Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,071 members, 7,842,037 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo (1006 Views)

A Mother Pretends To Be Mad To Outsmart Boko Haram For 9 Months / Nneoma Rochas Okorocha & Jacob Zuma's Wife Pictured In Government House, Owerri / The Chapel Okorocha Built In Government House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Limitednow: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2016
VICE President Yemi Osinbajo has said that it would be a misnomer and an act of madness if what he and President Muhammadu Buhari are in government for is to make money.

“It is madness for anybody in our position to be looking for money. God put people in a position of authority for them to be able to do something for their people.

“I think if any Nigerian gets the chance to be president of the country, there is nothing he/she is looking for anymore except that while there, you improve the lot of the people.”

The Vice President spoke yesterday, Thursday when he received a delegation of Christian Ministers Welfare Initiative also known as the Pastors’ Forum, Taraba State, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Osinbajo sworn that President Buhari’s dream is to make sure Nigeria is great again and that he has no other objective other than seeing this dream come true.

“This morning, I had a meeting with the President and he repeated to me twice, he said ‘at my age there is only one thing I am looking for, I want to see a great Nigeria.’ He has no other objective and I feel very inspired by that,” Prof Osinbajo stated.

Linking the economic situation to corruption and official graft, the Vice President said: “no economy can tolerate the level of corruption seen in Nigeria without the consequence. Nigerian lives were being lost and yet people cannot account for $15 billion meant for purchase of security equipment to fight the insurgents.”

The Vice President also explained how the factor of vandalisation of oil installations is contributory to the recession, saying that Nigeria has lost several millions of barrels of crude oil due to the activities of the militants in the Niger Delta.

According to him, by early 2016 the country was producing 5,000MW of power for the first time, but by February 2016 the Focados terminal  was destroyed by militants and 40 per cent  of the gas used to fire the power plants were lost and the country was down to 2,500MW of power.

Professor Osinbajo said that at the time the militants started blowing up oil and gas installations, the amnesty stipend were still being paid.

“Nothing changed, the only reason is that we  are investigating people who have stolen money.”

He said that the country is losing one million barrels of oil a day and 60percent of the country’s revenues, adding that there is nowhere such amount of revenue is lost without going into  some  economic challenge like a recession.

While expressing optimism that the country will come out of the recession, the Vice President said: “there is no question at all, God has a reason for bringing us in at this time and God helping us we will see a change in this country.”

Vice President Osinbajo asked the Church and all religious leaders to stand up against corruption, stressing that if this government is doing the right thing by fighting corruption, the Church should support it.

Earlier, the Chairman of the delegation, Rev, Godwin Nyiekule said that the delegation was in the State House to pledge their support to the Buhari Administration for its forthrightness and fight against corruption.

“We are happy with the government for the war against corruption crusade,” he said.

Rev Nyiekule said that the Christian Ministers Welfare Initiative is a non-partisan group but supports good persons who want to participate in government, adding that the federal government should come to the assistance of those churches whose premises are being used as IDP camps.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/i-and-buhari-would-be-mad-if-our-aim-in-government-is-to-make-money-osinbajo/

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Young03(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2016
story
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by ammyluv2002(f): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Oh really? undecided undecided
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Izonpikin: 9:03am On Sep 30, 2016
mr pastor the day you delved into politics you stopped being clean..thats if you were ever clean in the first place... cheesy cheesy

just shove that story right up in the mouths of the gullible many...

thank you

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Oladimejyy(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2016
I dont have respect for this man and his church (RCCG) since he joined politics,i dont have respect for the church because the members were now running for post which Jesus was againstwhy cant DEEPER LIFE run after politics,it is because they knew dat immediately u joim politics u will be corrupt and their church pastor,members,Jesus were against it...SO MR VP,with all due respect u joined politics because of wealth.THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Wailers feel otherwise
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
mr pastor the day you delved into politics you stopped being clean..thats if you were ever clean in the first place... cheesy cheesy

just shove that story right up in the mouths of the gullible many...

thank you

So a pastor should restraint from politics ?

Look for something else to wail on
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Talking as if you and Buhari are sane before. Abeg Osinbaja, go sleep oo! No let me transfer my frustration on uoo!
Who can even remind me today's exchange rate and the price for a modu of rice?

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2016
Royal155:
Talking as if you and Buhari are sane before. Abeg Osinbaja, go sleep oo! No let me transfer my frustration on uoo!
Who can even remind me today's exchange rate and the price for a modu of rice?

They never claimed to be saint

We the followers believe they are better than your hero

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Izonpikin: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

cant you see how the pastor has resorted to lies and hypocrisy??...thats what politics is...i dont think God approves of that...
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by ojubi(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Dear VP Osinbajo, good governance is not the delivery of fine speeches and praise singing for president Buhari, but the delivery of result and good impact on the citizens which your government is absolutely clueless on.

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Oladimejyy(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

Jesus is against joining politics because it is a dirty, dangerous and powerful game becos u have to do what is against the will of God
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Oladimejyy:
Jesus is against joining politics because it is a dirty, dangerous and powerful game becos u have to do what is against the will of God

Your facts ?

