Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,214 members, 7,860,368 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo (548 Views)

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister / Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo / "Your Niger-Delta Visit Meaningless" - Militants Tells Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by sarrki(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari’s greatest dream is to see the emergence of a greater and more prosperous Nigeria from the current crisis situation, his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, has stated.

Vice President Osinbajo said the President told him during a meeting on Thursday that despite the present situation in the country, his only objective was to make necessary sacrifice to make Nigeria great again.

“At my age, there is only one thing I am looking for. I want to see a great Nigeria,” Mr. Osinbajo recalled the President as saying.

“This morning, I had a meeting with the President and he repeated to me twice. I feel very inspired by that,” he told a delegation of Christian Ministers’ Welfare Initiative known as the Pastors’ Forum, Taraba State, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Mr. Osinbajo said the president reaffirmed his commitment to a great Nigeria where peace and justice reigned.

“It is madness for anybody in our position to be looking for money. God put people in positions of authority for them to do something for their people.

“I think if any Nigerian gets the chance to be president of the country, there is nothing he/she is looking for anymore, except to improve the lot of the people while there,” he noted.

Linking the current economic situation to corruption and official graft, the vice president said no economy would tolerate the level of corruption in Nigeria without consequences.

“Nigerian lives were being lost and yet people cannot account for $15 billion meant for purchase of security equipment to fight the insurgents,” he said.

On how vandalism of oil installations contribute to the current economic recession the country is facing, Mr. Osinbajo said Nigeria lost millions of barrels of crude oil due to the activities of militants in the Niger Delta.

In early 2016, the Vice President said, the country was generating 5,000 MW of electricity.

However, due to the destruction of Forcados terminal by militants, he said about 40 per cent of the gas used to fire the power plants were lost and electricity supply was cut down to about 2,500MW.

He said the vandalism of oil facilities cost the country loss of over one million barrels of oil a day, and about 60 per cent of the country’s revenues.

“There is nowhere such amount of revenue is lost without the country going into some economic challenges like the current recession,” he noted.

Assuring that the country would soon come out of the recession, the VP said “there is no question at all, God has a reason for bringing us in at this time. God helping us, we will see a change in this country.”

Vice President Osinbajo urged the Church and religious leaders to stand up against corruption.

“If this government is doing the right thing by fighting corruption the Church should support it,” he said.

Assuring the group that government was working seriously to end the herdsmen crisis, the vice president said the president had instructed the police and the military to deal decisively with anybody found carrying arms.

“It is not possible for one tribe to dominate another based on the way God has structured the country. The reason we have Christian president and Muslim vice president or Muslim president and Christian vice president is to have balance,” he said.

Earlier, chairman of the delegation, Godwin Nyiekule, a reverend, said their visit was to pledge their support to the present administration for its forthrightness and fight against corruption.

Mr. Nyiekule said the group was a non-partisan group that supports persons interested in participating in governance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/211650-i-want-see-great-nigeria-buhari-tells-osinbajo.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by agwom(m): 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
Vision without work is bad...
Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by richidinho(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ok
grin
Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by abokibuhari: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari they m a d for that statement, I want to see naija, continue they see...
Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by MyVision2020: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
agwom:
Vision without work is bad...
all jokers.. grin
Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by MyVision2020: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: I Want To See A Great Nigeria”, Buhari Tells Osinbajo by MyVision2020: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Army Kills 7 Armed Militants In Bakassi, Recover Arms. / Ondo APC Primary: Akeredolu Made Good His Threat To Shock Tinubu – Abraham / BREAKING: I Won’t Quit From Your Case, CCT Judge Tells Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.