Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How To Prepare Oats With Microwave - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Oats With Microwave (1722 Views)

Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by Pweezy(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello Chefs,
Please I wanna find out t possibility of preparing oats meal with d help of microwave. This is because I have limited time to heat the oat on the gas at home and will wanna take it at the office.

Helpful tips will be appreciated.

thanks
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by JuanDeDios: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pweezy:
Hello Chefs,
Please I wanna find out t possibility of preparing oats meal with d help of microwave. This is because I have limited time to heat the oat on the gas at home and will wanna take it at the office.

Helpful tips will be appreciated.

thanks
You should prepare nothing with microwave. It's baaaaad! Find better alternatives.
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by Pweezy(m): 6:05am On Sep 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

You should prepare nothing with microwave. It's baaaaad! Find better alternatives.

Thanks, but any other way to achieve this in the office?
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by JuanDeDios: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Pweezy:

Thanks, but any other way to achieve this in the office?
Use a gas stove or an electric stove. But an oven is a good alternative for a microwave. People just need to get out of the "instant" craze.
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by Pweezy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Use a gas stove or an electric stove. But an oven is a good alternative for a microwave. People just need to get out of the "instant" craze.

ok...tnx
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by opeaceo: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
hopefully, this helps....

You can leave your oats soaked in a jar with fruit(s) of your choice, sugar/honey, plain yoghurt/milk, overnight, bring it out the next morning and just warm using the microwave. I prefer eating mine without warming, it tastes good.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by rainmaker12(m): 2:01am On Oct 09, 2016
1. Put a desired amount of oat in a ceramic or plastic bowl
2. Add water and stir ( I suggest adding lots of water like 30% oat 70% water)
3. Drop or sprinkle sugar as you wish and stir again (You can add salt, very little salt....trust me its nice)
4. Place in a microwave for 1min, bring it out, stir again and return to the microwave for another 1min (This duration is applicable to a "soup bowl" not too big, if you preparing more you can increase the time to 2 or 3mins intervals.
5. Repeat No.4 for another 1min. (Total time should be 3mins with good MW)
6. Add Milk and you are good.

Don't leave it straight 3mins in the MW if you want to enjoy it with milk and control the thickness. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by HerbalPro: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2016
Pour some oat into a ceramic bowl.
Add boiling water to your oatmeal until it's as thick or thin as you want it.
Place in the microwave and set time for one minute.
Take it out and stir.
Add more hot water if you feel it's too thick.
Mix in milk and honey or a little sugar.

Happy eating!
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by Pweezy(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
opeaceo:
hopefully, this helps....

You can leave your oats soaked in a jar with fruit(s) of your choice, sugar/honey, plain yoghurt/milk, overnight, bring it out the next morning and just warm using the microwave. I prefer eating mine without warming, it tastes good.

thanks...will give it a try
Re: How To Prepare Oats With Microwave by Pweezy(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
rainmaker12:
1. Put a desired amount of oat in a ceramic or plastic bowl
2. Add water and stir ( I suggest adding lots of water like 30% oat 70% water)
3. Drop or sprinkle sugar as you wish and stir again (You can add salt, very little salt....trust me its nice)
4. Place in a microwave for 1min, bring it out, stir again and return to the microwave for another 1min (This duration is applicable to a "soup bowl" not too big, if you preparing more you can increase the time to 2 or 3mins intervals.
5. Repeat No.4 for another 1min. (Total time should be 3mins with good MW)
6. Add Milk and you are good.

Don't leave it straight 3mins in the MW if you want to enjoy it with milk and control the thickness. grin

amma try this method!

(1) (Reply)

Air Fryer And Halogen Oven For Sale / . / How To Prepare Delicious Egg Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.