Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191181 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by DammyOlu123(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
organicfoods:
No I havent, feeds composition will follow soon.

Oh, alright. Wonderful topic. Thank you for your selfless sharing. You will be duly rewarded at the right time. smiley
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
Still the same batch of birds? Or another batch sir?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by MrBONE2(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
organicfoods:
No I havent, feeds composition will follow soon.
Pls Boss, add me in ur Organic poultry project whatsapp group.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by phillings247: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
pls add me to d organic poultry group:08027915498
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by samuelojimba(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
pls Add me 07030520104
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kollydeb(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2016
Pls add 08038252177 to the group.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Boskaii: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Please add this number to the group. 08052529311
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by gkutez: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Old add me to the organic poultry group 08036094164
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by delight03: 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
kindly add me08051261898
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by DatBenueBoi(m): 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Alhajipablo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Pls, ejo, add 08108169276
Datz all
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by haarfeez: 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
please after so many requests I'm yt to be added to the whatsapp grp or is it non existent
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by aboutbiz: 10:53am On Dec 25, 2016
07066151995 Abdul
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by akanuohafia: 2:32am On Dec 27, 2016
Please add 08132309675 Sam
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2016
I thought organic foods created a thread for the WhatsApp group.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreenAcres(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Your project is commendable. I hope my contribution is not belated - if the birds had been sold for christmas, but for knowledge base, the most common reason that feathers do not develop is a deficiency of a critical protein constituent (amino acid) from the diet of the birds. The feathers of birds contain high levels of a subunit of proteins called "methionine." Methionine is one of only a few amino acids that contain sulfur, and sulfur is a major constituent of feathers. If bird diets are deficient in any single amino acid, it will most likely be methionine. An adequate level of methionine is required in the diet and a deficiency results in reduced growth and feather development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lanre2009: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
So how can this Methionine be added to their feed organically?

GreenAcres:
Your project is commendable. I hope my contribution is not belated - if the birds had been sold for christmas, but for knowledge base, the most common reason that feathers do not develop is a deficiency of a critical protein constituent (amino acid) from the diet of the birds. The feathers of birds contain high levels of a subunit of proteins called "methionine." Methionine is one of only a few amino acids that contain sulfur, and sulfur is a major constituent of feathers. If bird diets are deficient in any single amino acid, it will most likely be methionine. An adequate level of methionine is required in the diet and a deficiency results in reduced growth and feather development
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreenAcres(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
lanre2009:

Synthetic Methionine is available in the market as vitamin premix, but because synthetic amino acids are not allowed in organic livestock production,and cannot be used in organic feed, nutrition can present challenges in organic poultry production. Providing the amino acid methionine (MET) without oversupplying protein is generally the most difficult. Feed rations that are high in plant proteins, such as soybean meal, can be used instead of synthetic MET, but high-protein diets are not healthy for poultry or the environment. Diets containing non-conventional sources of protein, such as earthworms or insects, can help provide MET, but these ingredients are, in most cases, not available in sufficient quantity in organic form.

Other practicing poultry farmers in organic feeding should please contribute, for every one of us to learn.

PS: We are not practicing wholly organic feeding yet, but conventional poultry practice, though we are very much interested in these. Kudos to the torch bearers

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 30, 2016
lanre2009:

It's also available through multivitamins like powervit which is added to water or feed.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by uzolexis(f): 7:15am On Dec 30, 2016
Organicfoods have you sold your birds? How much did you sell them for?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
uzolexis:
Organicfoods have you sold your birds? How much did you sell them for?
I sold many of them. Price at 3500

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by confluence: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
@organicfoods,
welldone, God bless your hustle, what was the highest weight you recorded?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by iclass1: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
Please add me. Am interested - 07030251702(Tunde)
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by uzolexis(f): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
organicfoods:
I sold many of them. Price at 3500
considering how much you spent on raising them would you say you made profit?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:02am On Jan 01, 2017
uzolexis:

considering how much you spent on raising them would you say you made profit?
Yes profitable. I didn't spend more than 80k in total before the sales. I am keeping 8 for further experiment though.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by seguno2: 2:13am On Jan 01, 2017
organicfoods:
Yes profitable. I didn't spend more than 80k in total before the sales. I am keeping 8 for further experiment though.

Oga, I hope that you paid your tithe oh.
Just joking.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:15am On Jan 01, 2017
Hahahaha
seguno2:

Oga, I hope that you paid your tithe oh.
Just joking.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by seguno2: 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
organicfoods:
Hahahaha

You have really done well with your experimental project.
I hope that you will expand based on the lessons learned while tweaking and fine tuning as you go along.
You may want to get ahead of the ubiquitous copycats by establishing yourself as the go-to person/business for organic poultry etc and if possible set up standards for grading and certifying products as organic.
All the best in the new year.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by MrBONE2(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
organicfoods:
How i wish one of those chicken go enter my MAMA soup pot . grin

Our Boss,i wish you HAPPY NEW YEAR. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

You have really done well with your experimental project.
I hope that you will expand based on the lessons learned while tweaking and fine tuning as you go along.
You may want to get ahead of the ubiquitous copycats by establishing yourself as the go-to person/business for organic poultry etc and if possible set up standards for grading and certifying products as organic.
All the best in the new year.
Thanks a lot for using the crystal balls... My dreams for this project revolves round these stuffs you just mentioned. The prospect is huge.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by seguno2: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
organicfoods:
Thanks a lot for using the crystal balls... My dreams for this project revolves round these stuffs you just mentioned. The prospect is huge.

.....and the potentials are huge, particularly in this Buhari recession economy with foreign exchange wahala.
May the good Lord give you the strength, wisdom and fortitude to reach for and touch the sky.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lereinter(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
organicfoods:
Fifth bag of feeds consumed.
Highest weight = 1394g Lowest weight = 756g Average weight = 1095g Total weight = 53659 Total feeds consumed = 125000g Total Number of chicken = 49 FCR = 2.3
Note: Only 13 birds are under 1kg after just 4 weeks and 5 days.
49 chicken of 33days old consumed 125 bags of 50kg feed. how much is a bag
at what age could they be of market value

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.