Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website (5108 Views)

Friendosphere Is Back!! / For Those Interested In Donating To Friendosphere / Candycrush-cheats.com Is Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello people, I've decided to move friendosphere onto an Open Source Q&A platform because while expanding some inner features, I noticed I wasn't doing anything fairly new..so I said to myself "why beat around the bush?"

I will be extending the Open Source framework instead, adding many new features to it, to the extent that it may become a strong S.O competitor.

Existing users will still be able to login with their previous credentials.

Friendosphere v2 will be out soon after many patches and behind-the-scenes minor releases.

To unregistered users:
Please wait for the new release expected on or before October 6 2016, but if you really need to register, please do. (I have a special gift for v1 migrated members)

Please note: V1.~ users will be migrated to the V2 platform but will be required to reset their password for security reasons, please bear with me and follow the process, the land will be green and full of honey.

New features to be expected:
1. Posts flagging,
2. Users that have pretty high points become experts in the community.
3. Single click sign in
4. New algorithm to determine question/post hotness
5. Other new features will be listed as they are added.

Re-modified features:
1. Ban bot:
Although old users didn't have time to feel how the bot works, I decided to keep the bot's activities low this time as flagging will be introduced instead, the purpose of Friendosphere is to keep the dev sphere safe, by users for users. So posts flagged many times will be brought down. Downvotes no longer determine whether a question/post should remain active.

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
Haven't talked much about it, but Friendosphere is a community that has lot's of features you'll love. Let me list out some features:

* In-built messaging feature (not e-mail to e-mail style messaging)
* Ability to create groups
* Ability to upvote and downvote
* Automatic movement of threads to the front-page (It's based on amount of upvotes the thread gets)
* Movement of off-topic threads
* Really cool ban bot (Won't hurt your feelings)
* And others

You don't need to worry about manually getting a moderator to move your thread, it's done automatically, just post a good thread following the forum rules, get upvotes and you get moved automatically. Show interest in a thread by upvoting/downvoting it and display your votes on your profile.

Also, you can add tags to show more information of what your thread is about...
Plus, a syntax highlighter that cares about your code.

Post any issues with the site here and I shall get it fixed and I'm also looking for moderators, to signify interest, register on the site and share your profile here.

Note; Just to be clear, Friendosphere is in now way exactly similar to other Forum websites designed by any Nairalander, same way Stack Overflow and Quora is different from each other is the same way Friendosphere is different from Nairaland/Gdevit (they all have their perspectives and I'm a fan of both sites) .

Larisoft, Fulaman198, Teempakguy, babayega, hardebayho, crotonite, ALLU, mbatuku2, sleepingdemon, booyakasha, FincoApps, Djade, Blenyo11, davidthegeek, sonoflucifer, seunlanlege, olumyco, fedric, hassan4, Asalimpo, satmaniac, bigtt76, LordRahl001, logicalhumour, Stconvict, Crieff, ANTONINEUTRON, talk2hb1, guente02, VenantCode, CodeHouse, KazukiIto, lekropasky, CodeNister, heywhy824, Cooldude68, godofbrowser, GoodBoi01, rushman003, yunglary, uvalued, Solmax, fretfingers, romme2u, brandable, ukorsimplicity, Charpell, badthinds, Nascimento, omoelu1, jidez007, omosisko, spoilerx, airsaylongcon, geekybabe, yinkeys, sinequanon, Nmeri17, Standing5 e.t.c

Friendosphere v2.0.6 is now ready guys. I need moderators that can help create relevant categories and keep the site "friendly".
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
The user with the highest number of points shall get the equivalence in naira by January 1st. Exclusive to Naira land.

E.g: 15,000 points = N15,000
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by isaanyoha: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Yes! I'm excited! I asked the first question ever on http://friendosphere.com. Please Team friendosphere promise me you guys would never remove my question. I want to see it in the next 10 years that I did that. I know & fan quora, stackoverflow and I'm already loving 'friendosphere'. You guys are the future! It would never be that easy but you would hit it. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
isaanyoha:
Yes! I'm excited! I asked the first question ever on http://friendosphere.com. Please Team friendosphere promise me you guys would never remove my question. I want to see it in the next 10 years that I did that. I know & fan quora, stackoverflow and I'm already loving 'friendosphere'. You guys are the future! It would never be that easy but you would hit it. Thank you!
By remaining active, you can contribute to making friendosphere popular. Thank you.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by kudaisi(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2016
It looks pretty good. One question though, did you develop Frendosphere yourself ?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2016
kudaisi:
It looks pretty good. One question though, did you develop Frendosphere yourself ?

