Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities (49603 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / 11 Facts About Engineering In Uniben And Other Universities!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by davereal(m): 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.

May God give some youths your kind of brain so they can understand that strictness does not define quality and name does not determine innovation nor talent which are the ultimate. I have never seen one breakthrough from these over rated universities that is solving one national question. OP please go and focus your energy on money making venture than this "useless" comparism.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by fireflies007: 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
This is based on my personal experience, I have visited most of the schools in Nigeria, i have aslo seen lot of researches/publications online and I want to compile my list, these schools below are the strictest in Nigeria, if you make a good 2:2 or 2:1 here, you will match a first class from most other schools. Agreed or not?

1. University of Ibadan
2. Amadu bello university, Zaria
3. Obafemi awolowo university, ife
4. University of Nigeria, nnsuka
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
8. Federal university of technology, owerri
9. University of port Harcourt
10. University of calabar
11. Federal university of technology, akure
12. Federal university of technology, minna
13. Nnamdi azikiwe university, awka
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
16. University of Maiduguri
17. Bayero university, kano
18. University of agriculture, Abeokuta
19. Michael okpara university of agriculture, Umudike
20. Usman danfidiyo university, sokoto.

Grade na trash 4 real life,,, u beta wake up frm ur dream nd stop deceiving urself. Wat u kw nd who u kw speaks best
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by yemiosinbajo: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Longman6(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

Oga, stop this thing nah. Don't let me introduce myself to you o. I know about all these academic systems both in Naija and abroad o.

First, UI only used the O'level point system before 2011 when they were using oral interview as post-utme screening. It has since been stopped but will most likely resurface this year since FG has cancelled post utme. UI wey people dey gain admission with awaiting result now, and you are talking about point calculation.

Are you ignorant to know that you can gain admission to Medicine 300 level, provided that you have a good CGPA in your degree certificate in a basic medical science course like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Botany, Human Nutrition, Neuroscience, Microbiology, etc? Instead of you to be learning you are arguing!

And you think I don't know about EAC? Smh. You can get scholarships to Cambridge, Oxford or anywhere through corporate organizations, but not through those two schools. I don't know all scholarships of course. But I am willing to know more which was why I asked you to specifically mention the name of the scholarship but you couldn't!
mr, I hold nothing against you.you know a lot already, kind regards,
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by yemiosinbajo: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Longman6:

mr, I hold nothing against you.you know a lot already, kind regards,

Enjoy your night, brother! I hold nothing against you either. We're both learning, one way or the other.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Longman6(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

Oga, stop this thing nah. Don't let me introduce myself to you o. I know about all these academic systems both in Naija and abroad o.

First, UI only used the O'level point system before 2011 when they were using oral interview as post-utme screening. It has since been stopped but will most likely resurface this year since FG has cancelled post utme. UI wey people dey gain admission with awaiting result now, and you are talking about point calculation.

Are you ignorant to know that you can gain admission to Medicine 300 level, provided that you have a good CGPA in your degree certificate in a basic medical science course like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochem, Botany, Human Nutrition, Neuroscience, Microbiology, etc? Instead of you to be learning you are arguing!

And you think I don't know about EAC? Smh. You can get scholarships to Cambridge, Oxford or anywhere through corporate organizations, but not through those two schools. I don't know all scholarships of course. But I am willing to know more which was why I asked you to specifically mention the name of the scholarship but you couldn't!

maybe this would help you: www.lifeforte.org:5050/university-scholarships#content
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by yemiosinbajo: 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
Longman6:

maybe this would help you: www.lifeforte.org:5050/university-scholarships#content

This would really help me if I was an outstanding student in need of a scholarship from a private corporate organization. Unfortunately I'm not.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Eleniyan15: 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
okito:
Wrong perception! I studied in both State & Federal unis and I can say while most of us always wish to study in the Federal Uni, a lot of times, it is about the name. Ask recruiters and they will tell you that some 2.2 products in some state unis perform better in tests and interviews than 2.1 graduates of federal unis. To a large extent, the individual plays an important role in what results he/she turns out. But I must confess that some state unis are really terrible in terms of facilities and lecturers. However you must give it to state unis like LAUTECH & LASU; they are better than many Federal unis and the quality of graduates they churn out underscore this assertion.

GOD BLESS YOU I JUST DECIDED NOT TO ARGUE WITH ONE GUY WHO QUOTE ME SAYING LION DEY TALK WETIN CONCERN DOG.

