Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Audi Vs Mercedes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Vs Mercedes (3461 Views)

Toyota Vs Mercedes Benz G Wagon: Battle Of The Metals And Plastics / Lexus Or Mercedes? 2008 Lexus IS 250 Vs Mercedes Benz C300 Comparison / Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi Vs Mercedes by imiski(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
I am interested in getting a car soon, used to be a vvvery huge fan of mercedes. But recently it seems mercedes has become a "stero type" car for anybody that wants to show he has "arrived" . So I was thinking about audi, if it can be compared as a good substitute to mercedes, in terms of performance.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2019
It can be used as a substitute but I'll say Benz is matchless

2 Likes

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:
It can be used as a substitute but I'll say Benz is matchless

Says who?
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2019
imiski:
I am interested in getting a car soon, used to be a vvvery huge fan of mercedes. But recently it seems mercedes has become a "stero type" car for anybody that wants to show he has "arrived" . So I was thinking about audi, if it can be compared as a good substitute to mercedes, in terms of performance.

An Audi is a more driver focused car. Its got more grip, better handling even in wet slippery roads, audi has on average similar if not more powerful engines than a comparable Mercedes and offer same level of sophistication and comfort while keeping you safe. An Audi is more track oriented. Go for it but don't touch an abused unit as it can kill your bank manager.

5 Likes

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Says who?

Says ME.

Which of the Audis have you used or driven at least?
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Says ME.

Which of the Audis have you used or driven at least?
Power for power, class for class, technology for technology an Audi trumps a merc.

Don't argue what is beyond you.

5 Likes

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2019
Audi is good o.. Track oriented as you've said. I give them that.. Benz is more balanced.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:
Audi is good o.. Track oriented as you've said. I give them that.. Benz is more balanced.
Balanced in what sense? Lol. Don't be deceived an Audi is more planted to the tarmac/road than you think.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Power for power, class for class, technology for technology an Audi trumps a merc.

Don't argue what is beyond you.
Mercedes-Benz vehicles, on average, have a higher predicted reliability rating than Audis. Most of the Mercedes lineup has scores of 3.5 or above, which is above-average for all vehicles on the market and is a good predictor of costs down the road. Earning a score of 4 out of 5 is the 2018 Mercedes GLS SUV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Balanced in what sense? Lol. Don't be deceived an Audi is more planted to the tarmac/road than you think.

Yes, Audi offers enhanced performance and upgraded suspensions in some of their models

but Benz takes it to a whole new level with their AMG tuning arm..
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 8:26am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Yes, Audi offers enhanced performance and upgraded suspensions in some of their models

Have you heard o Audi S and Audi RS line? Vo figure them out.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 8:26am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Mercedes-Benz vehicles, on average, have a higher predicted reliability rating than Audis. Most of the Mercedes lineup has scores of 3.5 or above, which is above-average for all vehicles on the market and is a good predictor of costs down the road. Earning a score of 4 out of 5 is the 2018 Mercedes GLS SUV
Reliability yes merc wins, but practicality, Audi shines.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Have you heard o Audi S and Audi RS line? Vo figure them out.
See eh.. the Audi RS lines, even S4, RS 3, and RS 5 take the confident performance of mainstream Audi vehicles and ratchet the excitement up a notch
but Benz AMG tuning arm outclasses 'em all.
I'm yet to see a better tech.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Reliability yes merc wins, but practicality, Audi shines.
No one is in doubt Audi shines but they can't rival Benz. Unlike Benz, Audi tries new things more but aren't reliable. Benz, despite slow to new tech are most reliable; does that which they know best..
Compare them with BMW instead.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

No one is in doubt Audi shines but they can't rival Benz. Unlike Benz, Audi tries new things more but aren't reliable. Benz, despite slow to new tech are most reliable; does that which they know best..
Compare them with BMW instead.
I like your knowledge of cars. Let's follow each other.

2 Likes

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

I like your knowledge of cars. Let's follow each other.

following.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by 9icetoo(m): 11:22am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Please you guys should stop mentioning AMG when talking about Benz in this group. Majority of the people who comment here can't afford it. Can't buy it and will not buy it.
Let's not stretch the discussion to 2018/2020 models.
Let's be realistic, we are probably talking about 04-13 models here which is within the buying power of majority of people here.
Unless OP comes out to say he is looking a 13 models and above which his description does not suggest.
Any time a Benz discussion comes up, someone throws in an AMG. Abeg, make we focus.
Back to the topic, Audi is Volkswagen Las Las with higher luxury. I'd take an Audi over a Benz only if it will be a second car. I can't kill myself by myself. Remember, it's still a Volkswagen under that body with all the shortcomings of a modern Volkswagen. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2019
9icetoo:

