Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead (1669 Views)

Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Dasuki: Are We Back To The Dark Ages? THISDAY. / Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by smokielala: 2:39am On Dec 23, 2006
http://nigerianinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=2

The Nigerian media has again lost one of its own this night in Lagos.
Reports reaching our news desk say that Godwin Agbroko was felled by assassins’ bullets shortly after the close of work. Details of this gruesome murder were sketchy as at press time. Godwin Agbroko’s last article was Read the rest of the release here:

http://nigerianinsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=2

1 Like

Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by otokx(m): 4:10am On Dec 23, 2006
Please don't be in a haste to say its an assasination and misrepresent the facts to people that are not on ground. Further info can be got from the newspaper website which indicates that he ran into an armed robbery operation in progress, it appears 5 others including 3 policemen were killed.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=66414
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by DeepSoul(f): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2006
Jeez! Read his last article this week! This is really sad! sad
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by babyboy2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2006
This is surely interesting times.
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by joshO: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2006
Really sad,  but let's also spare a thought for the thousands of innocent people in Nigeria who are either targets or get caught up in crossfile of these men of the underworld but hardly make news,

For Mr Agbroko and all the fallen departed, most of whom are indirect victims of our extremely incompetent, incapable political leadership, may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by mowapa(m): 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2006
In as much as i have tried, i cannot but lay this at the doorstep of our leaders who have turned governship into ability to share loot and be vindictive of their political enemies. Many future leader are being lost to road accidents and armed violence in this country and they have shown apathy. To those that still remain here(Nigeria) i will continue to say the LORD prayer for you and to others who have made it out i say congratulations at least you are now in a society that value human life.
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by otokx(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2006
The Nigerian society values human life.
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by mowapa(m): 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2006
@ otokx

I seriousely doubt that Nigeria values the life of the its citizens, just last week in colorado three men were stranded on the mountain, the county sherriff threw all they had to effect a rescue, will that have happened here? i say nope. Its only here that road accident happen with 2-40 lost life and we shrug it off, danfo runs over people, its OK. i could go on 4ever. The chief law enforcer died almost 5yrs ago and we are yet to fish out the killers, think about all the unnecessary deaths that could have been prevented by building better hospitals, equipping the police, fixing pothole on our highway etc. when a govt value its citizens, they in return put a premium on the survival of the the nation.
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by scribe(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2006
Only God can help Nigeria cry cry cry
Re: Thisday Columnist, Godwin Agbroko Shot Dead by Dimka76(m): 5:58am On Feb 04, 2010
Assasinated, ran into robbers, watz d diff? Koko is the guy was killed and he is dead. Look I am seriously thinking of trekking to Ghana o. I fear for us when the bubble finally bursts. You always leave in fear here. The other day a car backfired loudly , u need to have seen the panic it caused,some guy broke his leg.

(1) (Reply)

Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. / Identity Crisis: Who Really Are Nigerians? (central Database: ) / Joseph Kabila Turns Nollywood Addict As Nigerian Films Take The Congo By Storm!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.