EVERY SCHOOL AINT EASY THOSE SCH THE OP MENTION ARE LIVING ON PAST GLORY #OAU fvkedUp sch wey dem Neva start semester exam and you want me to goan study there even lautech follow join

here in lasu if them strike faa your 4yrs na e you go use....you Don hear no holiday even semester break gan dem giv us e many nah 1month.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by jojothaiv(m): 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nairaland getting boring..
At the end of the day, we are who we are...
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by seunfape(m): 2:20am On Oct 01, 2016
idris4r83:
The list should be
1. Ahmadu Bello University
2. University of Ibadan
3. Obafemi Awolowo University
4. University of Nigeria Nsukka
5. University of Lagos
worst school in Nigeria ,they live on past glory. I rep Michael okpara
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by jaafree: 4:24am On Oct 01, 2016
vectoh:
whr is that one located? schools plenty 4 naija o grin
. Y u no come mention una own school let's hear, una state sef no fit big pass this school
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by paulmarkino: 7:31am On Oct 01, 2016
simonjassy:

University of Ibadan made the best 1000 universities in the world... Google it

Nonsense
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Oghumu1(m): 8:30am On Oct 01, 2016
Nzeokafor:

Bro i just explained wat i did here in dis thread.....

After my 200l i stop all form of flexing i faced my books, i had reading time table n funny enough remembering time table.... one was for readin d oda was to make sure i dont forget wat i read. Most of my Bs n Cs were 2 credit unit though i rarely got C, all my 3, 6 credit units were As....
Thanks man! I really appreciate, I hope this works out too for me.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Noneejiofor(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nzeokafor:
I finished from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and i graduated with 4.07 in my 200level my gp was 3.39.... its easy bro,if wat i did in my 300l and 400l was don in 100l and 200l, first class for sure....
But no b by grade my cosmate own a popular transport company and he didnt get 2:1...
So chill money speaks not grade.

For employers its experience, knowledge, grade in descending order...
University no follow at all...
see your mouth,like first class for sure,u for do am na, by strength shall no man prevail...
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by iyanigold: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Do u refer to all those rubbish that happened in those schools Strict? common
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Codes151(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
Writing rubbish!!! Even 1st class in all this schools is doubtful as long as sorting n degree buying exists! Stop doing soappy pls
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:32am On Oct 03, 2016
emmasege:
Can you hear yourself talk? Go tell your prospective employer that trash at an interview. For your information, I hold degrees from both UI & OAU, so i had my facts before coming online. I stand by my earlier stance that the best brains are not endemic to first generation universities. I've seen a good number of such in both public and private universities. I hope you are also aware that there are very bad examples of OAU graduates. There was a particular OAU (2.2) graduate whom we served together. The guy can barely construct an error free sentence in English. I wonder how he managed to graduate in the first instance. And this is the sort of OAU graduate who will finish with a first class in UI, according to you. I really pity your condition. As @ the last university rating, UI was the best followed by Covenant University & then the 'noisy' OAU.

You're right!

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by TheVictorious(m): 1:33am On Oct 03, 2016
Kxke:
I once went for an I.T placement exam of a prominent company in Nigeria where the examiner who happened to be a staff of the company was complaining:his complaint was that he noticed that if the company has like ten slots for I.T intake that seven to six slots would be grabbed by students from FUTO; he said that the most surprising thing was most of the FUTOites were students 2.2 holders.
A 2.2 holder in FUTO is like a 2.1 and 1st class holder in other skul. I also once came across a speech of a recent best graduating student of convenant Uni who said that he sought admission thrice into one of the Engineering department in FUTO but couldn't secure admission.

THE EMPLOYER IS A FUTO GRADUATE!

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Futurecrown(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
EdoBoy90:

Academic excellent is not synonymous to structures to some extent. It is the student's desire that determines academic excellent.

No university on Earth that doesn't have dullard students in my experience so far both home and abroad.

Every student at UNIBEN is not better than every student at AAU ( ur Third Class University as claimed by ur myopic knowledge). There is bound to be probability for ascertaining knowledge. There are dull students at Harvard university but they have done well globally than the First Class or professors from UNIBEN. Graduating from UNIBEN doesn't automatically make you more intelligent than all AAU students. That notion will disappoint you one day by underrating a graduate from AAU.

Nowadays, graduates from UNIBEN are jobless too. No AAU graduate has made public announcement on NL that he or she is looking for job like your UNIBEN graduate who graduated with First Class in Mathematics yet he was looking for job instead of using his brain or the knowledge acquired from your "Mighty UNIBEN". I ask myself: " What does UNIBEN impacted in that First Class jobless mathematics graduate from your School?" Nothing!

Don't forget your Third Class University that is AAU produced Pastor Chris Oyakhilomhe and Mr. Festus Keyamo ( EFFC popular lawyer) and many more.

I have met a lot of UNIBEN graduates that are very dull and also a lot of AAU graduates who are dull too. also, a lot of AAU graduates better than UNIBEN graduates. And UNIBEN graduates better than AAU graduates too.
I don't have time to be trading words with you but think deep down in your heart that there is a great different between UNIBEN and AAU. Academic excellence is not a function of how much you study but a function of how you are able to understands what you are doing. Sequel to your epistle that a UNIBEN first class graduate is looking for job and AAU graduate hasn't air his voice as regards to job hunting is analogous to "Fallacy of hasty generalisation", Everybody know there no job in the Country even people in the UK have similar issue. Boss you can never compare UNIBEN products to AAU either you agree with me or not. SHALOM.

