Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities (49543 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / 11 Facts About Engineering In Uniben And Other Universities!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by AUcom66(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mr man 2:2 and two 2:1 are two separate grade regardless of institution you graduated,as long as you can defend it anywhere in the world.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by habsydiamond(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Op u must be kidding ursef ooo. Some state Uni sef still dey more complicated to some of the federal schools u mention.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by mulattoclaro(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
I graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador and I made a 2:1. What will be degree be equivalent to in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by STENON(f): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
It is not by grade but by the application of your intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
deusp:
That's why the op said its easier to get your type of grade in your school #in uniabj 200level ur cgp is 3.39..guy e no get how you fit do amu no fit graj with cgp more than 3.5(that's if you craze for book)accounting dept..lazy lecturers,sadist,careless,strike upandan,1week exam....but the bottom line is that nobody will ask you weather 2.1 or 2.2 is easy or hard to get..you just have to show your worth when any interview opportunity shows up

He listed my school among the strictest school, my guy in my 100l n 200l i was flexing, when i mean flexin i meant flexing, awka was nt enough, i migrated to enugu and as at my 200l i do leave school to flex in lagos, i only read 3weeks to exam, in this 3weeks ill close flexing till end of exam...

At my 300l i was nt ok wt my Gp, i told myself if i could achieve dat gp in 3 to 4 weeks of preparation i can do more if i do d same intensive reading from the beginning of d semester to the end of each semester...

Bro i tell u its easy most things dat we dont let go in school are those dis things bringing us down.... in dat 2 years i didnt go down wt any girl, i didnt club, no outing, i was just reading... at a point i had enough time to read diff textboks 4 a course.... i remember a semester i got 6As aB and aC...
Y wont my gp change?

I tell u its easy....

Just dat its not a measure to show how intelligent or how successful ull bcom....
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Jethrolite(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
deusp:
Oga why the lies(In falz voice)
Which lies, are you a student of any of the schools I mentioned?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by promisechild421: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys I may not give or list any university, but I wish to draw your attention and ask how many of these Universities have gone as a student to get a primary or first hand experience? I want to assure you that their are so many universities out there that have rigorous and though academic training that you may not have been to or even heard of. Please can you look for students from ATBU, FUTY, GSU? you really need to get your facts right not thought or assumptions before jumping into conclusion.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by emmasege: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Joice21:
Wow ! Please can I send a pm ?..I wanna take up a lecturing career too.
It's okay.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by sonflex: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
WELL U HAVE SAID UR OWN.TO ME STATE SCHOOLS IS MORE DIFFICULT TO ACQUIRE GOOD RESULT BECAUSE THE LECTURERS ARE MEAN.BT FEDERAL SCHOOLS WOT U HAVE U GET.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by DarryOsh(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.

Finally, someone who really thinks. It's only in Nigeria that students brag about suffering through school as though it's normal.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by nuelzz04(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Lolz! I promise myself never to allow my kids attend that school. Suffering & smiling
lol
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Babysho(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.

God Bless You sir.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by harlee(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
idris4r83:
The list should be
1. Ahmadu Bello University
2. University of Ibadan
3. Obafemi Awolowo University
4. University of Nigeria Nsukka
5. University of Lagos
what's unilag doing on the list
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Taryur3(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
franciskaine:
bros, Garba square na my house OOO. From dept to Garba square to library. Thank God it's over. Education in Africa is damn too stressful.
Its well.your toiling is over ijn
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by microbian(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nzeokafor:
I finished from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and i graduated with 4.07 in my 200level my gp was 3.39.... its easy bro,if wat i did in my 300l and 400l was don in 100l and 200l, first class for sure....
But no b by grade my cosmate own a popular transport company and he didnt get 2:1...
So chill money speaks not grade.

For employers its experience, knowledge, grade in descending order...
University no follow at all...

Abeg talk wetin u cun do whether d thing go help person.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
legendte:

I know that you are lying but continue.

Why should i lie to you? I dont hav a transcript if nt a pics will clear me...
My statement of result has only my grade nt cgpa if nt ill upload dat...
Well u feel am lying because u feel its impossible...
Those dat knw how it works can testify....
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ChiefS(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
It's quite unfortunate the academic standards are not exactly the same as pointed out by earlier posts. I've attended 3 different nigerian universities both for my first degree and higher degree programmes. Lack of infrastructure and conducive environment in some federal universities, affect student's performance. I remember getting poor grades in some courses where a single lecturer taught over 700 students without a public address system. Back then we didn't have access to internet facilities and up to date textbooks were not accessible in the library. Then the case of lecturers who were outright sadists. Some of them believed it was impossible to make As in their courses especially those of us that studied engineering.

