Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website (5110 Views)

Friendosphere Is Back!! / For Those Interested In Donating To Friendosphere / Candycrush-cheats.com Is Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2016
Haven't talked much about it, but Friendosphere is a community that has lot's of features you'll love. Let me list out some features:

* In-built messaging feature (not e-mail to e-mail style messaging)
* Ability to create groups
* Ability to upvote and downvote
* Automatic movement of threads to the front-page (It's based on amount of upvotes the thread gets)
* Movement of off-topic threads
* Really cool ban bot (Won't hurt your feelings)
* And others

You don't need to worry about manually getting a moderator to move your thread, it's done automatically, just post a good thread following the forum rules, get upvotes and you get moved automatically. Show interest in a thread by upvoting/downvoting it and display your votes on your profile.

Also, you can add tags to show more information of what your thread is about...
Plus, a syntax highlighter that cares about your code.

Post any issues with the site here and I shall get it fixed and I'm also looking for moderators, to signify interest, register on the site and share your profile here.

Note; Just to be clear, Friendosphere is in now way exactly similar to other Forum websites designed by any Nairalander, same way Stack Overflow and Quora is different from each other is the same way Friendosphere is different from Nairaland/Gdevit (they all have their perspectives and I'm a fan of both sites) .

Larisoft, Fulaman198, Teempakguy, babayega, hardebayho, crotonite, ALLU, mbatuku2, sleepingdemon, booyakasha, FincoApps, Djade, Blenyo11, davidthegeek, sonoflucifer, seunlanlege, olumyco, fedric, hassan4, Asalimpo, satmaniac, bigtt76, LordRahl001, logicalhumour, Stconvict, Crieff, ANTONINEUTRON, talk2hb1, guente02, VenantCode, CodeHouse, KazukiIto, lekropasky, CodeNister, heywhy824, Cooldude68, godofbrowser, GoodBoi01, rushman003, yunglary, uvalued, Solmax, fretfingers, romme2u, brandable, ukorsimplicity, Charpell, badthinds, Nascimento, omoelu1, jidez007, omosisko, spoilerx, airsaylongcon, geekybabe, yinkeys, sinequanon, Nmeri17, Standing5 e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2016
This is a good website, weldone

2 Likes

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Karleb(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is cool. cool

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by kingofthejungle(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
registering right away

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hahaha chai I don't have mb oooo
Lemme recharge and check it out!!!!!
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
Haven't talked much about
* In-built messaging feature (not e-mail to e-mail style messaging)
* Ability to create groups
* Ability to upvote and downvote
* Automatic movement of threads to the front-page (It's based on amount of upvotes the thread gets)
* Movement of off-topic threads
* Really cool ban bot (Won't hurt your feelings)
* And others
Really cool feature mehn and I guess its not only for programmers as the name implies.

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
I've been registered for a while. I'll start contributing when I'm ready.

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
Craigston:
Please post screenshot here!!!
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Please post screenshot here!!!
Screen shot of what? Just go to the website and REGISTER.
@DanielTheGeek
How's the move to improve this section going? Has the thread been abandoned just like blueyedgeek's thread?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by guente02(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
Css is breaking on my ucweb.
Navigation List bullets shooting my screen from every direction.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Craigston:

Screen shot of what? Just go to the website and REGISTER.
@DanielTheGeek
How's the move to improve this section going? Has the thread been abandoned just like blueyedgeek's thread?

@Craigston, I appreciate your support, Still trying to get things to Seun, maybe we will go with @sleepingdemon's way at the end of the day.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
guente02:
Css is breaking on my ucweb. Navigation List bullets shooting my screen from every direction.
I apologize for any below-par UX at the moment, will get it fixed.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
Craigston:
Thanks man, plus [side_gist]I actually forgot about the website[/side_gist] now I'm available full time (partly full time).
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Really cool feature mehn and I guess its not only for programmers as the name implies.
You are a really smart kid, I found it funny no one asked me about the domain name.
There's a lot of story and Chemistry between me and that domain, I'd create a group on [url=friendosphere.com/groups]friendosphere[/url] about the domain history.
Do you know there's a [url=friendosphere.com/groups/php-developers/]PHP[/url] group on friendosphere?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
kingofthejungle:
registering right away
Karleb:
This is cool. cool
KvnqPrezo:

I sight you @kingofthejungle, thanks.

@Kvngprezo, signup already, what are you waiting for? Remember, no annoying ban bots.

Do you know that you don't need a mod to bring down/close certain threads in certain sections? Based on the section, certain amount of down-votes on a thread can un-publish the thread. You are in control.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by kingofthejungle(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

@Kvngprezo, signup already, what are you waiting for? Remember, no annoying ban bots.

