Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's (513 Views)

Between Wordpress And Blogger Which One Is Better??? / Wordpress Vs Blogger : Advantages They Both Have - Techhinfo / Wordpress Or Blogger; Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2016
As a newbie in blogosphere, you might be confused on which platform you will have your blog built on, either self hosted (wordpress) or free hosted (blogger), as for me, that is a beginner in blogging, i prefer free hosted, to test my knowledge and to see if i will make it in blogging before advancing to self hosted blog.
Now let me start by free hosted blog (blogger).
Free hosted blog is easy to setup, now these are the pros in free hosting account
• It is easy to setup, no coding skills required
• You don't have to worry about the maintenance of the server, you are hosted on
• Your blog comes with a free subdomain, e.g yourname..com, you can add your custom domain later
• No matter how much traffic, you get your blog will never go offline
• To crown it all, it is free except you want to upgrage to some premium plans
Now that we have the pros, why not let me highlight the the cons
These are the cons of free hosted account
• You are not the primary owner of the blog, you have created
• Incase of copyright infringement, google might take down your blog
• You can't actually design your blog to your taste
• No use of plugins, unlike self hosted blog
• Bad site navigation
We have seen both the pros and cons of hosting a blog on blogger platform, now let's take a look at self hosted (wordpress).
Pros of self hosted account
• You are the primary owner of the blog
• The maintenance and look of the blog is on your hands
• You make use of plugins
• You can have the opportunity to own a custom email address like yourname@thedomain.com
Let's take a look at the cons
Cons of self hosted account
• The burden of server maintenance is on your head
• You will be restless ( have experience it before)
• Too much coding required to design your blog
• Wordpress hosting doesn't make use of visual editor
No matter how the cons are in self hosted blog, i think it wins it all, but some of us bloggers want free things (it's normal), that's why i myself prefer blogger platform for a startup, before advancing to self hosted.

http://www.slashnec.tk/2016/09/self-hosted-wordpress-vs-free-hosted.html

cc: Lalasticlala come in here
Re: Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's by MxtaMichealz(m): 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
hello am listening, lalasticlala check it out
Re: Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's by techinfong: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Guy your topic headlines are always annoying,it looks like you want us to help but you are the one helping undecided
Re: Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
techinfong:
Guy your topic headlines are always annoying,it looks like you want us to help but you are the one helping undecided
ok dude
Re: Self-hosted (wordpress) Vs Free-hosted (blogger), Which Is Better - Slashnec's by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
Everything you wrote is rubbish...
You can design blogger blog to your taste maybe you don't know how to do it

(1) (Reply)

I Need App/web Developer / Free Seo Tool For Blogger / 7 Annoying Practices that Can Chase Readers Away From Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.