Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

African Players Had A Massive Impact-arsène Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Players Had A Massive Impact-arsène Wenger (637 Views)

2018 Top 11 Best African Players To Watchout For In The Fifa Word Cup / Kanu Nwankwo Reacts To Arsène Wenger Resignation With Emotional Message - Read / Cheick Tiote's Shock Death - African Players And Heart Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Players Had A Massive Impact-arsène Wenger by afolayangs(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
Arsène Wenger had special praise for the African players he’s worked with as he looked back on 20 years in charge at Arsenal - and even longer as a manager.

The boss transformed Kolo Toure from an unknown into a world-class defender, and re-ignited Kanu’s career when he signed the Nigerian in 1999

“African players had a massive impact on my career because I always managed them right from the moment I started in the top league in France,” said Wenger.

“I had African players at Monaco and I like the fact that they were creative and they are usually attacking players with imagination. They have pace and power as well, and they usually combine strength and agility well. That’s very difficult to find.

“Africans are hugely passionate people and there is a big passion in Africa for the game. They are happy on the football pitch and that’s something which has been fantastic for us.

“Kanu had a massive impact here, Kolo Toure too, I had George Weah too… so all these players had a massive impact.”

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160930/-african-players-had-a-massive-impact-#l4SkjtpxOQob5BO1.99
Re: African Players Had A Massive Impact-arsène Wenger by NOC1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
Good coach God bless your spirit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Won 2016 Ballon D'or / Chelsea Ready To Allow Mikel To Join Another Club On Loan Next Month / Download FA Cup Video: Blackburn 1 – 2 Manchester United Goals And Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.