Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 (1015 Views)

The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. / Infinix S2 Pro To Debut In Nigeria On 24 / Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 by Salimmuhammad(m): 11:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
The talk about endorsing made in Nigeria products is now shifting in to the tech arena, moving away from the consumable products, we now have a tech company fighting its way to top of smart phone line. Enter Kosmos Mobile, a venture of Kosmos Innovation International a Nigerian company Owned by A young Nigerian entrepreneur, His name is Chris Ombeh. Aside from being a smart phone producing company KII also builds mobile apps and other related software. it takes a bold step for one to enter the production line, as the fierce competition is ever increasing. But for Chris he said

“I have always been fascinated by mobile phone technology”, Chris he says,”for me, this is an opportunity to play an active part in its
evolution”.

The journey:

After he made his decision to enter the business, chris gathered all the material he could find on mobile phone design. took a trip to China, hooked up with the manufacturers who would eventually produce his designs.

As of this writing the phones only have two Prototypes.

here are the specs

Hardware and design

-The Kosmos Mobile has all the makings of a mid to high range device targeted at emerging markets. At 7.2mm, it is slightly thinner than the iPhone 7 Plus, yet it manages to pack a 5.5 inch FHD 1080p display

Due to the lightness when handledweight is placed at sub-180g.

Dual SIM (LTE) capability with SIMs and microSD into one tray

There’s also 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory (expandable) and an octa-core processor, all powered by a 2600 mAh non-removable battery.

A 13MP main camera, powered by SONY and fingerprint sensor behind.

Also with a 2600 mAh battery to hold its own. With a little over average use (a few calls, 30 minutes of gaming, social media hopping, WhatsApp IMing and both SIMs active),it managed to give an of average about 4 hours of use (pretty impressive for an entry level phone).

In all fairness as techpoint noted , the Kosmos Mobile (unnamed model 2) is a pretty decent phone all round, that you easily forget it’s still in the prototype phase. Despite some UX and design flaws, it holds a lot of promise.

Mean while a planned public release is stated in 2017, enought time to make all the necessary tweaks. All that’s left now is the funding to make mass production a reality. Up to this stage, Kosmos Mobile has been fully bootstrapped. With Kosmos Mobile on the lookout for investors. So far, they’ve managed to garner interest from a Nigerian investor who might be willing to invest seed funding into the parent company, i.e Kosmos Innovation International

The plan is to launch 3 models in 2017 — this one I reviewed, which will cater to the high end at 70k and 2 other models priced 26k and 45k.

“I have always had ideas which I would love to share with the world”, Chris says, “and the only way to do that is having the freedom which entrepreneurship brings.”

With such huge ambitions for Kosmos Mobile, one can only patiently wait to observe how they deliver in 2017.

http://www.techstrap.net/2016/09/28/kosmos-mobile-an-entry-smartphone-brand-by-a-nigerian-company/

Re: Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 by hisgrace090: 1:27am On Sep 29, 2016
The only side that will anoy me is when they will order fg to ban phone importation before it launch.
Nigerians are too good at that.
Despite all that america produce goods from other country are still coming inn there.
Re: Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 by Goahead(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2016
Battery shouldn't be less than 4000mAh undecided

1 Like

Re: Phone Made By Nigerian Company Said To Debut In 2017 by Movesz(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2016
I like the idea "naija innovation" but can't they use a "tushh" .

my nigga :what's the brand of your phone ??
me: kossomos
my nigga: wtf is kossomos.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 3310(smart Touchlight) Goes For N20,000, Worth It? / Linked Feature Of Tecno Droipad 7D / Samsung Unseat MTN – The Most Admired Brand In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.