Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

How To Fix A Smelly Freezer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Fix A Smelly Freezer (658 Views)

Smelly Dry Vagina? Drowning Your Man In Bed - Jaaruma The Goron Tula Queen / My 15 Minutes Agony With A Lady With Smelly Hair In A Queue / How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix A Smelly Freezer by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
Have you ever had food decay on your freezer? Do you have water tasting so bad that your visitors screw their faces in disgust when you offer them water? Has your freezer decayed to a point where you're afraid of even opening it?

Nearly every middle class family in Nigeria has experienced this. Trust PHCN and it's erratic power supply. Sometimes our freezers just smell like rotten corpses. This could be caused by bad food, blood from raw meat and the worst, rotten fish.

Mine did a few months ago. And after worrying so long and wondering how to get rid of it, here's what I tried. It may work for you.

1. Thorough washing.

I washed the insides thoroughly with a detergent until it sparkled like new. But the smell just wouldn't leave.

2. Onions

I cut a lot of onions and dumped inside the empty, defrosted freezer. Turned it off and left the onions for two days. The smell was gone but my freezer oozed of onions.

3. Charcoal

Next I got rid of the onions, washed again then dumped a lot of charcoal inside. Yes, the charcoal used to roast corn. I bought two polythene bags of it. I left the freezer closed, empty and defrosted for two days.

4. Oranges.

After two days, the smell of onions had reduced significantly but not totally. So I finally turned to oranges. I bought two hundred naira oranges, sliced them and dumped them in after removing the charcoal. I waited for a day, removed the oranges and cleaned the freezer the last time.

All of the bad smell was now gone and I had my freezer smelling sweetly of oranges. I then switched it on. For a few days, I drank orange flavored water before all smell was totally gone. My freezer was saved!!!!

Now sometimesi just open my freezer, put my nose in it and happily breathe cold air of smell freedom in it. Try this if you're suffering same. Hope it helps you.
Re: How To Fix A Smelly Freezer by laiza(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2016
This is actually a very good recipe for getting rid of bad odour. Mortuary/Morgue owners in Europe in the early 17th century use this method and it prove very effective but costly too. #kudos
Re: How To Fix A Smelly Freezer by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
laiza:
This is actually a very good recipe for getting rid of bad odour. Mortuary/Morgue owners in Europe in the early 17th century use this method and it prove very effective but costly too. #kudos

How costly could that be? Well, it could be for very large morgues. Imagine the amount of onions needed to get rid of morgue odour.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Am Battling With Eczema / Stubborn Belly Fat? 7 Proven Ways To Lose It / Doctors In The House, I really need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.