Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG (26884 Views)

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development / We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
The Federal Government on Saturday said the proceeds from the sale of some of the country’s national assets would be used to fund the expenditure of government as contained in the 2016 budget.

It said while the government had mapped out key infrastructural projects that would support its economic diversification agenda, the shortfall in revenue had made it difficult for these projects to be executed.

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma who stated this in a statement issued by his Media Adviser, Mr Akpandem James, explained that the government had lost almost half of its expected revenue this year.

The minister explained that the unfortunate scenario was what prompted the Economic Management Team to urgently work out a fiscal stimulus plan to generate large funds to be injected into the economy.

The funds, he noted,would be injected through proceeds of asset sales, advance payment for license rounds, infrastructure concessioning, use of recovered funds, among others, to reduce the funding gap.

He said the primary objective of government’s fiscal stimulus plan is not to sell off all major critical national assets,but to source immediate funds to reflate the economy to the path of recovery.

http://punchng.com/sale-national-assets-needed-fund-2016-budget-fg/

APC are a bunch of scammers!They plan on selling National Assets to fund the 2016 budget. Will they sell Nigerians into slavery to fund the 2017 Budget?This is the problem with Africans and the black man, inherently corrupt and short sighted.
Behind the scenes the arrangement has already been concluded and the price tag of $15 billion re-echoed by Dangote and CBN Governor Emefiele for the assets has been finalised.The conspiracy is now in the next stage to implement to sale regardless of the fact most Nigerians oppose it,that is why Buhari wants Emergency powers.
The money Dangote,Saraki,Wale Tinubu,David Mark that was exposed they were hiding in Panama Central America earlier this year through briefcase companies in the leaks to avoid paying taxes and storing their loot will be used to purchase the assets at rock bottom prices.

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Destined2win: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Selling NATIONAL assets to fund budget?
What do we do with this nation.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Chubhie: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Fund 2016 or 2017 budget?

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
Chubhie:

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Paperwhite(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
APC have reach the peak of their lies & cluelessness.What becomes of all the recovered,borrowed & all the media propaganda monies.By the time another government will unearth all APC's corruption in future time,Nigerians will surely curse the day they allow these crooks into our political space.#CHANGEISALLABOUTLIES&SCAM.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by jmichlins(m): 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
there's no curse as deadly as APC and Buhari. I curse the day the two came into existence. The government already had the plans Dangote just let the cat out of the bag

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by jmichlins(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
where are the money generated from loot recovery, Tsa, removal of subsidy and a whole lot of other alleged money

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by PentiumProf: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Chubhie:
You spoke my mind
Is it 2016 that is coming to an end that they are funding it's budget
Apc and buhari are bunch of fools

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Paperwhite(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
jmichlins:
there's no curse as deadly as APC and Buhari. I curse the day the two came into existence. The government already had the plans Dangote just let the cat out of the bag
No wonder Buhari just woke up one day demanding for shocked "emergency powers".Guess Nigerians can now clearly see the fraud called APC? Giving the privilege,these fraudsters in government will never mind attempting to sell us & this country. undecided cry

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Justiyke4u: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
This is not making any sense but what about the recovered loot?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
Paperwhite:
APC have reach the peak of their lies & cluelessness.What becomes of all the recovered,borrowed & all the media propaganda monies.By the time another government will unearth all APC's corruption in future time,Nigerians will surely curse the day they allow these crooks into our political space.#CHANGEISALLABOUTLIES&SCAM.
I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections under a different moniker. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.

215 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Bizibi(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Some of their lies can wake abacha from his grave.....

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
What a government, what a country smh.cry

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by jmoore(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
2017- APC led government sells National assets to fund budget.

2018, what will they sell? Mumu government.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by newbornmacho(m): 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
jmichlins:
I am as pained as you are, bro, may all those who sold this death to Nigerians never know peace.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Paperwhite(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dutchboy:

I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.
My dear thank providence you find out earlier as APC's lies being repeatedly told tend to appear as truth.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
jmoore:
2017- APC led government sells National assets to fund budget.

2018, what will they sell? Mumu government.

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
Paperwhite:
My dear thank providence you find out earlier as APC's lies being repeatedly told tend to appear as truth.
Some zombies still support them after seeing them for what they really are,scammers!I tried to have hope and believe the sincerity and anti-corruption campaign was being persued with vigour.
I eventually started to see the hypocrisy when Buhari did'nt probe Buratai and Dambazau despite being exposed for having properties in Dubai and USA respectively.
APC are wolves in sheep clothing,at least PDP made no pretence about their stance 'stealing is not corruption',but APC pretends to be saints and they are even bigger scammers than PDP.

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lalasticlala, are you seeing the ominous and wanton decisions of this govt?? angry

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Abeymills(m): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
I wish I can lay my hands on any of those zombies buharis robots here coming 2 defend thier clueles wicked useles greedy god

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by ojmaroni247(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Chai dis pple done conclude Oh, Dem just use dangote to pass the message.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by OlujobaSamuel: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
what's this thrash for? are you selling or not, if you are, list the assets you are selling. all this tori no be wetin we need, explain your plan to that man on the street in ABC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by tuniski: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
It is now super clear to all that apc is an error.
Never again will we be scam by empty mantra!
Buhari= recession!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by sultaan(m): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Well you can lay your hands on me, and you will say the blessings God has put in your heart.

If only you people will stop looking at APC/PDP and start looking at Nigeria you will be in a better shape when this hits the ground.

Go back to the farm tomorrow morning and stop wasting valuable data to spew APC/PDP feud messages.

Look up what is happening in Venezuela(Nigeria's problem worsen from self imposed embargo), Saudi's budget deficit.

Nigeria has been a welfare state for too long now its time for everyone to take care of his family not the party stalwart paying your stipend.

Those that go to the farm first will make money while commodity price is high, when everyone hits the farm food prices will fall because most will be self sufficient. Think how did Nigerians lived and flourish in the early 80's oil was $13/barrel and if you were not born by then good thing the young ones learn very fast

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Abeg when will they sell the coat of arms?

I just want the roses on the green grass. At least politicians would not appreciate it.

Nonsense

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Attahari: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Wat dah fvck is dat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Dottore: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Obasanjo sold NITEL
GEJ sold NEPA
Buhari wants to sell NLNG

His successor will Sell Coal Corporation, Water Corporation, Railway Corporation and others till it will remain to sell Aso Rock especially as we have started hearing about its house rent and so, then they will sell Government Houses and eventually Local Government Secretariats. Who knows one day government workers will be placed in batches for auction and sales.
Very mysterious country.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by anonimi: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2016

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by bonechamberlain(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Is this not madness

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by wolu4: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
newbornmacho:

I am as pained as you are, bro, may all those who sold this death to Nigerians never know peace.
AMEN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Allwility: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2016
Who's advising these people?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2016
Chai!! Dem go sell us all to fund 2018 budget.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Did Nothing For Igbos – Amaechi Explodes / Sunday Igboho: Stop Chasing Shadow – Ozekhome Tells FG / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.