Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 (2567 Views)

Tecno Set To Unleash SPARK Series In 24 Hours / 24 Hours With Tecno's Latest Tablet. / Iphone 7 Claimed To Have Been Jailbroken In Just 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by cyber5(m): 5:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Not even a month has passed since the release of the Apple iPhone 7 and the iOS 10. And, a 19-year-old hacker, known as qwertyoruiop, has managed to jailbreak the iPhone 7 in just 24 hours. He tweeted the screenshot evidence of the jailbreak. However, he won’t be disclosing the jailbreak process until Apple releases the relevant patches.
Jailbreaking iPhones has been there since the time of the original iPhone. In 2007, George Hotz (Geohot), an American hacker jailbroke the original iPhone. His motivation was to remove carrier restrictions from the device. Nowadays, you don’t have to be a hacker to jailbreak your iOS device. We have advanced, easy-to-use and completely untethered jailbreaks.
Luca Todesco (qwertyoruiop), has managed to jailbreak the new iPhone 7. It took him around 24 hours to exploit some bugs and vulnerabilities in the iOS 10 running on the iPhone 7. He was able to gain “root” privileges on the Apple device.

obligatory cydia screenshot pic.twitter.com/peSF0kVNBh
— qwertyoruiop
(@qwertyoruiopz)

“They definitely made my life harder,” he told Motherboard. “The iPhone 7 is a step in the right direction. Obviously, it’s not 100 percent secure—like nothing else is.”
Todesco won’t be revealing how he jailbroke the iPhone 7 until Apple releases a patch for the vulnerabilities. He is planning to submit his finding in Apple’s bug bounty program. Till then, he will work on making the jailbreak smoother.
It is believed that Todesco is the first person to have successfully jailbroken the iPhone 7 but other people will figure out the method soon. It’s possible, some people might’ve done that already but they haven’t revealed their findings.
“I don’t but given his track record, I wouldn’t be surprised,” an Apple spokesperson said when asked if Apple knows whether Todesco’s jailbreak is legit.
Todesco is not a first-time jailbreaker. He is a renowned and trusted name in the bug hunter community. In August, he jailbroke the iPhone 6S running iOS 9.3.4 and tweeted the image.
— Via Motherboard

https://fossbytes.com/just-24-hours-teen-hacker-jailbreaks-apple-iphone-7/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Turks: 5:27am On Sep 28, 2016
LoooooooL...Nothing's ever 100% secure. You just have to know where to look. smiley
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by cyberdurable(m): 5:29am On Sep 28, 2016
grin
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Abbeyme: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2016
Oya na. Where is the image?

BTW, When will a Nigerian ever jailbreak an Apple device, WHEN!!

Na only to change screen and sell fake charger we sabi ne?

5 Likes

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 28, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by DrRasheed: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2016
Invite him to do same to our economy.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Darkseid(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2016
I still dey reason how to jailbreak my guy chinco iphone 6. Anybody with the guy contacts, make he help me with am.
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by fotadmowmend(m): 6:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Bravo!
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 28, 2016
U serious

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2016
Abbeyme:
Oya na. Where is the image?

BTW, When will a Nigerian ever jailbreak an Apple device, WHEN!!

Na only to change screen and sell fake charger we sabi ne?
And also free browsing cheat grin grin
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Cutehector(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2016
DrRasheed:
Invite him to do same to our economy.. grin
your head is there grin

1 Like

Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by wittyt98(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Lwkm this guys re wicked grin grin
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by Abbeyme: 9:50am On Sep 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Truly, truly I say unto you... sad
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by piperson(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2016
mtcheew

something I did the day they released the fone

#iranu lipsrsealed
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by gemale(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
piperson:
mtcheew

something I did the day they released the fone

#iranu lipsrsealed
Pics or idonbelivit....
Re: In Just 24 Hours, Teen Hacker Jailbreaks The New Apple Iphone 7 by cyber5(m): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
gemale:

Pics or idonbelivit....

leave am make im dey blab

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Love Phantom 8's Helio P25 CPU / X-TIGI Tablet For Sale / Umidigi Power 3 Vs Tecno Camon 15 Pro: Budget Vs Flagship!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.