Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. (1668 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Lagos Can’t Vote For Buhari / Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua (2) (3) (4)

Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2009
Many teachers in Lagos State public primary schools cannot write correct sentences, Deputy Governor of the State, Princess Sarah Sosan, has revealed.

Sosan explained that the state government cannot tolerate this again, stressing that any teacher who cannot meet the academic standards in the New Year should either be shown the way out or be asked to go back to the training school.

The deputy governor who dropped this bombshell at a meeting with Head teachers of public primary schools in the state lamented the decay in the primary school system, adding that there had been a sharp drop in enrolment into public schools within the last 10 years as a result of poor teaching.

“Many of our teachers cannot write correct sentences. Those days are over. As we enter the New Year, any teacher who is not able to meet up with the standards will be asked to go or go back to training school.

“We have primary six children that are being taught alphabets in JSS 1. The situation is so bad. The performance of our teachers and that of the Head teachers is a concern. Our primary education is bad, it is really, really bad.

“Anywhere I go, I get complaints that our teachers can’t speak English. We should improve and that is why we are here. Our primary school teachers must upgrade their knowledge. Many of them are not doing so.They should work on themselves,” Sosan directed.

The deputy governor disclosed that although the state government was putting in much to provide qualitative education, the teachers were not helping matters, as some of them were not coming to school at all.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/16/midweekk-special-teachers-in-lagos-can%E2%80%99t-write-correct-sentences-%E2%80%94sosan
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by dominique(f): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
why is this woman always on teachers' cases . she also used to be one so i guess she's one of the illiterate teacher's she's talking about.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2009
wow! we have a deputy gov in lagos state - who would have thought ? cheesy
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
I think she's saying the right afterall she oversee the ministry of education
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mrperfect(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
Well, with a warning like this they will force to improve.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
Who to be blamed, the teachers or the Ministry of Education that has no rule to follow in hiring teachers?
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by jejelolatu(f): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
Must they wash their dirty linens in public?

She seems to hv 4gotten dat she was once a teacher.
Are these illiterate teachers nt products of d educational system?

There's absolutely notin wrong wiv sackin unqualified teachers, its exposing bad situations in order to luk good dat i hv a problem with and dat seems to be sarah sosans MO.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
jejelolatu:

Must they wash their dirty linens in public?

She seems to hv 4gotten dat she was once a teacher.
Are these illiterate teachers nt products of d educational system?

There's absolutely notin wrong wiv sackin unqualified teachers, its exposing bad situations in order to luk good dat i hv a problem with and dat seems to be sarah sosans MO.

I can't even imagine that you want this to be dealt with under the carpet . . . .so would it be hidden or a secret too when the graduates under such teachers cant construct simple sentences?
There are some things that shd not be exposed to the world and this is not one of them.
Western world often talk about literacy of their people, what is different for the Nigerian teachers?
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
Flush them out and employ young graduates.End of discussion
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Flush them out and employ young graduates.End of discussion

The main word.
Yet when you see all the teachers, they are the loudest one among the bunch
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mekusxxx: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2009
Yoruba people. You can already see how they murder English Language here; Sefago is a perfect example.

If this is the scenario in Lagos (a metro area) then you can imagine what goes on in  Iseyin, Alakoko, Ife and Gbongan.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
mekusxxx:

Yoruba people. You can already see how they murder English Language here; Sefago being a perfect example.

Was that necessary?
Why do u people have to add tribe to every thread . . . . . and we wonder why Nigeria is not moving forward?
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by jejelolatu(f): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ phemmy!
U dignify his ignorant rants with a reply! Why?

Let him exercise his fundamental human rite to be sto opid¤¤theres no law against sto opidity after all! Lol
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
^^^^ oucchhhhh

Now i know better.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by jejelolatu(f): 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ phemmy(again. lol)
i aint sayin it shd be swept under d rug, theres a big difference btw

*sacking unqualified teachers and afterwards tellin us u did it because u wanted to sanitise d ministry

and

*telling us ua going to start sacking them nxt year(or wheneva, i dnt care)

all am saying is sarah sosan shd change her modus operandi, we need more action and less talk, she can take a cue from gov fashola.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by brooknam99: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
Now I knw why nchara and mekussxx can't compose a proper sentence in english
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
jejelolatu:

@ phemmy(again. lol)
i aint sayin it shd be swept under d rug, theres a big difference btw

*sacking unqualified teachers and afterwards tellin us u did it because u wanted to sanitise d ministry

and

*telling us ua going to start sacking them nxt year(or wheneva, i dnt care)

all am saying is sarah sosan shd change her modus operandi, we need more action and less talk, she can take a cue from gov fashola.

I must admit that i dont know her at all, if you saying she needs action and not too much talking, then, that makes sense, however, something has to be done, i remember when i was young at school in Lagos, and some of the teachers knows nothing, some will be teaching and painting nails, the men will be teaching and checking out babes . . . . at least teach first and do the rest leter.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mekusxxx: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
That must have hurt so much, Jejelolatu. This is a case of fake teachers producing fake students, hence fake certificates all over the place grin grin
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
mekusxxx:

That must have hurt so much, Jejelolatu. This is a case of fake teachers producing fake students, hence fake certificates all over the place grin grin

We all agree it is a problem.but pointing fingers at some tribe just wasn't needed.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mekusxxx: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2009
brooknam99:

Now I knw why nchara and mekussxx can't compose a proper sentence in english

Ode! It is English, not english. See mumu wan correct master grin grin grin
You are indeed a true Yoruba man with warped English language skills.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mekusxxx: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
An average Yoruba is extremely poor in written and spoken English. You need to listen to people like Femi Falana speak; you'll almost puke.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mrperfect(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
You guys will kill person with laughter here one day.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
mrperfect:

You guys will kill person with laughter here one day.

omo . . . i tire oh
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by jejelolatu(f): 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lmsao!
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mrperfect(m): 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
This guy mekusxxx has pursued and faces Yoruba people in the forum, he is ever ready all  the time with statistics that gives him an edge over his rivals.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
mrperfect:

This guy mekusxxx has pursued and faces Yoruba people in the forum, he is ever ready all  the time with statistics.

I am a nigerian and have no time for tribal attacks
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by tarano: 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
Booth them out, sack there ass,
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by mekusxxx: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
mrperfect:

This guy mekusxxx has pursued and faces Yoruba people in the forum, he is ever ready all the time with statistics that gives him an edge over his rivals.

Thanks, dude. I try my best to work with facts, not fiction.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2009
lmao
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
Anyone have any clue how much the current administration has actually invested ( Not the private-public phooey, but real investment) into developing the educational system to date? It would be nice to understand if the fault is the teachers or the government not doing as much as it ought to be doing in this case.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by pureminded: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ol boy , damn teachers grin grin
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
mekusxxx:

Thanks, dude. I try my best to work with facts, not fiction.

If you see fact, you wont even recognize it.

Identity Crisis: Who Really Are Nigerians? (central Database: ) / Oni V Fayemi: Final Judgement Day For Ekiti / Ptf With Buhari As Head