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by lilliesboy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
Futurecrown:
Your assertion is very wrong. 2.1 is the same every institutions in the world, don't let anybody deceive you.
Not so true, some universities across the world still look down on 2.1 degrees especially from African universities.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Youngjohnosas: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
EdoBoy90:

Academic excellent is not synonymous to structures to some extent. It is the student's desire that determines academic excellent.

No university on Earth that doesn't have dullard students in my experience so far both home and abroad.

Every student at UNIBEN is not better than every student at AAU ( ur Third Class University as claimed by ur myopic knowledge). There is bound to be probability for ascertaining knowledge. There are dull students at Harvard university but they have done well globally than the First Class or professors from UNIBEN. Graduating from UNIBEN doesn't automatically make you more intelligent than all AAU students. That notion will disappoint you one day by underrating a graduate from AAU.

Nowadays, graduates from UNIBEN are jobless too. No AAU graduate has made public announcement on NL that he or she is looking for job like your UNIBEN graduate who graduated with First Class in Mathematics yet he was looking for job instead of using his brain or the knowledge acquired from your "Mighty UNIBEN". I ask myself: " What does UNIBEN impacted in that First Class jobless mathematics graduate from your School?" Nothing!

Don't forget your Third Class University that is AAU produced Pastor Chris Oyakhilomhe and Mr. Festus Keyamo ( EFFC popular lawyer) and many more.

I have met a lot of UNIBEN graduates that are very dull and also a lot of AAU graduates who are dull too. also, a lot of AAU graduates better than UNIBEN graduates. And UNIBEN graduates better than AAU graduates too.
OGA leave that guy,no need replying a dead brain,i met a fellow who graduated from uniben at nysc camp and we tagged him "Mr know all" simply because he always wanted to prove uniben is always right but at the end of it all he was humbled..i attended a good secondary school in Benin and majority of my friends including those who passed well and those that were pushed to pass school there.Nothing extra ordinary about them save for a few exceptional ones.the law school for example has opened our eyes.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Youngjohnosas: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Futurecrown:
I don't have time to be trading words with you but think deep down in your heart that there is a great different between UNIBEN and AAU. Academic excellence is not a function of how much you study but a function of how you are able to understands what you are doing. Sequel to your epistle that a UNIBEN first class graduate is looking for job and AAU graduate hasn't air his voice as regards to job hunting is analogous to "Fallacy of hasty generalisation", Everybody know there no job in the Country even people in the UK have similar issue. Boss you can never compare UNIBEN products to AAU either you agree with me or not. SHALOM.
law school has proven otherwise,nothing exceptional about u guys.i think it's pertinent we have somewhat of a professional exam for all courses like what the law school is reputable for,because it will be the perfect basis to judge and not your supposed baseless and assertion.chill bro.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Futurecrown(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
Youngjohnosas:
law school has proven otherwise,nothing exceptional about u guys.i think it's pertinent we have somewhat of a professional exam for all courses like what the law school is reputable for,because it will be the perfect basis to judge and not your supposed baseless and assertion.chill bro.
Six UNIBEN graduates make First Class in your said Law school last year, I think you were not aware of that? Do you know that Shlumberger pick the best Engineering student from UNIBEN yearly for interns without any application? Take it or leave it some School still have there reputation......For example I did my IT at Total upstream, I could not see any student from state University there, I meet the like of Unilag, UNIBEN, Covenant, futo, OAU and futa there...
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Futurecrown(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
Youngjohnosas:
OGA leave that guy,no need replying a dead brain,i met a fellow who graduated from uniben at nysc camp and we tagged him "Mr know all" simply because he always wanted to prove uniben is always right but at the end of it all he was humbled..i attended a good secondary school in Benin and majority of my friends including those who passed well and those that were pushed to pass school there.Nothing extra ordinary about them save for a few exceptional ones.the law school for example has opened our eyes.
You call me a dead brain? Funny you, I haven't meet you in person or prove my academics prowess to you to ascertain your myopic reason about me but I will be more civic to talk to you, firstly I graduated with distinction from both Yabatech and PTi, Electrical/Electronics Engineering to be precise and I got job with a Telecom servicing company for more than four years, in a bid to bootstapp to the apogee of my career and to negate story that touch the mind, I resigned and proceeded to UNIBEN for my degree program. I started from 300l in the said School.... So, if you wanna know much about me try pm me and let me teach you something about life cos I'm not a kid like you, try to respect others on this social platform.... Shalom.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by FreQ: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
uthmaniac:
Yh

Can I have some minutes of your time for a private discussion? I sent you a PM. Please check and send me an empty mail. I have some ideas I wish to communicate privately with you
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by edoairways: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2020
Futurecrown:
EdoBoy90 said the honest truth
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ecowas: 10:30am On Feb 01, 2020
ammyluv2002:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed
Eya!
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Darvid(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
You include Usman Dan Fodio?. you must be a pure joker
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Grossmanb(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
MrHenshaw:

18 and 19 confirmes your list authentic.
It the truth [university of agriculture, umudike] is another hell in earth 😳 grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IMT Student Made Iron Man As His Project (Photos) / Cultism, Why, Effects, And How To Curb The Menace / 7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.