Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar (17723 Views)

Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar / Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market / Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2016
ThundrCork:
Buhari should ban the use of dollars in this country and watch dollar nosedive to N1 to a dollar. Buhari should effect this to complete the change he has introduced else watch a dollar cost over a N1000 before year end.
Ban dollar? Lol...you want Gaddafi treatment to happen to him. People don't understand how this world is ran. No leader that has ever contemplated tampering with the almighty dollar survived it. Not one! There is a reason it's the most powerful currency that ever graced this planet...not by accident. Go and read why...I won't tell you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by kokosin: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
I just Dey watch apc

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by melodyirish(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
How did we get here, wat is our offense in dis country. Naira is just so valueless

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by legendgalas(f): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
What is really the problem? Me I don't understand again o.
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by ismart: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
The problem with exporting is that the government hasn't done enough to educate the citizens. That's just the problem.
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
Change you asked for,change you shall get.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by NaijaBlend: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2016
At N472/$...
Adeosun says, "Recession will end soon."

4 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Toks2008(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2016
alkines:
stop keh...all the sensitive tins we import into the country are been paid for in dollars, pple also pays schools fees in dollars so what we should b looking at is how to increase the inflow of dollar by exportation...only exportation i mean huge tonnes of goods can help save d naira a bit.

I may not be too knowledgeable about the dynamics of foreign exchange but from my naive perspective I believe the CBN and Federal government are willing collaborators to this never ending crazy surge of demands of dollars.

Why can't importers buy Japanese yen directly or China currency so that the demand on dollars will be reduced hence forcing it down.

Buhari is gradually destroying the image of APC Tinubu tenaciously built with serious hard work.

In other countries there would have been chaos but we have great tolerance in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Can't something be done to salvage the situation ? This is really getting beyond control. It has never been this terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by otokx(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2016
Politicians spend in $$$ including your president so what are we saying, it will continue to drop.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by pxjosh(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2016
We are almost there. make it #1000 naira to 1dollar.
useless government
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by apcisevil: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2016
ThundrCork:
Buhari should ban the use of dollars in this country and watch dollar nosedive to N1 to a dollar. Buhari should effect this to complete the change he has introduced else watch a dollar cost over a N1000 before year end.
Ghana did all that, yet it didn't stop their own during their own problems but the only difference that 9ja is going down faster...just in 1 year...it,s already 470... since 2011 till now Ghana money never past 420...Ghana money have higher value to naira now....it takes 4 years for Ghana money go down to it lowest of 420...

Honestly baboon is useless and senseless....with what is happening now, within 4 years naira will 1000 to a dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by eagleonearth(m): 7:25am On Sep 29, 2016
kaen1317:
Is it Jonathan? Stop the blame game and do something
yep! jonathan kickstarted the whole process by campaigning with a foreign currency(dollars). when you start a fire, it smolders for a long time and then conflagrates. GEJ started the fire. Bash me if you like, my opinion is mine, you can't take it away from me.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2016
depressing

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2016
In Lai's voice: Jona see what you've done.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by haibe(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Toks2008:

I may not be too knowledgeable about the dynamics of foreign exchange but from my naive perspective I believe the CBN and Federal government are willing collaborators to this never ending crazy surge of demands of dollars.

Why can't importers buy Japanese yen directly or China currency so that the demand on dollars will be reduced hence forcing it down.

Buhari is gradually destroying the image of APC Tinubu tenaciously built with serious hard work.

In other countries there would have been chaos but we have great tolerance in this country.

How many people that has the Japanese Yen will be willing to exchange their Yen for your naira? There is a reason dollar is used as the centre currency. It can be accepted for any currency in the world as it is always in demand, so people will always be willing to have them. Unlike your naira. A Japanese man for example would not give you his yen directly for your naira, he wants the dollar equivalent, not naira because he probably never imports anything from nigeria. To cut the story short, we need to induce demand for our naira by exporting more. But how can we export more if oil is our only major source of exportation and the prices are very low? This is the reason we are trying to build other sectors of the economy!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Toks2008(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Innovator90:

Ban dollar? Lol...you want Gaddafi treatment to happen to him. People don't understand how this world is ran. No leader that has ever contemplated tampering with the almighty dollar survived it. Not one!

