Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos (23985 Views)

Gunmen Kill Nigerian Man In Mozambique, Steal His Money, Bury Him In Bush (Graph / Badoo Members Kill Family Of 5 In Ikorodu (Graphic Photos) / Gunmen Kill Zaki Biam, Benue Community Residents In Cold Blood (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by victordan1993(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2016
Gunmen, in the early hours of yesterday, stormed a church’s premises at Oke-Ota community in Ibeshe area of Ikorodu, Lagos, and shot dead six members of same family.

The victims comprised a man identified as Mr. Celestine Nwokoye, who was a taxi driver at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, his wife and four children, among who was an eight-month-old baby boy.

Circumstances surrounding the incident could not be immediately ascertained as the Lagos State Police Command said it was still working to unravel the cause.

Vanguard gathered that the assailants announced their presence with sporadic gun shots. While some made straight for the apartment occupied by the Nwokoye family, others stood outside, waiting for any intruder.

A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Vanguard: “It happened while everyone was asleep. While the gun shots sounded, we all concluded they were robbers.

“I even brought out the only N3,500 I had at home, placed it on the table with the intention of giving it to them if they break into our apartment. I told my wife and children to hide and never come out should the thieves enter our apartment.

“It was after we were sure that they had gone that some people went out, only to find Celestine and every member of his family on the ground.

“Celestine was shot on the neck and stomach. His eight-month-old baby boy was shot in the stomach, the bullet hit his three-year-old son in the ribs, while his wife was shot in three different places, including his two daughters.

“Celestine and his sons died on the spot. But his wife and two daughters were still breathing. They were rushed to the hospital where they were confirmed dead. Nobody knows what would have warranted such tragedy that wiped out an entire family.”

Spokesperson for Lagos State Police Command, Dolapo Badmus, when contacted, confirmed the incident.

She said: “There was a report that one Celestine Nwokoye attached to the taxi park at the Lagos airport and all members of his family were found in pools of their own blood.

“The command is working assiduously to unravel the occurrence. We have a lead we are working on and we are optimistic that there will be a breakthrough.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/gunmen-wipe-family-6-lagos/

2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by 360xclusive(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2016
FP comment dedicated to all PDP supporters in EDO state... grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by yeyeboi(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2016
OMG shocked 360xclusive stole my ftc angry

But why the killing after robbing? RIP to the dead but the wicked will not go unpunished

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by shamack: 8:09am On Sep 30, 2016
RIP,,,,,,felt like crying

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Adeoba10(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2016
yeyeboi:

But why the killing after robbing? RIP to the dead but the wicked will not go unpunished
Not a robbery case.... Dos ppl were hired to assasinate dat family.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by yeyeboi(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Adeoba10:

Not a robbery case.... Dos ppl were hired to assasinate dat family.

All Join

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by omoplaycool(m): 8:23am On Sep 30, 2016
nextprince:
Flat heads and assassination are just like 5&6 grin.
God help us.... Is this how less human we get to degenerate daily? Something this serious and you are saying such......... SMH

81 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by EMMYLBANKS(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2016
I was told if this set of criminals ask for God mercy he will still grant them one...so were is the justice:/

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by chuose2: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2016

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by engrjacuzzi: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2016
God save your people.
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2016
shocked
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2016
This is too much na

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by porshuch: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2016
crazy world
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by seundp(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2016
cruel world!
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by MakeWeTalk: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2016

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by nerodenero: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2016
nextprince:

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Oceemo(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2016
Head it on channels TV this morning was so devastated how will someone in his right senses shot dead an 8 months child.

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by 4nobody4every1: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2016
sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by BrutalJab: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2016
nextprince:

And this one was created by God o. Chei

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by HopeAlive14(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2016
We are definitely at the end time.

The love of many are waxing cold day by day.

RIP to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2016
yeyeboi:

but when actually will the wicked be punished?
Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2016
see weyrey don turn am to tribal rants again, Make God just destroy this humans without soul

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by BrutalJab: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2016
But why will some set of people turn this to a tribal issue

May God punish any tribal bigot on this thread.

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by ammyluv2002(f): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Sometimes, I wonder how the judgment day will be. ....some people sin fit cover hell

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Paulscholari(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Haba...this is too much. This is the wickedness of the wicked. Whole family wiped out..the alone of the innocent ones dey killed will cry against them and their entire generation.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by phil0(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
assassins not armed robbers.......God have mercy

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by AreaFada2: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
They were sent to wipe out the family.

Some feud somewhere.

Geezors, not even the kids were spared. The heart of man is desperately wicked.

Rip to the tragic family.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by vengertime: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
nextprince:
I pray it happens to you too very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Tomorrow now they will be jumping from one church to another looking 4 deliverance
Truth is KARMA DOES NOT SLEEP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Family Of Six In Lagos by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
I was told if this set of criminals ask for God mercy he will still grant them one...so were is the justice:/
the last thing you'll do as a humanbeing is to question God. Pls don't try to question the authority of God.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Go To Church For Confession After Robbery – Suspect Reveals (pictured) / ASP Arrested For Raping Ogun FCE Students In Police Custody / PHOTOS: Nigerian Indicted For Fraud And Money Laundering In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.