Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

US School Oks Educating With Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US School Oks Educating With Satan (1136 Views)

Masked Ghanaian Pastor: I Lived With Satan For 17 Years & Killed 675 People / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / Muhammed Claims Satan Farts And Flees During Muslim Call To Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US School Oks Educating With Satan by plaetton: 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
https://www.rt.com/usa/360910-satan-club-oregon-school/

afterschoolsatan.com
School clubs are a way to meet friends while enjoying a hobby – but if your kid hates sports and couldn’t care less about chess, they can join the ‘After School Satan Club.’ An Oregon school has approved the group which aims to counter a Christian club.
After campaigning under the slogan ‘Educatin’ with Satan,’ the Portland chapter of the national organization of The Satanic Temple received the go-ahead to start the ‘After School Satan Club’ at Sacramento Elementary School.

One of the heads of the chapter, Finn Rezz, told The Oregonian that the group has been approved to begin on October 19, and will focus on “science and rational thinking.” It will be held once a month on Wednesdays, at the same time as the Good News Club – a Christian group run by the Child Evangelism Fellowship, which has around 78,000 chapters worldwide.

Rezz said in August that the Satan club will promote “benevolence and empathy for everybody,” which he said is in direct contrast to the Good News Club, which teaches “hellfire.”

The Satanic Temple has been specifically targeting schools that have a Good News Club. Among other schools, the group wrote to the Los Angeles Unified School District, in a letter that was published by The Washington Post.

Allow ‘After-School Satan’ programs or face costly lawsuits, school told
In the letter, The Satanic Temple says that meetings will typically include a “healthy snack, literature lesson, creative learning activities, science lesson, problem solving, and art project.” It goes on to state that club meetings will be led by “caring Satanists from local chapters in the community near the school.”

John Luck, director of global partnership for the Child Evangelism Fellowship, said that while he agrees that members of The Satanic Temple have a right to meet in schools just like the Good News Club, he believes the program will fade away due to lack of interest.

Despite its name, most members of the Satanic Temple identify as atheists – not devil worshipers. Founded in 2014, the religion is headquartered in Salem, Massachusetts. According to its website, it has 20 chapters across the US, as well as three European chapters in the Netherlands, Italy, and Finland. The largest chapter is located in Detroit, Michigan.
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by plaetton: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
Click yes if you think it's time Nigerian schools ought to start Educating with Satan, at least one tiny bit at a time.
I mean, we have been educating with god , his sons and prophets for quite a while now, and who promote hate , bigotry, threats of eternal cruelty, jihads, etc.

With emphasis on " science and rational thinking, benevolence and empathy " , Isn't it about time we tried something new ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
I believe religion should continue being taught in schools. It is good for us.

And I mean ALL religions smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by armadeo(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
L.p. are you a Satanist?

1 Like

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by johnydon22(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
Nigerian schools should rather teach the "African traditional religions and history" Satan is another Abrahamic construct and i think we have had enough of Abrahamism for a change.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by hahn(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
johnydon22:
Nigerian schools should rather teach the "African traditional religions and history" Satan is another Abrahamic construct and i think we have had enough of Abrahamism for a change.

Did you read the article?

1 Like

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by johnydon22(m): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
hahn:

Nope just saw yours ... Oopps

2 Likes

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by plaetton: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
hahn:

Lol.

I was just about to ask him same.

1 Like

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by plaetton: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
armadeo:
L.p. are you a Satanist?
Read the article.
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by hahn(m): 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Nope just saw yours ... Oopps

I was being sarcastic tongue
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by armadeo(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
plaetton:

Read the article.

I did. Pinjust wanted to know where you are coming from.

I always thought you were an atheist but now I just wonder.

1 Like

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by plaetton: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
armadeo:

I did. Pinjust wanted to know where you are coming from.

I always thought you were an atheist but now I just wonder.

You have missed the whole point.

Satan or Satanism , in this particular context, is a satirical, mock religion, just like the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink UNICORN adherents.
The whole idea is to use satire to sneak past your mental firewalls, to slowly stir up and activate the rational part of your mind to rise up and challenge the other irrational, primordial side.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by armadeo(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2016
plaetton:

You have missed the whole point.

Satan or Satanism , in this particular context, is a satirical, mock religion, just like the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink UNICORN adherents.
The whole idea is to use satire to sneak past your mental firewalls, to slowly stir up and activate the rational part of your mind to rise up and challenge the other irrational, primordial side.

Really.

I dont think the best satire to use would be Satan.

My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by urheme: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2016
plaetton:
Click yes if you think it's time Nigerian schools ought to start Educating with Satan, at least one tiny bit at a time.
I mean, we have been educating with god , his sons and prophets for quite a while now, and who promote hate , bigotry, threats of eternal cruelty, jihads, etc.

With emphasis on " science and rational thinking, benevolence and empathy " , Isn't it about time we tried something new ?

is Satan not a deity

What has science, rational thinking, benevolence and empathy got to do with any deity at all undecided

who is satan to you plaetton does it even exist in your world .

I'm only trying to understand you be4 i comment.
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by urheme: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2016
johnydon22:

grin grin
African traditional religion.

filt......filty

and that is not man's construction as well abi

you want to turn our children to barbarians.
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by macof(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2016
urheme:

grin grin

filt......filty

undecided so wole Soyinka, Chinua achebe, Fela ... jst a few people who I'm sure you know appreciate/d african traditionalism are/were babarians?

what could be more filthy than symbolically eating and drinking someone's flesh and blood ever so often?

how exactly does it being man's construction become a problem? And I thought people were being educated that it's not a religion but simply tradition and culture

1 Like

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by chacoonder(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Religion is becoming one of the greatest threat to humanity ,hence, let's see what ASSC has got to offer.
Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by johnydon22(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
urheme:

grin grin

filt......filty

I'm just tired on how you guys understand very simple thing and always arrogantly speak from a naive view.

Have decided to start ignoring quotes like this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by lepasharon(f): 1:01am On Oct 02, 2016
Why call it satan club ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US School Oks Educating With Satan by GooseBaba: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
urheme:

grin grin

filt......filty

You be heavy mumu..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Same Woman Used By Two Nigerian Pastors For The Same Miracle. / Evil Rain Destroys Traditional Wedding In Benin City (video) / Why Are Igbos Catholics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.