
Obasanjo is a shameless man. sell Nnpc so you and others will go thru the back door and purchase it.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by VictorRomanov: 8:34am On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Why won't he back d sale?
Is he not d fellow that single handedly signed away Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon?
Old habits die hard.

Read! My friend. Read! That's all i can say. Don't rush to talk when u ve not listened. Reading your comments after reading the article makes u look stupid. Seriously

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by iboboyswag(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2016
Beautiful contribution.... Like he has said I believe the challenge with the exercise is the name it was given.

Following the unbundling of the NNPC, I strongly believe that this move is the next major move to help push for optimization of profit of the NNPC and accountable returns to Nigeria as owners of the business.

Even China at a time have had investors buy up stakes in it country's oil management company... Ask warren Buffet.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by laryb(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2016
Hii house.. am a new member on this forum.. make u guys show me sum love ..
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by khalid6ix: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2016
He has spoken quite well. In as much as I support d sale of our national asset, the process must be transparent, open, and be regulated. The asset must not be sold to those who looted our national treasury and brought this untold hardship upon us. I hereby pray that we get out of this mess in earnest so that the good people of Nigeria can start enjoying the dividend of democracy and good governance.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Boyooosa(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2016
DLondonboiy:
Sell the assests as soon as possible...we don't really need them.

After that you merge some states..36states is too much..

After that you sell some states especially your Yoruba supporters...we don't really need yorubas in nigeria!

Moroons everywhere...
Can't you think without coughing? Huh!
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by DaPuncline: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Is he not d fellow that single handedly signed away Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon?
Old habits die hard.
It was Yar'Adua
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by olaoge(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2016
This Baba should just back the Sales of OUR OPERATION FEED THE NATION turned his OTA FARM and just STFU
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by DLondonboiy: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2016
Boyooosa:

Can't you think without coughing? Huh!

I can, son.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by vectoh(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2016
make dem kuku sell d whole 9ja na...awon oloshi
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by realglob(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by realglob(m): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2016
NNVanguard:
NNV says no to sale of our National assets!

Join NNV for a new Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by dokiOloye(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Read! My friend. Read! That's all i can say. Don't rush to talk when u ve not listened. Reading your comments after reading the article makes u look stupid. Seriously
your father looks more stupid,idiot.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by vectoh(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2016
laryb:
Hii house.. am a new member on this forum.. make u guys show me sum love ..

Come,take a hug.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by dokiOloye(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2016
DaPuncline:

It was Yar'Adua
Obasanjo signed it.Yar'Adua merely implemented an already signed agreement.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by wink2015(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Selling of our so called National Assets will not solve Nigeria's problem so long as our political class refused to change from their corrupt tendencies. The power sectors that was sold or privatised is worst than what it was when it was under government control.

Many of our political class bite off more than what they can chew.

Our political class are crying for the sale of our National Assets because they are the ones that stand to benefit from the proceeds at the end of the day not the common man in the street of Nigeria.

They are now pretending that they are doing it for the good of the common man in the street. In advanced countries, a burning issues like this should be subjected to a national referendum to elicit the opinion of all Nigerians. But our political class kept recycling the decision process within themselves and this act seems to justify their greed.

Why are all this people not agreeing to open the report of the 2014 national conference that the different region representative sat in Abuja and deliberated upon which seeks to decides how we will live together as Nigerians. But this issue of selling an Assets that belongs to the Niger delta region they want it quickly sold. Is that not greed?

I do not blame Obasanjo it is opportunity that he got to become President of Nigeria that he abused and he is now speaking from both side of his mouth.

Was it not Obasanjo who traded off Nigeria's oil rich Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroun when he foolishly agreed to go to the International court with Cameroun.

Now an illiterate like Obasanjo is calling for the sales of our oil assets after trading off the Niger delta territory of Bakassi.

The elite class of Obasanjo, Saraki, Dangote, IBB, Abdulsalami, Adenuga, Otedola, Tinubu will be the first group of people that will buy the NLNG using their fronts or mule.

If this act succeed we will leave nothing for generation unborn.

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Uncletony(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2016
Buhari should hackened to the vioce of this genuis and sell ogun state to benin republic & save Nigeria of further embarrassment!. Nigeria will be better off without a state that produced the likes of awolowo(betrayer in command), abiola (senseless goat), obj (ancient baboon), kemi adeosun (the clueless & lost one), wole soyinka (the cultist) etc.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by teemy(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2016
So far it seems a big interest is in play towards assets sales. Normally without recession I would have supported it so as to free govt participation so it can focus more on standardization and monitoring but as it seems all is just a aim to get spendable cash at hand.

Take a look at the chinese loan trip. With the chinese promising to give the loan not as cash but as infrastructural services the zeal for a yuan swap faded away. We need to look at creating an enabling environ where citizens would be proud to set up in their own nation so capital and brain flight does not happen. Let credible practitioners be placed in relevant positions and do away with the status quo of man-know-man which would lead to a repeat of history.

I hope for the best but plan for the whatever.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Pchidexy(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2016
I don't really know why God decided to punish me by making me a Nigerian.

For Bleep sake, where is the money from subsidy? Where are all the money recovered from corrupt politicians( or haven't this government been fighting corruption).

The money saved from TSA nko? Monies from increased custom duties and port duties?

Let Buhari sale his family and indeed north eastern Nigeria. He should leave our national asset from the south alone.

Bunch of national criminals!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by teemy(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2016
sleemfesh:

Don't reason from your anus pls. Selling is not for selling sake. You sell, use the proceeds to recover, break even and possibly get even more assets where applicable. Let's reason like we have a brain.
Sincerely I wish this to be true.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2016
sleemfesh:

The same Brian u've had when other assets were sold and nothing (absolutely nothing)resulted from the sale. You and brain shouldn't be in the same sentence

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by VictorRomanov: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
your father looks more stupid,idiot.

I was not expecting anything more than what u just did. If i say i am disappointed, i'd be lying. This explains why u can't read.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by bluecircle470: 9:12am On Sep 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
Old habits die hard.

Do u even know wot u saying at all, was it OBJ dat signed away bakassi? Was it not d ICJ dat ruled on it and we av to let go. Kindly make ur research b4 u comment or start feeding pple wit untruth.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by lookmangiw(m): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Na dem dem go kuku still buy am.... so why wont he be in support of the plan........We all still have memories of what happened during his regime when similar plans was implemented......Most the government properties was actually sold to party faithfuls, friends and family.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by HomeOfMe(f): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2016
landinfo:
OBJ---old habits don't die like sales of NITEL, TRANSCORP, etc

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by nochio(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Very misleading topic, i implore everyone to read it fully, more so, the headlines today said Obasanjo does not support sale of assets. I don't know where you got this from.
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by elskillful: 9:20am On Sep 28, 2016
RealJaneDoe:
The national assets should not be sold.
What happened to all the monies recovered from looters. The loan collected from all the countries that buhari travelled to??
If they could not manage those monies what makes you think they'll manage the ones they get from the sales
Money is not the issue its the way they're using it .
Nigeria is screwed
you just brought out my thoughts
Re: Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 28, 2016
This senlie crook again?...let them just sell nig.!...rawbishness!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Election Will Favour Buhari Even If It Is Rigged - Tony Momoh / PDP, APGA Battle For Soul Of Anambra / Why Buhari Should Support Jonathan’s Candidacy (Open Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.