Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos (35478 Views)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Festac, Lagos, Stripped By Mob (Photos) / Friends Lured & Killed A Businessman In Festac, Lagos (Photos) / Suicide: Man Jumps Into A River In Festac, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by 91KeepInformed: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2016
A 35-year-old man, Ejike Onyejekwe, has been killed in the FESTAC Town area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the victim, who lived on 21 Road, K Close, FESTAC, was stabbed to death after winning a lot of money from a lottery.

Our correspondent gathered that Onyejekwe, to celebrate the winning, bought drinks for his friends and threw a party last Thursday and Friday.

It was learnt that on Friday evening, he was heard arguing with an unidentified person on the phone.

He allegedly told his friend he was going to see the man, but never returned.

His corpse was allegedly discovered the next day on one of the estates.

A resident, who did not want to be identified, said the chairman of the estate called the attention of residents to the corpse on Saturday.

He said, “I was sipping tea around 7am when I heard the chairman blowing a whistle. I thought it was strange, but my wife called my attention to the surging crowd on the estate.

“I went downstairs and saw the corpse on the road. Like everybody, I was alarmed. We could not tell how the corpse got there or who he was. He had multiple stab injuries in the head. We all resolved that the case should be reported at the FESTAC Police Station.”

It was learnt that some of the victim’s friends later identified him.

The corpse was said to have been deposited in a morgue, while the police arrested and detained the chairman of the estate and his secretary; they were later released.

A source told PUNCH Metro that the victim won a lottery few days to his death.

He said, “The man won a lot of money in a lottery and from last Thursday to Friday, he was asking his friends to drink at his expense.

“He was called on the phone that Friday evening and he went to meet a man. I suspect that a gang stabbed him and used an object to hit him in the head. There were bruises on his knees and it appeared they dragged him on the floor as well.

“When the police were removing his corpse, blood was dripping from his mouth and nostrils. He was murdered in cold blood.”

A friend of the victim, who did not identify himself, said his relative had visited the community.

“I can’t say why he was killed. Nobody knows. He just returned from a visit to the village,” he added.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.

She added that the police had already arrested two suspects in connection with the death.

She said, “The chairman of one of the estates reported that at about 7am, he woke up and saw the victim lying lifeless with injuries on his head and body. The corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. Two suspects, Suleiman Ahmed and Ibrahim Yusuf, were arrested and the case transferred to the SCIID for further investigation.”

http://punchng.com/lagos-resident-killed-winning-lottery/

2 Shares

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Olukokosir(m): 6:57am On Sep 29, 2016
It is well...
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by shamack: 7:05am On Sep 29, 2016
Hnnn nawa oooh,,,,bad belle

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by delishpot: 7:18am On Sep 29, 2016
I do not want to believe Landlord was arrested O. Haba Naija police which way forward Na? They should not even spend a single night at the police station. The highest the police should do is keep them a few hours to makebtheir own statements das all.
I hope they we're not released only after money exchanged hands O

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by blaquemyc: 7:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Some pple sef, you manage win lottery and then attract the attention of the whole neighbourhood to yourself by going on a two day booze fest. What else do you expect from bad- belle pple dem? #RIP

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by ojun50(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Money
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by teemswest(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2016
embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by ruggedboy01: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
afonjas killed him out of jealousy cry angry sad

quote me and die sad angry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by martineinstein(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
he killed himself...y will u disclose such informatioin to ur friends.?.....ur wife(not even ur brothas) should be d only person to hear such info.

Some people wont learn

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by wesome2500(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
he didn't even enjoy the money he won...that's pretty sad

1 Like

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by MadCow1: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
How Sad..

Success attracts so much enemies the way Sugar attracts ants..

#GetRich,GetSmart..

15 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Berrylite: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
The love of money

You don't make noise with such success. Just collect your money and disappear into thing air to brainstorm how you will spend it.

RIP

For diabetic patients, click d link iny signature

8 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Wisdom is profitable to direct. Quite unfortunate

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Debaddest(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Oh my God, this is wickedness (crying)

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by wolesmile(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Is he married?

Suspect #1 Wife
Suspect #2. Landlord
Suspect #3. Lotto Agent
Suspect #4. His friends
Suspect #5. His neighbours
Suspect #6. Other lotto players

Can we play criminal case here?
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Power Intoxicates, I Don't Blame Him. The Money He Won Might Be Too Much So He Couldn't Control Himself. I Think That Is How It Always Happen To People That Got Owo Ojiji(Sudden Money)..
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Nwanne Ejike, I know the Afonjas are always jealous of us, but no worry, God dey.
RIP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Estimable(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Sometimes solo is the best, his friends knew about his murder.

8 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by georgen2u(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Stupidity is when u are not rIcch as Mark Zuckerberg and God just wanted to alleviate you from poverty by giving you change you end up using it to ruin your life
Smh

8 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:15am On Sep 29, 2016
ruggedboy01:
afonjas killed him out of jealousy cry angry sad

His friend might be igbo too cool

11 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by morbeta(m): 8:17am On Sep 29, 2016
Rip to him
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Bishops10(m): 8:17am On Sep 29, 2016
They still want to finish the remaining 5% SMH undecided
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by izeadawa: 8:17am On Sep 29, 2016
This is total Wickedness
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Must he throw party

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
delishpot:
I do not want to believe Landlord was arrested O. Haba Naija police which way forward Na? They should not even spend a single night at the police station. The highest the police should do is keep them a few hours to makebtheir own statements das all.
I hope they we're not released only after money exchanged hands O
This is what we say about media houses in Nigeria,they love courting controversy and negativity ,they report the news wrongly,they confuse readers like you, and you in turn keep hating the police whereas you should be hating the media,newspaper houses,wannabee bloggers and propoganda channels. From my own understanding though, the chairman and his secretary were just taken to the station to write statements since the former was the one that saw the corpse and alerted the neighbourhood. Nothing special prolly an hour or two and he was off. The press will kill us all eventually one day

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Opistorincos(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Village people at work. Why few days after he won a lottery
Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Talk2Bella(f): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Not everyone is happy with your success

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2016
what if the lottery company killed him so as not to pay the money he won?#justasking

8 Likes

Re: Man Who Won Lottery Murdered In FESTAC, Lagos by DonDiego(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Who wins so much money in this Bubu 's economy and advertises it like this young man did?

That's as good as signing your death warrant.

RIP to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traffic Robbery Kingpin Arrested At Mile 2 Lagos (Pictured) / Businessman Murdered In Lagos For Refusing To 'Settle' Area Boys / Husband Arrested For Beating His Wife And Leaving Her With A Bleeding Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.