Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) (27229 Views)

Man Connived With Doctor To Remove His Wife's Womb, When She Found, She Did This / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by eyinjuege: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2016
In fact, the husband should be on his knees thanking the surgeons, and the hospital for saving his wife's life.
Is it not better the womb is removed than she bleeds to death?

At least she's got 4 children.

She had a ruptured uterus, and was probably bleeding like mad into her abdomen. They're lucky the child was even still alive.

There is a connection between the bladder and the womb, as one is behind and on top of the other.

A person with labour that is obstructed and is prolonged which is probably the case in this woman can equally lead to damage to the bladder. The baby's head had probably pressed too much on the bladder during the prolonged labour, just as is seen in cases of young girls with VVF.
She will have the rubber in her bladder for some time till the bladder heals. She's even lucky it was picked on time before she truly becomes a case of full blown VVF.

He should blame his baby with the big head angry

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by mummyf(f): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2016
i think the doctors did what they had to do. he should even be happy the wife and child came out alive.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2016
Let me add my voice and give an informed medical advice to the laymen here talking out of ignorance .
The health center of First referral, most likely a maternity home did all the damage and quickly referred her when the situation got out of hand.
Now she likely has a VesicoViginaFistula (VVF) as part of complications from prolonged labour and a complicated C/S done.
The husband has no case here as the hospital where the surgery was done took all known medical and legal precautions In Case issues like this came up. Take them to any court on earth, they would win this case, the plaintiff would only end up being milked dry by his lawyers. ... . Didnt he read the content of the "surgical consent" he signed ?
Lesson to all and sundry : do the proper thing when it comes to health, don't cut corners by going to "cheaper" chemists and quacks.
Many mismanaged cases are referred to the General Hospital where I work and they always end up spending more money (for the few we can salvage) than they would have done if they came here directly

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by guass(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2016
MadCow1:
OMG!!! shocked

The Hospital has not done wrong at all.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by AwesomeHIM: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2016
Receive sense in Jesus name......Amen

HungerBAD:
Chinedu should pay up.

This is a classic tale of giving a dog (the hospital)a bad name,so they can hang him.

I mean,the wife was rushed from another hospital to this one,so her life could be saved.

So the husband and the lawyer should not authoritatively pin it on this hospital,as the woman's womb could have been damaged from the last hospital and this hospital saved the wive's life.

Chinedu is trying to be smart here.

Why did Chinedu and his lawyer not petition the other hospital?a hospital your wife was rushed from bleeding profusely?

Truth is,if Chinedu had paid the Hospital their money,he would have taken his wife home.

Another suspicious thing about this matter is the Cheque thing. Why did the Pastor not Cash his own Cheque,and then give the cash to Chinedu to offset the bill?that tells me they wanted to give the hospital a dud (bad)cheque.

Chinedu and his Lawyer's story not passing the smell test.

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by AwesomeHIM: 11:37am On Sep 28, 2016
Receive sense in Jesus name......Amen

eyinjuege:
In fact, the husband should be on his knees thanking the surgeons, and the hospital for saving his wife's life.
Is it not better the womb is removed than she bleeds to death?

At least she's got 4 children.

She had a ruptured uterus, and was probably bleeding like mad into her abdomen. They're lucky the child was even still alive.

There is a connection between the bladder and the womb, as one is behind and on top of the other.

A person with labour that is obstructed and is prolonged which is probably the case in this woman can equally lead to damage to the bladder. The baby's head had probably pressed too much on the bladder during the prolonged labour, just as is seen in cases of young girls with VVF.
She will have to rubber in her bladder for some time till the bladder heals. She's even lucky it was picked on time before she truly becomes a case of full blown VVF.

He should blame his baby with the big head angry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Boyooosa(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2016
U sound like a professional in the field. But my concern is I told the Pastor not to Marry a pro all in the name of salvaging her. See now!
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by julianaaaron(f): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2016
The Woman Was Brought In Wit Complicatns, The Doctors Saved Her Life, Found Out They Culd Do Nothing To Help Wit The Damaged Womb N Removn It Was The Only Option..Haba! Dem Try O! Five Children Neva Do Them, Why Is He Fightn N Goin To Court, Abi Na Ten Dem B Plan.
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2016
Same way they removed my in law's womb. Seriously, there are many quack doctors out there and it's scary.
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Sagbabarin: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2016
He paid thirty thousand naira out of 150k, yet services commenced. Where else could he get that except from hospital

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by 7lives: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2016
seXytOhbAd:

You are spot on!!!!! Nigerians look for ways to eat their cake and have it. If his wife was not admitted, he would come and say they(the hospital) let his wife die.