Forked a GitHub project and remodelled it, improved the algorithms and totally engineered the back end. So basically, Yes. The front-end is just some random bootstrap template you can find anywhere.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by kudaisi(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Forked a GitHub project and remodelled it, improved the algorithms and totally engineered the back end. So basically, Yes. The front-end is just some random bootstrap template you can find anywhere.
Nice one bro, I was going to say it looks a lot like Question2Answer open source project. http://www.question2answer.org/
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Jenifa123: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

@Craigston, I appreciate your support, Still trying to get things to Seun, maybe we will go with @sleepingdemon's way at the end of the day.
Holla Dan, what's up with friendosphere? I've been unable to login there: the pahe keeps asking me to retry. Is it a temporary problem you are aware of?
Congrats on the new design.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by noordean(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I can't login with my details.
Or is it that the old registrations are gone?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
noordean:

I can't login with my details. Or is it that the old registrations are gone?
Yes, I stated that in an earlier post. I'm sorry about that.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Craigston:

Holla Dan, what's up with friendosphere? I've been unable to login there: the pahe keeps asking me to retry. Is it a temporary problem you are aware of?
Congrats on the new design.

I guess you're trying to login with your old details. Due to the recent data-loss that won't be possible, I hope you don't mind re-registering.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I guess you're trying to login with your old details. Due to the recent data-loss that won't be possible, I hope you don't mind re-registering.
I got this error on attempting a new registration. It's the same thing with login.
That "Please click again to confirm" just doesn't go away.

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Craigston:

I got this error on attempting a new registration. It's the same thing with login.
That "Please click again to confirm" just doesn't go away.
I will look into this issue and get back to you. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I will look into this issue and get back to you. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Registration successful. What's up with the confirmation email? I didn't receive it.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Craigston:

Registration successful. What's up with the confirmation email? I didn't receive it.

will check that too.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 25, 2016
Craigston:

Will look into it.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by okwyee(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Will look into it.
Hey man... Answer my question na... It's been two days now, or you Neva check your site?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
okwyee:

Hey man... Answer my question na... It's been two days now, or you Neva check your site?

I saw it (and also up voted) but was busy at the moment so I couldn't answer.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Will look into it.
Same moniker if you need to check.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by uvalued(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2016
@danielthegeek the feature you posted are good for a forum like nairaland. .. dont you think it like that a general forum
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2016
Craigston:
Same moniker if you need to check.
I think you have confirmed your email already
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I think you have confirmed your email already
Really? I don't think so.
Check the screenshots attached. That's where I'm stuck.

Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 28, 2016
Craigston:

Really? I don't think so.
Check the screenshots attached. That's where I'm stuck.

Did you use a valid email address? please confirm that. The confirmation mail will be re-sent soon
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Did you use a valid email address? please confirm that. The confirmation mail will be re-sent soon
I did. a 'user@ymail' address.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2016
Craigston:
I did. a 'user@ymail' address.
Have you read your private message on friendosphere?
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Have you read your private message on friendosphere?
Replied.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by asalimpo(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
registered on your site.
The site reminds me so much of S.O (stack overflow).
I kept clicking the confirmation link in my inbox but nadir. fs(friendosphere) kept saying confirmation incorrect .
Stuff like that can make a user wanna leave ur site for good.
Nice job though.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Craigston: 2:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
asalimpo:
registered on your site.
The site reminds me so much of S.O (stack overflow).
I kept clicking the confirmation link in my inbox but nadir. fs(friendosphere) kept saying confirmation incorrect .
Stuff like that can make a user wanna leave ur site for good.
Nice job though.
DanielTheGeek, I think the problem is reproducible. So it's not only me...
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 04, 2017
Craigston:

DanielTheGeek, I think the problem is reproducible. So it's not only me...

I'm sorry about this. There could be a cookie issue with your browser, that's the closest I could get to the possible cause. I'd manually activate your accounts.

I tested it multiple times and it went through easily at all times.
Re: Friendosphere.com is there for you, developer-inclined website by directonpc(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

I'm sorry about this. There could be a cookie issue with your browser, that's the closest I could get to the possible cause. I'd manually activate your accounts.

I tested it multiple times and it went through easily at all times.
Why not reinvent the verification system to something less prone to cookie issues? Or you want put number for people to call you for manual activation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Haitian Ipod: D / Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? / Please Any Php/mysql Developers Whatsapp Group Out There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.