Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) (4604 Views)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
hi everyone, pls i need your help

ok , i bought this golf 4 from someone. i was told before i bought it that it has engine problem. however, i bought it and changed the engine only to detect gear box problem too. Eventually, i had to buy another gear box and the car start working. Altough, i dont know to how drive but my husband can drive. most of the time the car is always packed as my husband also has his own car. To cut the long story short, my hubby decided to take it out . he fuel it with 1k5 . he said the fuel didnt take him for 40km before it finished(altough the is very bad). and he was so surprise. he said he cant say much about Golf 4 since he is using golf 2.

To all users of Golf 4 , is it normal for it to consume that much? also i stay mpape and work in Gwarinpa, how much should i budget for fuel for a month as i will be resuming work next two months.

another problem am facing with the car is the steering rack. the steering rack is licking and tried buying another one in Zuba and it is even worse than mine.....what do i do next ? any other short cut?

pls i await your responses. thanks
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 5:32am On Sep 29, 2016
pls my people dont just read and pass. i need comment on what to do and how to go about it. i know so many people here will have answers pls help a sister out
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2016
u can also give me the link that is related to my topic or that can give more info on golf 4 automatic
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by diportivo: 5:46am On Sep 29, 2016
Car model year?

Engine size??

1k5 is 10ltrs of petrol.....assuming its an auto,we don't know if the last gear engaged

We don't know if bros even did van damme on the road

Driving pattern also affects fuel consumption

Lets just say u need to av ur car scanned actually

Changing engine and gear,anything cld av been tampered with.....a scan will reveal all of those

Ur leaking rack should be replaced with one that isn't leaking...no shortcut.......shortcuts leads to heartbreaks......

1 Like

Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Readonee35L(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2016
A Golf 4 with a replaced engine .hmmmmm
Am sure your mechanics must have done magics in that car.
Disconnected sensors e.t.c
Worst of all.
They might put 1.6L Golf 3 engine with carburetor.
What state do you reside in?
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2016
thanks so much @ diportivo .i really appreciate ur comments. To be sincere , i no little or nothing about cars. hubby said the engine is 2.0 but didnt tell me the car model year. concerning the scanning, how much does it take to scan a car?
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2016
@Readonee35L, i reside in Abuja

hubby said he is sure that the engine is 2.0 and its for Golf 4
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Readonee35L(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2016
kejibabe:
@Readonee35L, i reside in Abuja

hubby said he is sure that the engine is 2.0 and its for Golf 4
Are there warning lights on the dashboard.
Contact Kingreing
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2016
@Readonee35L,warning light as how?
the dashboard is functioning well i think
who is kingreing?
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by diportivo: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2016
kejibabe:
@Readonee35L,warning light as how?
the dashboard is functioning well i think
who is kingreing?

Kingreign is one of the ogas here

And his workshop is in abuja

He will be here soon to respond
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kejibabe(f): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2016
ok thanks

kingreign , am waiting for your response
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by nurey(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
1. Snap picture of engine bay
2. Snap picture of instrument cluster when the car is on
3. Is your fan run direct. I. E does fan start rolling immediately car is started even when engine is cold?
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by kingreign(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
kejibabe:
ok thanks

kingreign , am waiting for your response

goodafternoon madam, pls, call me on 07034581213. If youre patient enough, lets meet your car next week.
Thanks.
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by FLAKARIBE(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Kejibabe vs kingreign, following this thread. Please update us? Curious what was done to the golf 4. How tampered it was? Update pls....... Let us all learn.
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
You have to be specific on the car.

The engine capacity for a start. Is it 1600cc, 1800cc, or V6. Do you use automatic or manual transmission. Why did you replace engine and transmission on a vehicle you just bought.?

Golf 4 is a heavy car, and can be expensive to maintain. It is not a car for the people who spend N1500 on every 30 days. Thats just 10ltrs for a car with a 70 ltr tank way too small.

