Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting (729 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Performs Miracle On The Street Of London (pics, Video) / Pastor Goes Numb While Destroying Traditional Shrine - Premium Times / Pastor Goes Astray After Sexy Lady Posts Massive Cleavage On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Ksslib(m): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4298774_pixlr20160916192143304_jpeg61832f479f8f5776c85e4f12f6528cb0
klibpaper: Saying that even God would understand in this Buhari economy, local Nigerian pastor and spiritual leader of Burn Down Hell Ministries on Sunday, announced his decision to go into sports betting during a Sunday service.

"Brethren, my dear people of God, hard times are here" said the annointed man of God, who squeezed his face, bit his tongue, looked at the floor while shaking his head, and was reported to have screamed "argh" "ahhh" five times.

"When was the last time any of you gave offering? How do you expect me to eat, to survive! How?? I am sorry, but I cannot pull down manna from heaven. I am a man of God, not a magician" explained the pastor who said he has not eaten a standard meal for months and was tired of soaking garri.

"Which is why after much fasting and prayer, I have decided to go into sports betting. I know the devil-- accuser of the brethren, has deceived some of you that sport betting is a sin but show me anywhere in the bible where God used his mouth to call the word 'sport betting' a sin. Sister Chioma, can you? How about you, brother Jude? I am waiting " preached the pastor who also talked about a "Youth Out-reach" program where young, talented church youths will be trained by betting experts for a 6 month period to enable them stand out in the betting industry and help recover the so far lost cash that rightfully belongs to the church of God from the current ailing economy.

The pastor, who also revealed to his congregation that he has started taking an online course on mordern sports betting techniques and was already topping his class, was said to have impressed them greatly and drew a defeaning round of applause when he used terminologies like-- over 1.5, full-time draw, handicap 1 --- to break down scriptures.

At press time, members could be seen forming a big circle that had the pastor in the middle, all chanting to the heavens and sprinkling holy water on what appeared to be a picture of three time ballon d'or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo-- glued to hundreds of betting tickets. The highlight, however, was said to have been when the pastor stepped forward and anointed the Real Madrid player's leg with olive oil to the delight of all his members who kept chanting and prophesying to their tickets, eyes closed-- "Ronaldo to score..... Ronaldo to score...... Ronaldo to score"

Source: http://www.klibpaper.com/2016/09/economic-recession-hard-times-are-here.html
Re: Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Gofwane(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
This op ehn, you no well at all grin
Re: Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Deicide: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
In America they hardly go to Church but they are still better than our hypocritical Nigerian Christians!
Re: Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Ksslib(m): 11:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Gofwane:
This op ehn, you no well at all grin
Lol. Na recession cause am.

erm... Lalasticlala , move this to fp. I promise to kill one snake for you tomorrow latest. Plus, I nearly lost my life as an undervover journalist ivestigating this case.
Re: Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Gofwane(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ksslib:

Lol. Na recession cause am.

erm... Lalasticlala , move this to fp. I promise to kill one snake for you tomorrow latest.
buahahaha... So basically, lala's love for snakes is unquantifiable?
Re: Economic Recession: Hard Times,as Local Nigerian Pastor Goes Into Sports Betting by Ksslib(m): 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
Gofwane:
buahahaha... So basically, lala's love for snakes is unquantifiable?
lol. The infamous Jacob Zuma 'two fingers' pic is an apt description of how he and snakes go hand in hand.

(1) (Reply)

The Psalmist And The "Foolishness" Talk / Can You Spot The Problem Here? Must See! / Zimbabwean Pastor Disgrace After The Prostitute He Had Sex With Turned To Be His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.