We honor facts here

We no dey do beer parlor talk on this forum
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Limitednow: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2016
I just pray Nigeria should be in safe hands.

Lalasticlala
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Limitednow:
I just pray Nigeria should be in safe hands.

Lalasticlala

We are already in safe hands

Since the time we left Egypt
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by GOFRONT(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2016
Can't beleive APC can still win an election considerin the kind of hunger n hardship they said it brought upon d land......#Edodecides....i dont get
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by abokibuhari: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2016
adeboye too na cri****l lipsrsealed
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by FagsamPHP(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2016
na Madness go surely end una matter!!!!!!! Bastard leaders....
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by FagsamPHP(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2016
GOFRONT:
Can't beleive APC can still win an election considerin the kind of hunger n hardship they said it brought upon d land......#Edodecides....i dont get

We all knw say dat one na well perfected rigging
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

sarrki:

Your facts ?

We honor facts here

We no dey do beer parlor talk on this forum

A pastor is not suppose to maintain two professions especially a political profession, it is either you are for God or against him. You can not serve God and marmon. As a pastor, you devote your time to “feeding and taking care of the flocks.” How many of Jesus's disciples had dual professions?? Matthew left his tax collector job, peter abandoned his fishing work in order to follow Jesus. As a pastor, you can analyse political phenomenons but becoming a political professional is unbiblical.
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

We are already in safe hands

Since the time we left Egypt
Nigeria was in safe hands until you colluded with the north to vote in someone that landed Nigeria in Egypt.
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:
Nigeria was in safe hands until you colluded with the north to vote in someone that landed Nigeria in Egypt.

When we colluded with other part of the country to vote

Fmr president Gej in 2011 against buhari

You are ok with that

Bro please stop all this ethnic jingoism of yours

1 Like

Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:

A pastor is not suppose to maintain two professions especially a political profession, it is either you are for God or against him. You can not serve God and marmon. As a pastor, you devote your time to “feeding and taking care of the flocks.” How many of Jesus's disciples had dual professions?? Matthew left his tax collector job, peter abandoned his fishing work in order to follow Jesus. As a pastor, you can analyse political phenomenons but becoming a political professional is unbiblical.

Just a verse

I don't need this your long epistle

Waiting
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

Yet many wailers were ready to die for one pastor to get elected in Edo state
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Ovamboland(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:

Peter still went back occasionally to his fishing job after Jesús was killed, Paul also joined tent makers to earn some quick dole whenever time permits, so your point?
Meanwhile his term his 4years renewable only once. Total of 8 years and he can devote the rest of his life to pastoral care.

You complain of the quality and trustworthiness of political operatives but shu away people who declare to live ethical lives. What do we really want?
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by bennybaba(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2016
Hmmmm......mad president and vice president grin
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Ovamboland:

Peter still went back occasionally to his fishing job after Jesús was killed, Paul also joined tent makers to earn some quick dole whenever time permits, so your point?
Meanwhile his term his 4years renewable only once. Total of 8 years and he can devote the rest of his life to pastoral care.

You complain of the quality and trustworthiness of political operatives but shu away people who declare to live ethical lives. What do we really want?
Is it only pastors that live ethical lives?? where are the members??

yes Peter returned back to fishing because be lacked the understanding then, but when Jesus rose from death, he abandoned his fishing again and received the the holy spirit the became fishers of men.

Paul had to joined tent makers in order to raise funds, so are you saying Osinbajo was not financially okay before he became a political politician??.
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

When we colluded with other part of the country to vote

Fmr president Gej in 2011 against buhari

You are ok with that

Bro please stop all this ethnic jingoism of yours
who really needs to stop ethnic “jingoism” between both of us?? because you perceived marginalisation from Gej's govt, your bigotry beclouded you thinking faculty from seeing that he was doing well for the nation, know that he is out of office you still blame the woes of the nation on him as if he is the president.

In spite of the Buhari administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brandnew, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, andother professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria now has an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which is not only selling locally but already dabbling in exports.

So stop these lackluster depictions of yours.
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

Just a verse

I don't need this your long epistle

Waiting
Very silly, so you mean the illustrated examples of Matthew and Peter are not from the Bible??.
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:
Very silly, so you mean the illustrated examples of Matthew and Peter are not from the Bible??.

We are not in a motor park

Exact verse

Just simple as Abc
Re: I And Buhari Would Be Mad If Our Aim In Government Is To Make Money – Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:
who really needs to stop ethnic “jingoism” between both of us?? because you perceived marginalisation from Gej's govt, your bigotry beclouded you thinking faculty from seeing that he was doing well for the nation, know that he is out of office you still blame the woes of the nation on him as if he is the president.

In spite of the Buhari administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brandnew, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, andother professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria now has an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which is not only selling locally but already dabbling in exports.

So stop these lackluster depictions of yours.

If given the opportunity again I will vote against him

(1) (Reply)

83 Soldiers Still Missing Including A Commanding Officer - Army Is Ill Equipped / One Dies As Protest Turns Bloody / President Buhari Commissions Kalambaina Housing Estate In Sokoto – See Full Spee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.