A golf 2 or 3 is better , economical and less problematic than that Golf 4.
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by whitejulius81: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
nurey:
1. Snap picture of engine bay
2. Snap picture of instrument cluster when the car is on
3. Is your fan run direct. I. E does fan start rolling immediately car is started even when engine is cold?
Pls I will really need your help on this No3 issue I also have a golf 4 and is consuming fuel which I've tried some possible mean by changing and repair some of the part, but I just discovered that, my Fan doesn't start immediately when I start the car until I raise the turtle or when the engine is little bit warm. Pls does this have any significant impact on how the car is consuming fuel. Pls I need more explanation. Despite my rewire told me that that was how the car was design so the the car will be at at once as the battery may not carry the engine if the fan start together with the engine. Pls help me out on that and I'll be greatful if you can reply me back thru my mail ( whitejulius81@gmail.com)
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by nurey(m): 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
whitejulius81:

Pls I will really need your help on this No3 issue I also have a golf 4 and is consuming fuel which I've tried some possible mean by changing and repair some of the part, but I just discovered that, my Fan doesn't start immediately when I start the car until I raise the turtle or when the engine is little bit warm. Pls does this have any significant impact on how the car is consuming fuel. Pls I need more explanation. Despite my rewire told me that that was how the car was design so the the car will be at at once as the battery may not carry the engine if the fan start together with the engine. Pls help me out on that and I'll be greatful if you can reply me back thru my mail ( whitejulius81@gmail.com)

your fan is not supposed to start blowing when car is just warming up. it is supposed to blow at a particular set temperature when the temp gauge is around 90 on your instrument cluster.

As for the fuel consumption thing, if you have your check engine light on, then a scan would reveal solution to that
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by whitejulius81: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
nurey:

your fan is not supposed to start blowing when car is just warming up. it is supposed to blow at a particular set temperature when the temp gauge is around 90 on your instrument cluster.

As for the fuel consumption thing, if you have your check engine light on, then a scan would reveal solution to that
Thanks but Check Engine light is not on but only show RED BRAKE WARNING blinking and yellow BRAKE PAD WARNING WITH ABS WARNIG

Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by nurey(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
whitejulius81:

Thanks but Check Engine light is not on but only show RED BRAKE WARNING blinking and yellow BRAKE PAD WARNING WITH ABS WARNIG

your issues
ABS malfunction
low brake oil
worn brake pads.

does your check engine light show at all. The bulb may be faulty or covered by someone. Scan car just to be sure not power train errors
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Readonee35L(m): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
nurey:

your issues
ABS malfunction
low brake oil
worn brake pads.

does your check engine light show at all. The bulb may be faulty or covered by someone. Scan car just to be sure not power train errors
That engine is not running . ignition is just on .
So all those warning lights might not mean a problem

1 Like

Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by olaremint(m): 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
u bought a dead body and u are asking for price to bring it alive, i always advise people, its better to buy a car far more expensive than its price but which is a very sound car than to buy a car far more cheaper than its price and which is a problematic one. by the time u start spending the change, you many not have coins again
Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Alvin007: 8:19am On Sep 18, 2018
olaremint:
u bought a dead body and u are asking for price to bring it alive, i always advise people, its better to buy a car far more expensive than its price but which is a very sound car than to buy a car far more cheaper than its price and which is a problematic one. by the time u start spending the change, you many not have coins again
She has bought the car and has obviously learnt one or two things...why chastise her with your words? Did she buy it with your money? The deed has already been done.. Oga...Why not state your advice and move on? She’s asking for opinions on how to make the car ‘better’..if you cant help, keep quiet and waka pass.

2 Likes

Re: Golf 4 Fuel Consumption( Automatic) by Kingscollege(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
olaremint:

you are mad u know why saying that rubbish ..if u can't help her then don't insult her as nobody is perfect
...so all the cars they are selling as tokunbo for people to buy on expensive rate is it all of them that is better ? most of dem tokunbo too are bad while people that bought them still has to spend huge money on them ..stop mocking people idiot..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2013 Toyota Camry Or 2010 Rx330 Which Should. I Go For? / Which Car Should I Go For? / Advice : I Want To Buy A Honda Accord EOD For Taxi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.