In some other schools upgrading of students' results is a usual practice. In fact, some departments lobby on behalf of their good students to ensure they graduate with first class honours. Also, some private universities conduct resit exams for students who failed a course and the previous grade erased. These are some of the reasons for disparity in standards.

Meanwhile, someone who was best student in 3 different secondary schools back then graduated
with a 2.2 in engineering. Well, he has gone ahead to prove himself after graduation but the scars of leaving with a 2.2 still remain.

I advise employers' to give people with lower class of degree opportunities to prove themselves.

Well if you have been affected negatively, there is life after school. Strive to be the best in your chosen field. There are no traffic jams when you go the extra mile. It may be tough initially, but in the long run you will succeed.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by nellyelitz(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
Uniuyo is something else, I learnt the sch is even harder now.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Donshemzy1234: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
fineyemi:
You didn't include Osun State University and Olabisi Onabanjo University. Making First Class in a state University is more difficult in Federal University.

Osun state University per se nah hell
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
Oghumu1:

Guy wetin u do for 300l and 400l abeg? Make I apply same for myself

Bro i just explained wat i did here in dis thread.....

After my 200l i stop all form of flexing i faced my books, i had reading time table n funny enough remembering time table.... one was for readin d oda was to make sure i dont forget wat i read. Most of my Bs n Cs were 2 credit unit though i rarely got C, all my 3, 6 credit units were As....
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
microbian:

Abeg talk wetin u cun do whether d thing go help person.

I don talk am tire...
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
G12:
Wrong!

A 2.1 in AAU Ekpoma is equivalent to 1st class in uniben

AND HOW DOES THAT MAKE AAU A GOOD SCHOOL?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by cuteboy2: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
where is this one located?

COOU is at Yamousoukrou , very close to Timbucktu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by audiigee(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jethrolite:
Which experience, your list shows you have no experience. Let me just point it out clearly to you. Most federal universities use the 15, 15, 15, 55 percentile grading system while most state universities use 25, 25, 25, 25 percentile grading system. Meaning you can fail your first 3 years in a federal school, get good grades in your final year and still get a 2 1 but in state universities, the moment you start failing from year one, better seat up because no magic will happen. 2 good examples where this happens are uniben and delsu.

Absolutely true

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
80% of covenant university students in accounting and finance graduate with their ICAn and or ACCA. That is a clear proof that they beat any university in Nigeria when it gets to accounting and finance.
OP, Don't be deceived by the name of the school . The people are the greatest assets not the name of the school

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by SarcasticTruth: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:
grin grin grin
I think what the OP is trying to say is despite the outright wickedness, anyone coming out with a good or an average result from such places is a force to reckon with. That's probably why Nigerian students usually succeed when they travel out and get to places with better environments and suitable working conditions
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by cuteboy2: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:

Bros tell them. That is why 3rd class from Covenant Univ will come out with real life skills, IT certification and ICAN, and employers will grab them. Whereas Unilag and Uniben 1st class will be pounding the streets for year, yet no job. Ditto for AUN (American Univ) Yola.

Meanwhile, in other news Unilag featuring prominently on that list has just been shut again by that moronic VC called Prof Rahomon Bello, who graduated 1st Class from Ife, but has zero crisis management skills

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Newerakings(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
I will not dwell much on my opinion in this matter because many will comment emotionally on this issue. I will just say the OP has not done any research at all he is merely guessing
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ocheejemb: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
SuperSuave:
OK. tell that to your employer

You won for this comment.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Anjorin1990: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
Agreed
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ceejayxy(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
oya include rivers state university of science n technology
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Taryur3(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
vankaid:

Nne which year did you graduate make I know whether na d same Amara or Amaka wey I know.
Ashawo sighted...more than hundreds of amaka or amara will definitely graduated in her own year.she is married dnt think u will know her.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatima Iliasu Graduates With 1st Class From University Of Surrey, UK (Photos) / Gorilla Escaped From University Of Ilorin Zoo (Photos, Video) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.