Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,386 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister (20689 Views)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
The story is the same or even worse in other parts of Nigeria.
The Petroleum minister is President Muhammadu Buhari.This same man got away with the most drastic price increase in the pump price of fuel in Nigeria,so there is no justification for this current scarcity.
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office! Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
The Petroleum minister is President Muhammadu Buhari.This same man got away with the most drastic price increase in the pump price of fuel in Nigeria,so there is no justification for this current scarcity.
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!
Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
I have not seen this level of incompetence because I am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his maligned incompetence,had been allowed the same leeway with price increase and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eagleeye2: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ayam, very surprised that people are not talking about this fuel crisis.

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by tchimatic(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
Cc. ngeneukwenu, sarrki, python1

12 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:
Ayam, very surprised that people are not talking about this fuel crisis.
A good reason is the tactical but crude suppression of views.
The Nigerian Broadcasting commission had earlier this year regulated the airing of phone in programs with the directive to broadcast stations to limit the time allocated,the number per day,but most crudely that call ins should be screened.
TVC bowed cheaply and yanked off its popular newspaper review,and those still airing are giving us caricature of phone ins.
The same devilish government wanted to achieve same aim with social media,but have found that almost impossible due to the global nature of popular sites.

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by SalamRushdie: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
This is the worst fuel scarcity we have experienced so far ..there is no fuel anywhere to even queue for.

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the worst fuel scarcity we have experienced so far ..there is no fuel anywhere to even queue for.
The thing tire me and people still want to keep quiet,in this Christmas period!
I can't verify but I am hearing transport fare to the East because of the added fuel scarcity has reached 10k!!

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eagleeye2: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

The thing tire me and people still want to keep quiet,in this Christmas period!
I can't verify but I am hearing transport fare to the East because of the added fuel scarcity has reached 10k!!
Yeah that is the truth. Companies like God is Good motors are collecting 14,400. You can check it on their website.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by fx45(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The few stations selling here in the east are selling for N250 per liter. Buhari has finished us!

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by seunmohmoh(f): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
too bad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by NwaChibuzor13: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

Yeah that is the truth. Companies like God is Good motors are collecting 14,400. You can check it on their website.
The fuel scarcity ain't helping matters coupled with the usual festive season surge in prices.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by NwaAmaikpe: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
shocked

Buhari may not be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should not resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should not resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.

224 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Funny people.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Opinedecandid(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Infact, since yesterdays, he should have.
After increase the pump price by over 80%.
Yet animals are still shouting sai baba.

44 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by doctokwus: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:

Idonblivit!
What have we got ourselves into!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Aieboocaar(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
what a government

To be honest, anyone who still supports this government after all these is just wicked!!!

doctokwus:
A good reason is the tactical but crude suppression of views.
The Nigerian Broadcasting commission had earlier this year regulated the airing of phone in programs with the directive to broadcast stations to limit the time allocated,the number per day,but most crudely that call ins should be screened.
TVC bowed cheaply and yanked off its popular newspaper review,and those still airing are giving us caricature of phone ins.
The same devilish government wanted to achieve same aim with social media,but have found that almost impossible due to the global nature of popular sites.

This government is just demonic!!!!

All these was just a carefully thought out plan to silence the voice of the masses before unleashing evil

87 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin
2.Reasons why we have fuel queues are simple

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...fuel will sell at 200-300 naira per liter.
YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by bolt000(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
And after all this one.. one useless youth would now subscribe(with hin own money) and come online to start defending this useless govt. You must be under a spell, infact you're cursed, you're mad, walai ori e ti buru.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by RX480(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Remember when petrol was 65 naira?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ayam not understanding the op
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by raker300: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari resign? Impossicant

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
We've bought fuel at 400 naira per litre in this country, and no body resigned. Na this child play wey person go come resign ?

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by mytime24(f): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
Just collectin salaries as presido nd minister
4nothin undecided

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by eddieguru(m): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
I wipe for this country cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by kelvyn7: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
SAI BABA grin
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari is a calamity, we've never had it so bad like what's happening now.
Imagine fuel at 145naira/litre yet there's scarcity.
Some people are mad because I don't understand how a sane mind will still scream sai baba.

cc Sarrki, NgeneUkwenu, Mynd44, madridguy, mrvitalis, omenka aka omenkalives, python1, progressive01.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by free2ryhme: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office! Couldn't get fuel in many stations in Lagos today and those few filling stations that had are witnessing mad queues.
I have not seen this level of incompetence becausevi am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his incompetent glory had been allowed the same leeway,and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!
I have not seen this level of incompetence because I am sure if YarAdua,and even Jonathan in all his maligned incompetence,had been allowed the same leeway with price increase and this kind of scarcity persists,they would virtually have been chased out of office!

Magu failing in his effort to arrest maina was tribalistic same thing with his success in arresting Innocent Chukwuma. If you like paint it as you wish, the whole thing is tribalistic.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
in afonja voice SAI BABA, BUHARI TILL 2050 cool cheesy grin

15 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Reisign

The certificateless daftus would rather die than resign.

A monumental failure of a leader

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by positivelord: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
eddieguru:
I wipe for this country cry cry cry

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by free2ryhme: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

there is no scarcity na artificial hoarding

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes / Passingshots Analysis On Refineries Featured On Keeping It Real. / N37.1bn Fraud: Buhari’s Minister Shuns EFCC Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.