Do you know that you don't need a mod to bring down/close certain threads in certain sections? Based on the section, certain amount of down-votes on a thread can un-publish the thread. You are in control.
just like stackoverflow

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Mehn really cool can't wait to register ...
I fancy that name die Friendosphere lol you took everybody on surprise wasn't expecting anything... I was like wetin be Friendosphere again...
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Jenifa123: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

You are a really smart kid, I found it funny no one asked me about the domain name.
There's a lot of story and Chemistry between me and that domain, I'd create a group on [url=friendosphere.com/groups]friendosphere[/url] about the domain history.
Do you know there's a [url=friendosphere.com/groups/php-developers/]PHP[/url] group on friendosphere?
No I will be there tonight just busy...
Check out this open source forum script www.flarum.net it uses tag and category...
Like under programming you'll see tag like php,python etc... Sha lemme check friendosphere...
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
@DanielTheGeek
Your whatsapp number but if you can't drop it here then inbox me(I guess you have mine) I've not saved your and i gat Lotta msg can't identity your own...
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by toheebDOTcom(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
Registered... Nice job

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by DavidTheGeek: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Well done.
One issue tho.. You listed the site features - very good features - but you didn't state WHY THE SITE EXISTS.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
Well done.
One issue tho.. You listed the site features - very good features - but you didn't state WHY THE SITE EXISTS.
It's on the homepage of the website, It exists for you!
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Booyakasha(f): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2016
Interesting, you can try out some other colors instead of the traditional white and grey. And site looks empty, I'll want to fill up the site with lots of quality contents if I were you. Above all, try to figure out some original functionality ideas you can implement on your community, it'll make the whole experience cooler. What algorithm are you using for ranking threads?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2016
Booyakasha:
Interesting, you can try out some other colors instead of the traditional white and grey. And site looks empty, I'll want to fill up the site with lots of quality contents if I were you. Above all, try to figure out some original functionality ideas you can implement on your community, it'll make the whole experience cooler. What algorithm are you using for ranking threads?
Cool he really need a professional color..
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by VenantCode(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hi, that's nice. A big thumbs up to you. What tech stack did you use?

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Booyakasha:
Above all, try to figure out some original functionality ideas you can implement on your community, it'll make the whole experience cooler. What algorithm are you using for ranking threads?

Here are the variables that determine a thread's quality/rank:
Votes/score,
Views,
Replies/Answers,
Reply/Answer Votes
Time the thread was created,
Time of last activity on the thread,
Reputation of thread's OP,
Reputations of thread repliers.

The algo is similar to reddit's:

t = (time of entry post) - (Dec 8, 2005)
x = upvotes - downvotes
y = {1 if x > 0, 0 if x = 0, -1 if x < 0)
z = {1 if x < 0, otherwise x}
log(z) + (y * t)/45000

But more like SO:
(log(Qviews)*4) + ((Qanswers * Qscore)/5) + sum(Ascores)
--------------------------------------------------------
((QageInHours+1) - ((QageInHours - Qupdated)/2)) ^ 1.5

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by directonpc(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

It's on the homepage of the website, It exists for you!
My user experience there is something around 1/5 signed up but can't login even after giving the site the leverage of going to check my mail to activate my account.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2016
directonpc:

My user experience there is something around 1/5 signed up but can't login even after giving the site the leverage of going to check my mail to activate my account.
This could be caused based on multiple reasons and there's a 85% possibility that it's being caused by you, others have signed up and been able to login after confirming their e-mail address. What's your username?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by teampregar(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2016
But DanielGeek i just tried to read the terms of service for friendosphere an in the "Permitted and Prohibited" : ' regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any U.S. laws' ...Now my question is wetin concern U. S laws for Nigeria na?? Are u the one that wrote those terms??
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by directonpc(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

This could be caused based on multiple reasons and there's a 85% possibility that it's being caused by you, others have signed up and been able to login after confirming their e-mail address. What's your username?
eaweb (tried via OperaMini) with many fontawesome ico displaying just x
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
teampregar:
But DanielGeek i just tried to read the terms of service for friendosphere an in the "Permitted and Prohibited" : ' regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any U.S. laws' ...Now my question is wetin concern U. S laws for Nigeria na?? Are u the one that wrote those terms??
That's not a mistake at all. There's a big possibility Friendosphere will incorporate in the U.S, if it doesn't at the end of the day, the T&C will be updated.

The website is neither for Nigerians nor Africans only. Everyone's invited.

I guess you're doing payback for this :-)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Haitian Ipod: D / Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? / Please Any Php/mysql Developers Whatsapp Group Out There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.