Obstructed labour if poorly managed can lead to complications and the director clearly stated the rationale behind their actions. The hospital should counter sue.

All those blaming Nigerian doctors are fools.

As in some people gidi gan o, if the hospital had rejected his wife he could have even wail tribalism, abeg make the man pay up jor.
Most of them will claim they want to pray it out even when all indicators are red, only to take an emergency decision at the last minute.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by martineinstein(m): 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
vimi:
I think he shud be celebrating life not pressing charges undecided
smh for u
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by martineinstein(m): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sagbabarin:
He paid thirty thousand naira out of 150k, yet services commenced. Where else could he get that except from hospital
becos he didnt pay fully,they shud remover her womb abi?.....smh for ur ignorance
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by prothrombin(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Admins pls send this to the front page for the interest of the general public..

Let me come in here cos i quite understand wat may have transpired, being a medical doctor

The woman in question may have been badly managed at the delivery house where she was initially. Here she comes with prolonged obstructed labour and uterine rupture from their unorthodox and dangerous manouvres.

Only an emergency caesarian section can ever bring out the woman and the baby alive. But again, she had uterine rupture. any doctor any where in the world would surely see how to repair the rupture and reduce the bleeding or else she would die. but in many cases attempts at repairing the rupture can be impossible if the tear is big and the bleeding torrential. among other things, a hysterectomy ( removal of the womb) is indicated here as a last resort. we are talking of life and death here. that is the standard everywhere in the world.

the cathether ( pipe) they inserted which they alleged was not removed after some days was for a purpose.
Catheters stay at least 10 days following obstructed labour. the aim is to allow the bladder to rest or else the woman will have a VVF, which she likely already had, from the malhandling at the previous delivery house before she was referred.

the doctors acted in the interest of the the patient. they should go back and kneel before the doctors and thank them profusely. is that how they want to pay back? Going to court? let them go to court. the doctors will be vindicated anywhere in this world.
we are talking of life and death here and here is someone talking about a womb that was removed. how is that?

the whole lessson here is that proper counselling and taking informed consent is very important.
For the layman, dnt sign anything that you dont understand. pls ask questions.
lastly, patients and their relations must learn gratitude after a life saving intervention of this enormous magnitude.
thank you.

pls Admins sent to front page for the enlightenment of the general public.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by DrClay(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
mpu0001:
for those of u who castigate the Dr without knowing the case in question. it is more grievous for the hospital to have a case of severe uterine rupture with complication and fail to do total hysterectomy it is an error without pardon, if the woman dies. so if he want to sue let him sue the maternity where the woman was given antenatal care and labour. no matter how u hate the doctors you will always need them.

Nice comment...
What people don't even understand is that emergency hysterectomy is one of the few emergency procedures that does not require a CONSENT in dire cases, where saving the life of the woman is utmost priority..
He even signed.. !!!
Kudos to the hospital..

This does not erase my empathy for the woman in this case...

Lot of lessons to learn from this for aspiring mothers...

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by SURElee(f): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
Why didn't he read before signing or asked for explanation on what he was about to sign? So if it was his own death sentence, that is how he would have appended his own signature?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Smooth278(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chinedu should pay up.

This is a classic tale of giving a dog (the hospital)a bad name,so they can hang him.

I mean,the wife was rushed from another hospital to this one,so her life could be saved.

So the husband and the lawyer should not authoritatively pin it on this hospital,as the woman's womb could have been damaged from the last hospital and this hospital saved the wive's life.

Chinedu is trying to be smart here.

Why did Chinedu and his lawyer not petition the other hospital?a hospital your wife was rushed from bleeding profusely?

Truth is,if Chinedu had paid the Hospital their money,he would have taken his wife home.

Another suspicious thing about this matter is the Cheque thing. Why did the Pastor not Cash his own Cheque,and then give the cash to Chinedu to offset the bill?that tells me they wanted to give the hospital a dud (bad)cheque.

Chinedu and his Lawyer's story not passing the smell test.

Thanks brother... There is hope for Nigeria yet... After seeing alot of stupid posts this one hits the nail on the head.... The idiot even has 4 children sef and this is the fifth... No doctor will remove the uterus of a woman except if indicated... His wife was bleeding seriously.... Simple question, your wife dead with her womb or her alive without it...