Please you guys should stop mentioning AMG when talking about Benz in this group. Majority of the people who comment here can't afford it. Can't buy it and will not buy it.
Let's be realistic, we are probably talking about 04-13 models here which is within the buying power of majority of people here.
Unless OP comes out to say he is looking a 13 models and above which his description does not suggest.
Any time a Benz discussion comes up, someone throws in an AMG. Abeg, make we focus.
Back to the topic, Audi is Volkswagen Las Las with higher luxury. I'd take an Audi over a Benz only if it will be a second car. I can't kill myself by myself. Remember, it's still a Volkswagen under that body with all the shortcomings of a modern Volkswagen. wink

Audi won't even measure up if you date back "04-13"
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Audi won't even measure up if you date back "04-
13 11"

Fixed tongue
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Neroiam(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2019
rationalmind:

Fixed tongue

Lol .
Day one side na.. Make i know where i dey direct this thunder go

But my guy, i don use Audi, na A5 i use pass.. I don use Benz wella.. Benz get level o
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Says who?
He spoke right
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
9icetoo:

Couldn't have said it better. EoD.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

An Audi is a more driver focused car. Its got more grip, better handling even in wet slippery roads, audi has on average similar if not more powerful engines than a comparable Mercedes and offer same level of sophistication and comfort while keeping you safe . An Audi is more track oriented. Go for it but don't touch an abused unit as it can kill your bank manager.

Not true. Benz is wickedly assembled

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by KINGreignn: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

Lol .
Day one side na.. Make i know where i dey direct this thunder go

But my guy, i don use Audi, na A5 i use pass.. I don use Benz wella.. Benz get level o
Use an A4 and a C class, A6 and E class then we know its the Audi that takes the shine. Even in their avant models.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Neroiam:

See eh.. the Audi RS lines, even S4, RS 3, and RS 5 take the confident performance of mainstream Audi vehicles and ratchet the excitement up a notch
but Benz AMG tuning arm outclasses 'em all.
I'm yet to see a better tech.

That's funny. Let's compare 0-60 numbers.
Audi Rs5: 3.7s
AMG C63s: 3.7s

Both are equal stock, even though the Merc has way more torque and power. The Audi is also far more tunable, though.

Audi RS6: 3.6s
E63s: 3.0s

E63s is faster.

Mercedes' fastest car is the AMG Gt63s doing 0-60 in 2.9s.
Audi's fastest car is the R8 V10 Plus, 0-60 in 2.6s.

I have no idea how Mercedes-AMG is somehow better than Audi's performance arm.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

That's funny. Let's compare 0-60 numbers.
Audi Rs5: 3.7s
AMG C63s: 3.7s

Both are equal stock, even though the Merc has way more torque and power. The Audi is also far more tunable, though.

Audi RS6: 3.6s
E63s: 3.0s

E63s is faster.

Mercedes' fastest car is the AMG Gt63s doing 0-60 in 2.9s.
Audi's fastest car is the R8 V10 Plus, 0-60 in 2.6s.

I have no idea how Mercedes-AMG is somehow better than Audi's performance arm.
Speed does not make a vehicle better. I'd pick a Mercedes Benz over Audi ten times over and over again.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Speed does not make a vehicle better. I'd pick a Mercedes Benz over Audi ten times over and over again.

Benz or Nothing crew and shifting goalposts.

You love to see it. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Benz or Nothing crew and shifting goalposts.

You love to see it. grin

Make no mistake, I love Audi but not at the expense of the Mercedes Benz.
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Both are nice. But Audis makes you stand out more. Cos only a car enthusiast can go for an audi or a bmw.

Audis also have a more futuristic (high-tech) appearance as well. Using an audi car makes you feel like you’re the boss in a sci-fi movie
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
Both are nice. But Audis makes you stand out more. Cos only a car enthusiast can go for an audi or a bmw.

Audis also have a more futuristic (high-tech) appearance as well. Using an audi car makes you feel like you’re the boss in a sci-fi movie
Izz that all? I have an Audi and I don't feel that way. Ordinary thermostat replacement is a serious job....that requires the removal of the intake manifold... Who does that? Don't provoke me sir.

1 Like

Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by DownChelsea(f): 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Izz that all? I have an Audi and I don't feel that way. Ordinary thermostat replacement is a serious job....that requires the removal of the intake manifold... Who does that? Don't provoke me sir.
your car (your own personal car) has provoked you already. Don’t transfer the aggression to me
Re: Audi Vs Mercedes by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
DownChelsea:
your car (your own personal car) has provoked you already. Don’t transfer the aggression to me

Nope.... I still prefer my car to the Corolla. You only need a ride inside to forget the Coro. Your moniker is an odium to civil discuss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lexus Es300 Or Toyota Corolla / Helpful Tips On How To Identify Automotive Fluid Leaks / Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.