Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Faith And Fear Examined - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith And Fear Examined (643 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith And Fear Examined by Winifred468(f): 3:40am On Sep 28, 2016
FAITH AND FEAR
TODAY · PUBLIC
If Faith is the required gear on the journey with God; Fear is the vehicle that takes you to the expected end.

Faith encourages you to know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
Fear drums it into your ears that without Him you can do nothing.

Faith helps you to carry heavy loads for kingdom purposes.
Fear is the divine counter balancing weight that prevents you from tripping over.

Without Faith, you cannot obey and serve God.
Without Fear, disobedience, disharmony and blasphemy can overtake Faith.

Your Faith cannot endure for long without the Fear of the LORD.

You need Faith to go far with God.

The Fear of the LORD will keep you humble and out of trouble with Him.

Having the Fear of God in you has its lifelong blessings. Psalms 128 , so also does Faith. Hebrews 11.

If you have Faith without Fear, you are not balanced.

When you fear the LORD, you add length of days to your life. Proverbs 10:27 and your Faith is the victory that overcomes the World. 1 John 5:4.

The fear of man is a snare. Proverbs 29:25.

Fear God alone. Isaiah 8:13.

#FaithandFearexamined
Comment
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by orunto27: 5:34am On Sep 28, 2016
Christ is The Faith. Fear is Peace.
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by menxer: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2016
If fear is the vehicle faith drives, evil is the house that good lives.

Meaning we need fear/evil to achieve faith/good, abi?
Good reasoning

Fear is not an attribute of God but love is, so why live in fear to please God?

1 Like

Re: Faith And Fear Examined by Winifred468(f): 11:45am On Sep 28, 2016
menxer:
If fear is the vehicle faith drives, evil is the house that good lives.

Meaning we need fear/evil to achieve faith/good, abi?
Good reasoning

Fear is not an attribute of God but love is, so why live in fear to please God?

You mean it?
You're really insinuating that we don't have to live in fear to please God?
Now let's examine this and reason together

"The LORD of Hosts, Him you shall hallow; let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread" Isaiah 8:13
While I'm not disputing the fact that Love is an attribute of God, I must also iron this out that there's always a balance in what God does.
Though He is merciful and is our help in difficult situations yet you must come to the understanding that He is a consuming fire.
When you operate with the fear of God, it is not fear in the gruesome sense but the fear that pushes you to sail (not minding the weatherman's report) as soon as God's instructions are clear.

Faith comes by hearing, the Fear of God comes by knowing.

The 3 Hebrew boys, Shadrah, Meshach and Abed-Nego knew God and feared Him, he delivered them from the fiery furnace which burnt even the guards that threw them in there.
When the King asked them who would deliver them from the furnace, they answered him that he doesn't need to know who will. Daniel 3:16.

ISAIAH 51:12-16
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by menxer: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Winifred468:

You mean it?

"The LORD of Hosts, Him you shall hallow; let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread" Isaiah 8:13
While I'm not disputing the fact that Love is an attribute of God, I must also iron this out that there's always a balance in what God does.
Though He is merciful and is our help in difficult situations yet you must come to the understanding that He is a consuming fire.
When you operate with the fear of God, it is not fear in the gruesome sense but the fear that pushes you to sail (not minding the weatherman's report) as soon as God's instructions are clear.

The 3 Hebrew boys, Shadrah, Meshach and Abed-Nego knew God and feared Him, he delivered them from the fiery furnace which burnt even the guards that threw them in there.
When the King asked them who would deliver them from the furnace, they answered him that he doesn't need to know who will. Daniel 3:16.

Please relate your position to these:

“God is love”
—1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

The above describes the attributes of my God and my belief.

Fear thrives in an atmosphere of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Faith And Fear Examined by Winifred468(f): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
menxer:

Please relate your position to these:

“God is love”
—1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

The above describes the attributes of my God and my belief.

Fear thrives in an atmosphere of ignorance.

Thanks.
We all are learning
I already stated that the Fear I am talking about is not fear in its gruesome sense.
Fearing God is honoring, obeying, listening to, and above all, reverencing Him.
The passage you quoted implies that one need not be afraid of the one that loves you.
If you Fear God, you love Him, and vice versa.
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by menxer: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
Winifred468:

Thanks.
We all are learning
I already stated that the Fear I am talking about is not fear in its gruesome sense.
Fearing God is honoring, obeying, listening to, and above all, reverencing Him.
The passage you quoted implies that one need not be afraid of the one that loves you.
If you Fear God, you love Him, and vice versa.

You are confusing yourself.

The Bible says clearly, "there is no fear in love" and you are trying to define fear to justify your misconception of God. It does not follow.

In nursery school one is taught the alphabets and numbers but not calculus, would a nursery pupil understand the principles of calculus?

Understanding the concept of love is like calculus to some Christians.
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by Kay17: 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
Winifred468:

You mean it?

What makes you think that God would swoop in like an eagle to protect the righteous?!
Re: Faith And Fear Examined by Winifred468(f): 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
In 1 Sam 2:30, He says He will honor those that honor Him.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it and is safe

(1) (Reply)

Did Mary Remain A Virgin After The Birth Of Christ? / Muslims Come Lets Try This Age Trick With Quran 114 Pages / Thread For Christians And Islam To Share Religious Views.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.