Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo (11507 Views)

"Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital / Nneoma Rochas Okorocha & Jacob Zuma's Wife Pictured In Government House, Owerri / The Chapel Okorocha Built In Government House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by dre11(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday said it was sheer madness for anybody occupying public offices to be looking for money.

He said President Muhammadu Buhari told him repeatedly that at his age, his only heart’s desire was to see a great Nigeria.
He said Buhari had no other objective in office than that.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, the Vice-President spoke while receiving a delegation of Christian Ministers Welfare Initiative also known as the Pastors’ Forum, Taraba State, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“This morning, I had a meeting with the President and he repeated to me twice, he said ‘at my age, there is only one thing I am looking for, I want to see a great Nigeria.’ He has no other objective and I feel very inspired by that,” Osinbajo reportedly told his guests.

He said anybody who had the opportunity of being the President of the country should only be thinking of how to improve the lot of the people.

Osinbajo said, “It is madness for anybody in our position to be looking for money.

“According to him, God put people in a position of authority for them to be able to do something for their people.

“I think if any Nigerian gets the chance to be President of the country, there is nothing he/she is looking for anymore, except that, while there, you improve the lot of the people.”

Osinbajo reiterated his position that no economy could tolerate the level of corruption seen in Nigeria without the consequence.

He regretted that while Nigerians were being killed by the Boko Haram fighters, people could not account for $15bn meant for the purchase of security equipment to fight the insurgents.

The Vice-President also explained how vandalism of oil installations had contributed to the recession being witnessed in the country.

He said Nigeria had lost several millions of barrels of crude oil due to the activities of militants in the Niger Delta.

On power, the Vice-President said the country was producing 5,000MW of power for the first time by early 2016, but by February 2016 the Forcados terminal was destroyed by militants.

As a result of the vandalism, he said 40 per cent of the gas used to fire the power plants was lost and the country was down to 2,500MW of power.

He observed that at the time the militants started blowing up oil and gas installations, the amnesty stipends were still being paid, insisting that they went violent because of ongoing investigation of corrupt persons.

“Nothing changed, the only reason is that we are investigating people who have stolen money,” Osinbajo said.

He added that the country was losing one million barrels of oil a day, nothing that, that was 60 per cent of the country’s revenues, and there was nowhere such an amount of revenue would be lost that people would not experience economic challenge and recession.

While expressing optimism that the country would come out of the recession, Osinbajo stated that “there is no question at all, God has a reason for bringing us in at this time and God helping us, we will see a change in this country.”

He urged the Church and all religious leaders to stand up against corruption, stressing that if this government had been doing the right thing by fighting corruption, the Church should support it.

He also assured his guests that the Federal Government was working hard to end the problem of the ravaging herdsmen.

Osinbajo said the President had instructed the police and the military to act and deal with the herdsmen’s menace.

He said those behind the herdsmen’s violence were criminals.

While calling on honest men in the country to work together, Osinbajo said God had structured Nigeria in such a way that no one could dominate another.

http://punchng.com/anybody-government-looking-money-mad-osinbajo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by INTROVERT(f): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari might not be a thief but aishaburton is, his ministers are and in fact most Nigerians are especially when one is elevated to such positions which is sad. As per ND, baba made a grave mistake whether by ignorance, wrong advice or plain vengence by canceling sure p, revoking pipeline protection contracts and some other benefits ND people were managing, however as stated by osibade we are all suffering in terms of power as it seems crocodile smile is now turning to crocodile tears.

12 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by shikshark: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2016
im 150,000% sure that noise is the only thing APC gats to offer till 2019......God help this country

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Flyingngel(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2016
Tell that to Ameachi, Fashola, Fayemi and countless others.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Oladimejyy(m): 6:26am On Sep 30, 2016
That means you are also mad because na money u self go find dier

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Destined2win: 6:31am On Sep 30, 2016
Kindly slash your salary and benefits to 50 percent.

13 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:32am On Sep 30, 2016
With the kind of money APC shared in Edo gubernatorial election.

Please who is the current National Security Adviser?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2016
Look at what politics has a pastor into. SMH

9 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by henrysam(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2016
Then it means you are mad . where could you have gotten those money you declared to CCB without any history of been a business man except for politics. Tar u better keep quiet there and face recession your oga put u in charge

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Abeymills(m): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Zombie pastor abeg shift

5 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Tallesty1(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Osibanjo: Anybody looking for money in government is mad.

Me: Osibanjo is mad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by GoodofNaija: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2016
I agree with the VP.

The major reason behind pipeline vandalism is the probe of looters!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by TPAND(f): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2016
Frustration of underperformance and unfulfilled promises is worrying Pastor ooo.

Pastor is now using foul languages. grin grin

Anybody that makes a promise that he cannot fulfill is worse than the devil -Tpand 2016

5 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Donpressman(m): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Then you are mad sir

3 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by funlord(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2016
shocked

I never knew that my nigga "mac 10" don get connections to dey supply villa with better skunk oh?

Otu Banjo must have made this statement after puffing on some super bombdiggy?

5 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by omolola15(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Mr vp we know all these you are telling us. We need a quick response to the problems on ground. I believe we'll get there.

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Zico5(m): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2016
Help me tell them o my vice president. We all know the evils that were perpetrated under the clueless president where everyone was scooping our common wealth unabated. Only the gullible will still have liver to vote such people into the sensitive positions. I recon that the best is to put PDP into the past with what is going on in Delta, Balyesa and Rivers where the governor could hardly pay the workers with all the derivation accrued to them. Buhari is here just to save Nigeria and we will continue to support him until when Nigeria become better.
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by steppin: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2016
Mr commissioner, who asked you?

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by timeman: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2016
GEJ must hear this. Kiss the truth!
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by loomer: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2016
In other words, YOU MUST BE MAD

4 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by 40manlappy: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2016
grin grin
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Ask4Info: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2016
INTROVERT:
Buhari might not be a thief but aishaburton is, his ministers are and in fact most Nigerians are especially when one is elevated to such positions which is sad. As per ND, baba made a grave mistake whether by ignorance, wrong advice or plain vengence by canceling sure p, revoking pipeline protection contracts and some other benefits ND people were managing, [/b]however as stated by osibade we are all suffering in terms of power as it seems crocodile smile is now turning to crocodile tears.

If you claim you are fighting corruption why keep funding it? Sure P was an obvious scam. Even those who served in the last administration admitted to it.

WHICH SANE CUNTRY EMPOWERS CRIMINALS TO SECURE IT'S WATERS OR ENVIRONMENT? JOnathan was just naive and he needed support by all means so he felt giving criminals contract will make him protected. Even Jonathan thought those Militants were more Powerful than the Military.

Things might seem diffult now but remember, a man usually has to struggle and suffer in the morning to have a joyful evening

3 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by FunnyQuotes(f): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Haaaaa....Pastor!!!! Epe!!!

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by goldman777: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2016
Hell fire will be full if hell is real undecided
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Pavore9: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2016
They are not mad because access to public funds is the reason why many fight and kill to occupy a political office!
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by BrutalJab: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2016
With due respect, You are mad Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by 989900: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Childish and ignorant comments everywhere on NL these days.
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by TamedWolf90: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Pastor a.k.a Mr Vice President

2 Likes

Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Ekeke1(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
What do we make of Dasuki?
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
In Oba of Lagos Voice...."PDP and all it's wailers can go and ....
Re: Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo by kunlej2: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
how will this boost the economy?
dollar now 500 naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku / Azazi’s Kinsmen Against His Burial In Yenagoa / Keyamo Petitions Prisons Over Attempt To Sodomise Charles Okah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.