Bladder injuries will heal after some time with the catheter..
From all indications the hospital acted in good faith and with professionalism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by idu1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
BrutalJab:

Will you keep shut and use your brain for once It's not by first to comment Mr man

Wetin this one dey talk?

I know, you want all of us to start hurling insult on the hospital. The hospital did a good job. The woman was mismanaged from the hospital that referred her or they did their best too.

Its just one of the complications that can occur in labour.

We should not forget her age too, to me she is old to give birth again.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by stchinedu: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2016
It will be unfair to draw conclusion without a good thought about the incident.

# Chinedu's wife was brought to the hospital when the first hospital, where she did her antenatal, 'could not deliver her of the baby...

* was a referral letter given by the first hospital? At least, a referral letter will explain what is wrong and the health history of the patient.
* We know how hospitals dodge responsibility when the situation is out of hand...they refer a patient when they know it has gotten to a bad state and by that. shift the 'wahala' to the relative of the patient and the new hospital.
* From the story, the hospital where the woman did her antenatal had already started the delivery but referred her when they did not succeed...An indication of serious complication. Apparently, the damage was done before she was referred.

# Chinedu singed a second document without reading the content....

* This is particularly funny...as a Pastor, it is expected that he is learned. How can he not read the content, at least read the heading of what he was appending his signature on? It is fishy.

* The hospital actually sought his knowledge when they brought the document for him to sign...If the intention was shady, the operation would have been carried out without his knowledge. They operated within the medical etiquette.

# They delayed his wife...

*This is normal...they delayed her to clear the cheque. After all, he did not say they charged him for the days his wife spent in the hospital.
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Kassidy90(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
BrutalJab:

Will you keep shut and use your brain for once It's not by first to comment Mr tn
Why? I know the particular hospital in question they are one of the best in the area, many people don't knw wat it means to be the only thing between a patient n death and with my personal experience with patients I smell foul play but all I pray God should give the woman a speedy recovery..
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by kolgs(f): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
vimi:
I think he shud be celebrating life not pressing charges undecided

this same thing happen to my neighbour , she was having the second kid, we took her to lasuth after the delivery cos she was having issue with her bladder it was after 9 months they eventually corrected the bladder issue. is not really a big problem. They had better start thanking the doctor and pay him his money, cos it's not his fault ooo. this thing have being killing mothers not today. Even my Doctor wife died from this issue in another hospital, cos is not in their profession to take delievery of their wife, so they took her to a big hospital in Lagos where she had the first 2kids, after the delivery she was bleeding seriously and there was no other doctor to operate her to remove the womb, my Doc even agreed to operate her wife but the staff was just giving him flimsy escuse, and he took his wife away there to Luth they were just on their way the woman gave up, it was so painful.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by andyanders: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
The hospital cannot be held responsible for her situation as they were not the one that was managing the woman's health. She did not register with the hospital that handled her complication.

I do understand her family predicament and pray God heel her and make a way for the bill to be sorted out.

For taking the steps by going through a legal system will not help matters out here, rather would complicate her case.
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by BrutalJab: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
idu1:

Wetin this one dey talk?

Wetin you come dey yarn self?
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Smooth278(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
prothrombin:
Admins pls send this to the front page for the interest of the general public..

Let me come in here cos i quite understand wat may have transpired, being a medical doctor

The woman in question may have been badly managed at the delivery house where she was initially. Here she comes with prolonged obstructed labour and uterine rupture from their unorthodox and dangerous manouvres.

Only an emergency caesarian section can ever bring out the woman and the baby alive. But again, she had uterine rupture. any doctor any where in the world would surely see how to repair the rupture and reduce the bleeding or else she would die. but in many cases attempts at repairing the rupture can be impossible if the tear is big and the bleeding torrential. among other things, a hysterectomy ( removal of the womb) is indicated here as a last resort. we are talking of life and death here. that is the standard everywhere in the world.

the cathether ( pipe) they inserted which they alleged was not removed after some days was for a purpose.
Catheters stay at least 10 days following obstructed labour. the aim is to allow the bladder to rest or else the woman will have a VVF, which she likely already had, from the malhandling at the previous delivery house before she was referred.

the doctors acted in the interest of the the patient. they should go back and kneel before the doctors and thank them profusely. is that how they want to pay back? Going to court? let them go to court. the doctors will be vindicated anywhere in this world.
we are talking of life and death here and here is someone talking about a womb that was removed. how is that?

the whole lessson here is that proper counselling and taking informed consent is very important.
For the layman, dnt sign anything that you dont understand. pls ask questions.
lastly, patients and their relations must learn gratitude after a life saving intervention of this enormous magnitude.
thank you.

pls Admins sent to front page for the enlightenment of the general public.

