Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed (13417 Views)

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy / Recession: FG Summons Emergency Session Over Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by kaen1317: 8:17am On Sep 29, 2016
Must be because of marginal increase in the price of crude. Nigeria and her dependence on oil
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by izombie(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Coming from the number liar in the universe.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by mars123(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
who use oil swear for Nigeria e no go better for that person too. To even pass an ordinary but very necessary law that will guide the workings of the oil industry, our government can't seem to find it's feet. Everything that is needed for the growth and development of this country is allowed to waste like that? see wahala oh! cry

Honestly the most difficult thing in one's life is to be born a poor Nigerian. It is HELL on earth.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Bizibi(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Wow,they wanted to sell.......I hail this people sha

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by dustydee: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2016
funlord:
undecided

Another day another policy somersault!

These guys sef.........make up your minds na!
Which policy? and what is the somersault?
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Bodexman(m): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Selling of Assets is not our main priority. Look inward and do d needful

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Izonpikin: 8:26am On Sep 29, 2016
instead of this coconut administration to resurrect the PIB if they cant facilitate a restructuring they were on about asset sales(especially that for NLNG)...mumu administration...

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Opinedecandid(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Does this administration actually have direction and headway?

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by goshen26: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2016
*RECESSION* : What Recession? If you think Nigeria is broke, then you are living in another planet. Now, please read the information below and tell me why Nigerians crying of hardship.. and, are comfortable with the bold looting of their collective wealth by the "politicians." #Revolution Loading

A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.....>>

Twenty-one Senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-Governors and deputy governors.

The current Senators who once served as governors are: Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau, Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue, and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun.

The former Deputy Governors in the Senate are; Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti, and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many former Governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the - 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK :---
How many years did these "guys" serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8 years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough :-- HOW on earth can any "public servant" with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving g Governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE ......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting Military pensions like former Senate President David Mark. Yet these senators are in the Senate ...that is inviting the current "Finance Minister" to discuss the *recession of Nigeria's economy*. While, A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make LAWS that could `Restructure our Country` into Economically autonomous FEDERATING States/Regions to save the COUNTRY from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. [ The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations ] while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs `tax payers` 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a Senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9times the salary of US congressmen.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by onatisi(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2016
gabazin080:
minister of lie has spoken.
mouth government has made another unrealistic promise
Dont tell me that you believe the liar Mohammed,they wont sell it now because of the heat it has generated ,they want to cool the tension before selling it and besides ppl have been questioning the rationale of selling the assets to fund 2016 budget which just has 12 weeks to end. They will go back to the drawing board ,pick the assets they will sell and sell them .

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Rx350(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2016
Government of Trial by Error and Deception
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by ahlawal0(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2016
why this people are not afraid of God

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Emassive(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2016
Him no get mind to make up. " Make up your Mouth" is the statement that fit Lie Mohammed
funlord:
undecided

Another day another policy somersault!

These guys sef.........make up your minds na!
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Billygee2u: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2016
mekaboy:
Confused government, looking for the easy way out. You said GEJ did nothing, u chased away the investors he attracted, now you are running all over the world on your knees begging them to come back. You will even make your treasury bills 60% for 91 days.

Now that they have refused to be back in the NEPA cert administration, you want to sell Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by Dom2020: 9:07am On Sep 29, 2016
lie Mohammed is trying to con us Nigerian, taking ur mind of assets sale to cool tension. at d end of d day, there will still turn around and still sale those same assets. the present govt. cannot be trusted coze everything about them is controversy and lies.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by CaptPlanet(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2016
26 governors out of 36 supported the sale of our assets.

Those governors should be stoned! What have they done to support the country during tough times? Yet the collect allocations every all the time and still owe salaries. Except a few states in Nigeria, other governors should be booted out of office.

During GEJ's tenure, they were screaming share the money, the money was shared but what did they achieve with it? They were given bail out funds, where did the money go? Now they're supporting sale of national assets....mtcheww
Nigeria's problem is our political class.

I wont even talk about the federal govt, those ones dont deserve my mb.

This country don tire me I swear!

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by phenol33(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2016
onatisi:

Dont tell me that you believe the liar Mohammed,they wont sell it now because of the heat it has generated ,they want to cool the tension before selling it and besides ppl have been questioning the rationale of selling the assets to fund 2016 budget which just has 12 weeks to end. They will go back to the drawing board ,pick the assets they will sell and sell them .
do u understand what is called fiscal year? i guess NO ... fiscal year is one calender year from the day the budget was passed. so we have about seven month to go for the budget to work.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by ephi123(f): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2016
rusher14:

What investors?