This is very terrible.

This present government is really giving me goose bumps cos at the rate things are going ....

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by porshuch: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2016
blood od amadioha!!! Buhari don finish our economy. let us observe a one minute silence for our dear naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2016
That's the real CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by kagari: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2016
i bought 475 yesterday

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by yomi007k(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2016
sad
I knw its gona get to 500 ds year. so painful
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Toks2008:

This is very terrible.

This present government is really giving me goose bumps cos at the rate things are going ....

In fact as soon as he is announcing ban on dollar live on TV, he will be toppled by military and the western powers and Nigeria elite(Obj, Ibb, Abdulsalami, Atiku, Tinubu, GEJ, Dangote, Adenuga, Elumulu,
Ovia, e.t.c,) will say nothing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by mosisnho(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2016
ThundrCork:
Ban the use of dollar?.......OMG!!! is that the best you can recommend...this is the kind of policy that will crash Nigeria finally.....guy please don't reason like APC again okay?...i forgive you for this blunder

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by kaen1317: 7:31am On Sep 29, 2016
eagleonearth:
yep! jonathan kickstarted the whole process by campaigning with a foreign currency(dollars). when you start a fire, it smolders for a long time and then conflagrates. GEJ started the fire. Bash me if you like, my opinion is mine, you can't take it away from me.
he that puts his hands on the plough and looks back is not worthy of the kingdom of heaven. Don't do your work and continue blaming the past. When its 1000 to the dollar continue calling Jonathan cos clearly that's your solution to the problem

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by moshino(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2016
allubi:
God please come to our rescue

You're singing the lazy and wrong song. God will not descend from heaven to help you, He gave you common sense and free-will, so help yourselves. Or you can continue to chant " Sai buhari"!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Toks2008(m): 7:33am On Sep 29, 2016
haibe:

How many people that has the Japanese Yen will be willing to exchange their Yen for your naira? There is a reason dollar is used as the centre currency. It can be accepted for any currency in the world

You are not getting it.

Just as we have an interbank module for pounds and dollars we can have for yen too.

60% of our imports are actually from China and Japan and these countries can easily trade naira yen directly without first converting to dollars

As it is before you buy 1m yen worth of goods you have to convert naira to dollars first then to yen...this is a total waste of huge commission.

Central bank said dollar rate will be determined by demand and supply yet they have refused to create a competitive module for dollars by frantically making it the numero uno foreign currency

1 Like

Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by MrPresident1: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Rilwayne001, what do you have to say? cheesy grin
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Izonpikin: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Toks2008:

buhari never start with us yet oo..when he is done with us many would understand why an old uneducated man shouldn't rule any country..nigerians are being punished..

And to add fuel to fire buhari is trying to use military strength on the very region responsible for our forex...

Please let us enjoy our punishment... cheesy
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Brilliantlights(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2016
grin grin grin

I am taking advantage of this governments incompetency rather than wailing from money to night. I know how much ordinary $100 is worth now. Those that are wise like Joseph are those who never have to suffer regardless of the difficulty in the land. So keep wailing while people are earning.
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2016
Sorry to say this. If care is not taken, it will hit 500 to one dollar before Dec and 1000 to one dollar next year.
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by haibe(m): 7:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Toks2008:

You are not getting it.

Just as we have an interbank module for pounds and dollars we can have for yen too.

60% of our imports are actually from China and Japan and these countries can easily trade naira yen directly without first converting to dollars

As it is before you buy 1m yen worth of goods you have to convert naira to dollars first then to yen...this is a total waste of huge commission.

Central bank said dollar rate will be determined by demand and supply yet they have refused to create a competitive module for dollars by frantically making it the numero uno foreign currency

I get you. And thats why they are trying to add yen (abi yuan) to our reserves. So such exchanges from naira to yen can be possible without first converting to dollar
But the problem is with holding a currency like yen, you are very exposed to exchange loss because yen isnt as stable, or should i say powerful as the dollar. By holding yen, you can lose 20% of your value by the end of the day, this is very unlikely with dollar!
Re: Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar by mclorenzo(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2016
RIP naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service / Send Money To Nigeria From The US At Juicy Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.