Gbam, u have said it all.... The pastor is likely presenting a dud cheque that will bounce... The money he used to hire the lawyer can't he pay his bills with that? If they had refused to attend to the patient without payment people will be here shouting but her life has been saved after the heroics of the doctors and after the whole ordeal he does not want to pay... BTW he has 4 children already this is the 5th...

That being said I think the family of the woman will benefit from proper counseling...

This might also be a strategy to escape payment of the hospital bill
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Clairvoyant(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Chai.. our doctors have done it again...
Sharraappp.... doctors did nothing. ignorance did something...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Smooth278(m): 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
martineinstein:
becos he didnt pay fully,they shud remover her womb abi?.....smh for ur ignorance

My brother pls try and do some research before commenting k... Will save alot of issues ... Please read up the coments of people in the relevant field and be educated.. if it's not your field then don't claim knowledge ... Also insulting someone from a position of insufficient knowledge is in bad taste.... Good day
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by martineinstein(m): 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Smooth278:

My brother pls try and do some research before commenting k... Will save alot of issues ... Please read up the coments of people in the relevant field and be educated.. if it's not your field then don't claim knowledge ... Also insulting someone from a position of insufficient knowledge is in bad taste.... Good day
whatz diz one saying....dont display ur quackery,recklessly.....the doctors were incompetent,simple.i am from a family of doctors and optometrist/opthalmologist.so,dont act smart here....he should be lucky dat the ugly incident didnt happen abroad.
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by martineinstein(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
Smooth278:

Thanks brother... There is hope for Nigeria yet... After seeing alot of stupid posts this one hits the nail on the head.... The idiot even has 4 children sef and this is the fifth... No doctor will remove the uterus of a woman except if indicated... His wife was bleeding seriously.... Simple question, your wife dead with her womb or her alive without it...

Bladder injuries will heal after some time with the catheter..
From all indications the hospital acted in good faith and with professionalism
with d way u are defending hospital,it seems u work there...smh
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by nervorum: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
Islie:

http://punchng.com/pastor-tackles-lagos-hospital-removing-wifes-womb/

I didn't quite read the whole story to the end, after i saw a lawyer involved:

This is a straight forward case, the following appears to be what happenned:

Woman had an obstetric complication; poorly managed, maybe from a maternity home

This led to uterine rupture, considering her parity,and in order to save her life, hysterectomy had to be done.

When woman presented, surgeons thot they could handle the pregnancy, but alas to salvage mother, d womb has to be sacrificed. They did what was best, but because they did not anticipate doing a hysterectomy, did not seek consent earlier, so had to do it peri-op.

My thots:

The hospital could be adjudged wrong in respect of seeking consent, but not in the judgement made. They did what they considered best for her in line with best obstetric practice.

Would the man would have preferred if the woman had died with her womb? it really would have been better for the hospital, the lawyer, himself and the children she would have left behind.

Nobody would ask what choice the woman would have made if she was not the one on the table.

Healthcare providers need to be very careful. In an attempt to be heroic and save lives, many have been 'burnt'.
Emergency surgeries are akin to being at the battle front, sometimes instant decisions have to be made. if patient or their relatives are unwilling, why bother..

Again, i have not heard from the man, this is just all assumptions so my judgement could be wrong
Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by Dimaya: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Optometrists are not medical doctors.
martineinstein:
whatz diz one saying....dont display ur quackery,recklessly.....the doctors were incompetent,simple.i am from a family of doctors and optometrist/opthalmologist.so,dont act smart here....he should be lucky dat the ugly incident didnt happen abroad.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) by ziga: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Uterine rupture is an emergency that sometimes can only be fixed by removing the Uterus.

Unfortunately, healthcare is a sad state in Nigeria and a lot of unsuspecting pregnant mothers end up with unqualified/untrained pretenders during childbirth who lead them into complications.

Husband should go after the initial people that were taking care of him. The case should be investigated and if they are culpable of neglect, then thy should pay damages.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hit And Run: Policewoman, Utabor Helen, Cries For Help / Nursing Mother Detained For 7 Months In Lagos Hospital Over N90,000 Unpaid Bill / Health Benefits Of Drinking Water Early In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.