The same investors that fled the country when they saw uncertainty had become the order of the day.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by rusher14: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2016
ephi123:

The same investors that fled the country when they saw uncertainty had become the order of the day.

OK.

Please may I know what factories they were running?

Were they producing hand bags, socks or were they processing agricultural products?
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by belente(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2016
confused government
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by ephi123(f): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2016
rusher14:

OK.

Please may I know what factories they were running?

Were they producing hand bags, socks or were they processing agricultural products?

Why will I be providing you answers to those questions, what happened to you doing your research yourself?

In any case, no amount of online defense will change the reality on ground - dollar at N472. You can keep asking these questions above while the economy continues nose diving. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by rusher14: 10:24am On Sep 29, 2016
ephi123:

Why will I be providing you answers to those questions, what happened to you doing your research yourself?

In any case, no amount of online defense will change the reality on ground - dollar at N472. You can keep asking these questions above while the economy continues nose diving. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Why not export or produce for local consumption?

Or is the business of export meant to be the role of government instead of citizens?

The major export of Nigeria has taken a hit in the international market and to make things worse we love foreign made goods.

Let's be honest as long as we refuse to produce we would continue to suffer from devaluation of our currency.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by ephi123(f): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2016
rusher14:

Why not export or produce for local consumption?

Or is the business of export meant to be the role of government instead of citizens?

The major export of Nigeria has taken a hit in the international market and to make things worse we love foreign made goods.

Let's be honest as long as we refuse to produce we would continue to suffer from devaluation of our currency.

Mister, Nigerians are not lazy people. Do you think people are not willing to produce? Of course they are but please tell me how they will produce when you seldom have enough electricity. As a people, we generate our own power, our own water, provide our own security and on top now we should produce, what exactly is the government's job? What?

I am not debating this further. It is clear this govt has no tangible plans. You guys can keep on defending them for all I care.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by vengertime: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2016
rusher14:

What investors?
just wait until your parents stop giving you food, na that time you go know sey 30 na number
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by greatermax77(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2016
THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT STABLE. ......U- TURN GOVERNMENT.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by rusher14: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2016
ephi123:

Mister, Nigerians are not lazy people. Do you think people are not willing to produce? Of course they are but please tell me how they will produce when you seldom have enough electricity. As a people, we generate our own power, our own water, provide our own security and on top now we should produce, what exactly is the government's job? What?

I am not debating this further. It is clear this govt has no tangible plans. You guys can keep on defending them for all I care.

I didn't say Nigerians are lazy but we love to deceive ourselves.

For many years I was shouting my voice hoarse due to the proliferation of hotels and filling stations whilst production industries were few and far between.

They always make the observation that there's no power to run the industries. The question I always ask - do these hotels not run on generators? Can they stand the true test of time?

A few years later our sole source of forex took a hit and we wonder why.

I don't hide my head in the sands.

When next you run into some big money abeg, biko, please produce toothbrushes and flip flops, casings for mobile phones, toothpicks even.

We need to discourage this attitude of always thinking forex comes from government.

1 Like

Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by rusher14: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2016
vengertime:
just wait until your parents stop giving you food, na that time you go know sey 30 na number

I sold dollars at 430 on Friday.

Sold at 450 yesterday.

Today it is 475 and I might consider selling more.

Between you and me we should know who depends on parents for support.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by repogirl(f): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Hmm,if Lai Mohammed says the idea has been dumped then it means they have probably already sold it off but they don't want to tell us.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by brojoshua: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2016
If you sell assets and spend the money finish but there is still recession, what next will you sell to get money to spend? Yourselves?
Let governments look elsewhere for money to spend.
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by qleap2all(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Recant? That's my grouse with mischievous people, mention the original broadcaster of the initial plan b4 this denial
Re: Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed by lohresloco: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
Impeach Buhari for Heavens sake, how much more incompetence are we allowed to endure. Dollar is #472. Call for his impeachment, somebody, anybody, twitter Facebook, Twitter, anybody, just anybody We are tired. Please.......
Debaddest:
Nonsense, Bankruptcy is still on the way.

U people should keep supporting Dullards that has nothing to offer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 More Baptist Students Escape From Bandits’ Den / Please Is There Holiday Tomorrow? / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.