Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today (917 Views)

Checkout Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar – Today (11/12/2017) / Checkout Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar - Today (5/11/2017) / Naira Crashes To All Time Low Against US Dollar Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by DeZoro(m): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2016
I imported my Eco Solvent Ink through a shipping company Chioce Chrisnak based in Apapa, Lagos and as I was about to pay for the shipment today, I was told to pay 510 naira for 1 USD. So I was charged 7650 for 15 USD.

What kind of thing is this, what is wrong with our naira? which way Nigerians?
Re: I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by ammyluv2002(f): 11:46am On Sep 30, 2016
So sad! Imagine. ..this is just not fair!
Re: I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by banki(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
why don't you start producing the ink in Nigeria or may be patronize local manufacturers if the ink is produced in Nigeria
since you may have the money you and other ink importers can partner raise funds and start producing the ink in Nigeria

that way
1) you will create jobs
2) you will make more money

3 Likes

Re: I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Fedric(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
banki:
why don't you start producing the ink in Nigeria or may be patronize local manufacturers if the ink is produced in Nigeria
since you may have the money you and other ink importers can partner raise funds and start producing the ink in Nigeria

that way
1) you will create jobs

GBAM

1 Like

Re: I Paid 510 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
banki:

that way
1) you will create jobs

What you fail to understand is that it will cost him far less to import that same ink compared to when he sets up a manufacturing plant for ink production in nigeria. Common, don't tell me you don't know what it is to be a manufacturer in this country. The business environment is so "contractive". I have relatives who are manufacturers and they lament continually. But i guess we all have to make "sacrifices" to make this our beloved country great again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Youngest Billionaire , Uzochukwu Feeds 1000 Orphans & Widows / Profitable Online Businesses / Cashclub-make Money In A Secure Platform-ph5k Get 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.